PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 9 - Sugo - 15.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 4 - Round 9 - Sugo - 15.08.18 @8pm UK time

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Didn't see this post haha.
Yeah man, couldn't believe it. During the end I was staying with 1st & 2nd for multiple laps, so unfortunate for me.
Managed to bring it back to 6th or 7th though. @igor55 and I had a good fight. As well as RSlicker in Tier 5.
It was a good fight. But pace difference was too big for me keep you back. And insane qualy time. Hopefully my race pace will be closer tonight.
You can manual dude! Reassign to Square = Upshift & X = Downshift
this is what I do, whilst the wheel gathers dust :(
Are you saying that you are playing with a pad atm?

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Results and standings updated.

Please note that @Jamie Brooks did 34 laps and will get half points for fulfilling 75% of the race (33.75 laps). In the results for the race it says he got 11 points (I can't change the value in that cell) but I have deducted 5.5 points from him in the standings so he have 87.5 points.

Reactions: igor55

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Q:3th
R:3th
Happy to be on the podium again. The first part of the race was absolutely fantastic. Had a great fight with @danjbirch but could nog get passed. When he finnaly made a mistake after almost 20 laps. I took first place. But then who managed to close the gap after spinning early on. Who else but, @Camo_C was doing some terrible driving when he was behind me so it didn't take long for him to pass me.
Then at about lap 24 I pitted to get new front tyres. At first they felt great, and put in my fastest lap. But after 3 laps or so my car started sliding. Cost me a place I think. But had a great fight with @Mhill and again with @danjbirch (getting tired of seeing the back of his Audi :D)
Congrats @Camo_C and @Jarryd Vermeulen for the podium.

Btw does anybody know if it's possible my car felt so bad because I only changed the front tyres. Because before the pit the car felt great.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Btw does anybody know if it's possible my car felt so bad because I only changed the front tyres. Because before the pit the car felt great.
Could be. If we take Brno as example, my car felt really good up until I pitted. Didn't change any tyres and almost directly I started to have problems with understeer and oversteer. Something strange if you don't change all tyres or any at all?

Reactions: igor55

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q. 7th
R: 5th
Quali was as expected a low 1:21.
Race was fun, had a lot of battles with @Mhill , @Jamie Brooks @abr_8082 and @lassebrunsgaard . I'm sorry if I hit you @Jamie Brooks when I tried to pass you! I got a good run and had the inside to corner 1 but mistook @lassebrunsgaard behind me for being you after the corner so I thought it was clear on my left, but there you were. I saw you pitted at the end of that lap, was it by damage from me? After my pitstop I first had a nice view of @lassebrunsgaard and @Jamie Brooks batteling it out for a couple of laps. After that Jamie got passed, I tried to put some pressure on Lasse. That was hard to get close enough due to spray and the Porsche not liking the dirty air. 3 laps from the end I missed my braking point quite badly after the back straight, braked as much as I dared to not lock up and shouting "TURN YOU BAS****". And luckily Lasse turned about half a second before impact... That was way too close for my heart. I thought I had to settle for 6th but Lasse had an "unfortunate" spin in corner 2 out on the last lap. So I finished 5th again (4 times in a row now). Very pleased with that result as I didn't have any high hopes before this race.

Well done all of you for finishing the race (I count Jamie too) and congrats to the podium guys (y)

See ya next week at Watkins Glen!

Camo_C

2 Times AOR PS4 Project Cars2 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Q: 1st
R: 1st ( Just )
Quali went great, knew I had great pace due to the social race.
Started strong for 4 laps, and as @igor55 noted, I span at T2 on lap 5. NOT HAPPY. Dropped back to 5th behind @Jamie Brooks and boy you wouldn't let me pass! haha, not saying you should ha. Got passed Jamie and closed in on @Jarryd Vermeulen . Once again, a tough cookie to get passed. around 6/7 laps into countless attempts to over/undertake managed to slide on through with a gentle tap wheel to wheel.
Next stop, 1st @danjbirch & 2nd @igor55 . Closed the 5+ second gap down to -1s, unfortunate mishap to Dan for spinning before the long bend onto S/F straight. Good couple of laps with igor, made it passed and away I go.

3/4's into the race I am met with @Mhill & @lassebrunsgaard battling it out, then to witness an unfortunate incident at T4. Managed to slip round Lasse, but Matt and myself collided due to an overcorrection maybe? Not to worry though Matt! only slowed me down by 500's haha

5 Laps remain, 18s ahead of 2nd, and yippadedodaday! I spin again, and AGAIN trying to get back on track, thankfully the gap only closed down to 7s.

@igor55 Might as well have changed all tyres dude, the time doesnt change at all. I had 17s pit time whether I do 2 tyres, or 4.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
@igor55 Might as well have changed all tyres dude, the time doesnt change at all. I had 17s pit time whether I do 2 tyres, or 4.
My stop only took 9s. Ofcourse gaining those 8 seconds wasn't worth losing grip and losing 2 seconds a lap. Good to know for next season :D I will not make this mistake again

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Camo_C

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
My stop only took 9s. Ofcourse gaining those 8 seconds wasn't worth losing grip and losing 2 seconds a lap. Good to know for next season :D I will not make this mistake again
You might be right there actually. I thought you could change only the left side tyres, now trying to remember, I don’t think you can. And being as changing all tyres gave more grip, I chose that option. Think I had 8 pit setups for last night haha.

Mr_JayDoubleU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2018
Still annoyed about last night disconnect... nobody fault, but wouldnt have missed Sugo though... ( Will start my router prior to every race, so i van excluded my home network, but know almost for sure it wasnt my network..) love the game but these issues sometimes are very annoying... Congrats to the podium!! Looking forward to The Glen, such a nice track!!!

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
You might be right there actually. I thought you could change only the left side tyres, now trying to remember, I don’t think you can. And being as changing all tyres gave more grip, I chose that option. Think I had 8 pit setups for last night haha.
You can't only change the left ones. Either only front or rear or all. 8 setups :eek: I had 1, and a repair one

Camo_C

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
You can't only change the left ones. Either only front or rear or all. 8 setups :eek: I had 1, and a repair one
Haha, a few setups are as follows.

- AllWets (full wet tyres)
- AllWetFwdAero
- FWDAeroFwdSusp

Now try and imagine aero only, suspension only, front tyres, rear tyres, etc etc.
I was not sure how the race would go, but wanted to be ready for any scenario.

@jwvdg missed you on track dude, hopefully the internet fairs well next week!

Mr_JayDoubleU

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2018
Haha, a few setups are as follows.

- AllWets (full wet tyres)
- AllWetFwdAero
- FWDAeroFwdSusp

Now try and imagine aero only, suspension only, front tyres, rear tyres, etc etc.
I was not sure how the race would go, but wanted to be ready for any scenario.

@jwvdg missed you on track dude, hopefully the internet fairs well next week!
Couldnt even drive out the pit without disconnect ;-D

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Still annoyed about last night disconnect... nobody fault, but wouldnt have missed Sugo though... ( Will start my router prior to every race, so i van excluded my home network, but know almost for sure it wasnt my network..) love the game but these issues sometimes are very annoying... Congrats to the podium!! Looking forward to The Glen, such a nice track!!!
I always restart my router about an hour before the race and also restart my PS4, just to make the odds better. Still have some dsc's on my own but it is what it is...

Jarryd Vermeulen

2 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Q: 1st
R: 1st ( Just )
Quali went great, knew I had great pace due to the social race.
Started strong for 4 laps, and as @igor55 noted, I span at T2 on lap 5. NOT HAPPY. Dropped back to 5th behind @Jamie Brooks and boy you wouldn't let me pass! haha, not saying you should ha. Got passed Jamie and closed in on @Jarryd Vermeulen . Once again, a tough cookie to get passed. around 6/7 laps into countless attempts to over/undertake managed to slide on through with a gentle tap wheel to wheel.
Next stop, 1st @danjbirch & 2nd @igor55 . Closed the 5+ second gap down to -1s, unfortunate mishap to Dan for spinning before the long bend onto S/F straight. Good couple of laps with igor, made it passed and away I go.

3/4's into the race I am met with @Mhill & @lassebrunsgaard battling it out, then to witness an unfortunate incident at T4. Managed to slip round Lasse, but Matt and myself collided due to an overcorrection maybe? Not to worry though Matt! only slowed me down by 500's haha

5 Laps remain, 18s ahead of 2nd, and yippadedodaday! I spin again, and AGAIN trying to get back on track, thankfully the gap only closed down to 7s.

Just watched my race and have to say thanks @Camo_C for some good racing and the flash of my lights after you passed me was a goodbye and also please turn on your lights. Hard to see when I was defending from you as i drive in cockpit view.

Quali P5
Race P2

Have to say I'm happy with that and was pleased with my consistency and 1 error which cost me 3 seconds. So have to say I'm pleased with my result.

Camo_C

Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
@Jarryd Vermeulen Was a great fight dude, really enjoyed that. First thoughts when you flashed was "was that a dirty overtake", but glad you were ok with it haha.
Lights? looked at my stream, and throughout our whole fight they were on. Maybe a replay bug in the game? Check below @ 48:00 onwards, i'm sure my lights are on throughout.