PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Donington Park GP - 18.07.18 @8pm UK time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
How many drivers did we having missing for that one ?

Good going everyone just couldn't keep up when it went to wet
9, but we only have 13 drivers in the tier at the moment :(

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Well for first race on the wheel that went the opposite of what I had hoped for. Couldn't feel comfortable with the settings I have so need to have a good play about this week. It felt better in the wet lol

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 3
R: 4

Thought everyone should be in the 1:28.xxx with qualifying, turned out not :) So happy with 3th place for qualifying.
With the first 10 laps i could keep up with @ayrton_z75, but then he was gone...think I lost my concentration.
Funny with the rain and the "real time" settings you never know when it starts raining. When I heard my tyres slipping on the track (lap 25) I know it was time to pit.
First laps where ok with the wets. Then all of the sudden I had @K17RSW in my mirrors. Think you had a nice setup for the wet?
I let him pass because he was to quick to battle with. Good for me...he made a few mistakes and I was back in 4th :)
At the end I could catch @SMdeadpool, but it was just to slippery to get close enough.

Nice race guys and congratulations to the podium guys and I hope next week we have 14 drivers (y)

Boniface-8

AOR iRacing GTE S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2017
Q: 3
R: 4

Thought everyone should be in the 1:28.xxx with qualifying, turned out not :) So happy with 3th place for qualifying.
With the first 10 laps i could keep up with @ayrton_z75, but then he was gone...think I lost my concentration.
Funny with the rain and the "real time" settings you never know when it starts raining. When I heard my tyres slipping on the track (lap 25) I know it was time to pit.
First laps where ok with the wets. Then all of the sudden I had @K17RSW in my mirrors. Think you had a nice setup for the wet?
I let him pass because he was to quick to battle with. Good for me...he made a few mistakes and I was back in 4th :)
At the end I could catch @SMdeadpool, but it was just to slippery to get close enough.

Nice race guys and congratulations to the podium guys and I hope next week we have 14 drivers (y)

Think I spent 30 laps trying to close that 4 second gap behind you just couldn't get close.

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Think I spent 30 laps trying to close that 4 second gap behind you just couldn't get close.
I did noticed that with the timings on the hud. Sometimes you came really close and then I had a good lap..sometimes when my engineer is telling me to push, then it works :)

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
so glad the rain came early - my setup was heavily biased towards the wet, so first half of the race i was unable to keep up with that bentley (great drive @SMdeadpool, big heavy car for this track) second half was a bit better. would have been struggling if the rain had held off till later.

another good clean race, well done all

Last edited:

SMdeadpool

Formula Karter
Feb 5, 2018
What could have been.....

Quail P1

First time I'd ever managed to get into the 1:28's and grab pole so couldn't have been more happy!

Race P3

Got off to a good start, bridging a small gap to @Slicker and was doing well till lap 25...... I only did one race simulation and it didn't rain till lap 36 so I was a bit surprised when I started lap 25 the track surface instantly changed massively!! @Slicker timed his stop spot on, I however carried on for one more lap, spun the car on the second right hander before the back straight, knew instantly 1st place was out of the question. More pressure from @Michel--NL at the end which kept me on my toes. Can't really complain overall still on the podium and my first fastest lap too. Maybe one day I'll convert a pole to a win ??

Lunadix

F1 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Q6
With 10 minutes the qualify like a super pole :D so if you make an error you have very little chance to get a good time. So i try but i not have a good lap, and when i'm launch myself for last try, a car exit from pit lane enter in ideal line and so nothing.

P9
At first corner i'm fired from one lambo, next 4-5 corners and at first chicane, wheel on apex and spin. so i restart and from this point i make a good battle with @Andy81287 , but after 6-7 laps he spin when i'm near his car and i can't avoid it. Front damage of 20. But it's soon to pit so i try to race, but very difficult.

See you at brno

ayrton_z75

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2016
Q: 4
Same time of @Boniface-8 and only 4 msec by @Michel--NL..
R:2
After a few laps @Michel--NL give me your position probably for a penalty. I followed @Slicker for all the race whit a constant gap.
When starts to rain I decided to continue whit soft tires as much as possible. @Slicker pitted then I make first position when @SMdeadpool spun into the grass. I saw the gap by @Slicker is constant. When the car are undriveable I pitted and I take a 10 sec penalty I don't know why. Sort of pit 4 sec after @Slicker but I spun and decided that second place are good for me.
See you on brno