PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Hockenheim GP - 08.08.18 @8pm UK time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hello my fellow racers. As some of you may have spotted and read on the forum, i havent raced for the last 3 races, due to a problem with my foot.
I am gonna return to the track this evening. But as i just returned to the seat a couple of days ago, don't expect anything spectacular from me :giggle:
Looking forward to race you guys again.
"seen something unfamiliar in your mirror? Could be Fear"
Welcome back @fearmulle :)

Reactions: fearmulle

luckynumber72

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 4, 2018
running hards all round
dipping into the late 39's in qualy on a perfect lap
41/2's in the race so could be close
@Slicker the track conditions in mondays lobby were different for sure - maybe not set correctly

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Thank you Michel.
I can’t get the hard to work. Can’t get enough heat in them.
I needed to drive ± 4 laps to get them to the right temperature. If they are cold you need to be very careful to not spin the car :confused:

ayrton_z75

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2016
Sorry guys..
No training for me. I think it will be a very hard race. Try to make some practise half an hour after the race. But I will be on track.

Reactions: Michel--NL

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
I needed to drive ± 4 laps to get them to the right temperature. If they are cold you need to be very careful to not spin the car :confused:
I did 8 laps and can’t get them above 80 celcius. Not good enough for me.

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Well that was enjoyable. Couple of silly spins cost me time but P3 on the road and P2 if marty doesn't appeal his 30 second pen. Good to be back on the podium regardless

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
That wasn't too bad. Despite 2 spins early on, and an uuuups in the wall. Considered ive had 2 days of racing in 3 weeks. Good to be back.

@Andy81287 Sorry about the hairpin at lap 31 or something. I didnt block you on purpose, think my turn was too sharp, so my car kinda stalled, once it got going it went off the road :) **** happens

Reactions: Andy81287

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
@fearmulle no worries, I cut back too much anyway and got the inside kerb so I didnt think it was a block, you had the line and parked iton the apex exactly as I would have. Can deny that when you spun off on exit it didn't take stress away from fighting to get back ahead lol

• Happy
Reactions: fearmulle

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Sorry guys for the formation lap. I should know the rules about the speed...but I have never been on pole :oops:

Results are updated

luckynumber72

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 4, 2018
Well that was an interesting race

Qualy - good lap but not my best meant i got pipped to pole by @Michel--NL (well done by the way Michel as i think you said it was your first pole). Was great to see the top 6 cars all within a second of each other

Race - got a good start but was worried about running wide in t1 and causing carnage so got a bit cute on the inside and it gave me a penalty. Thought it was just a corner cut penalty but turns out it wanted me to give a position back. By the time I realised it had given me a 30 second time penalty as I was busy racing door to door with @Michel--NL - what happened to you michel did you spin? found myself in the lead after michel disappeared and with a 30 second penalty had to get a move on to try and build a lead. I did manage to build a lead but started to make too many mistakes over driving the car and letting @Slicker close in on me. Managed to keep my lead until me and slicker pitted on lap 31. When we came out the pits after a couple of laps i decided to let @Slicker past to avoid a costly fight as i was really battling for the podium but slicker did not come through like i though lol. Anyway followed slicker till the end and finished third.

Would have been interesting to see how the race would have been without penalties as i think me and slicker were really even. Having seen the replay now am going to put it to the stewards to see if I can get the penalty reduced (sorry @Andy81287 you might drop a place) but overall another great race. Really enjoying this league as it is really close racing!

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 1 :):)
R: 8 :(

This was my first pole and I told you I was nervous about it :)
Had a decent start and @luckynumber72 was really pushing and keeping me focused not to hit him...lucky that din't happened. But after the hairpin in the quick right corner he was next to me on the inside and I wanted to give him space...I hit the curves and goodbye car :cautious:
Pit...I came out as last an luckily wasn't lapped. I know I had the speed and continued setting good laps and getting to the back of @ayrton_z75. We battled lap after lap and finally he made an mistake and I could overtake him. After a few more laps I got to the back of @Boniface-8. I wanted to get real close behing coming on to the straight..that was a bad mistake. Think with the dirty air, my car flipped again. Pit again.

Congrats to the podium guys and with pole and fasted race lap I'm still happy and I know my pace is getting better with the race.
One strange thing...I raced with Hards on the left and Soft on the right. I tested this and it gave me the best stable car in the corners. Sounds strang...I know :p

Evidence of all this

Reactions: ayrton_z75

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
By the time I realised it had given me a 30 second time penalty as I was busy racing door to door with @Michel--NL - what happened to you michel did you spin?
Yes..I wanted to give you some space...and then I hit the curbs...car gone.

If you make the enquiry then the stewards want to see proof of when you get the penalty. The replay will not show that.
So either you could link to my video as evidence that you got the penalty in the first race lap. Or use this picture in combination with the race replay.
Untitled.png

ayrton_z75

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2016
Q:7
R:6
Good start I gain some position in the middle of confusion. But I know that I didn't have the pass to stay in the high position. Then Only a stupid error for me whit @Slicker that put pressure on me. A spin cost me a 20 of damage and the last position. I pitted immediately and then I tried to find a good rythm. Lap after lap I went better. Good battle with @Michel--NL who had the best. So good race for me whit no practise.. best compliment to the podium

Boniface-8

AOR iRacing GTE S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2017
After a few more laps I got to the back of @Boniface-8. I wanted to get real close behing coming on to the straight..that was a bad mistake. Think with the dirty air, my car flipped again. Pit again.
Saw this was trying to work out if I'd done anything wrong. Glad I wasent to blame. Phewww

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Saw this was trying to work out if I'd done anything wrong. Glad I wasent to blame. Phewww
Just a really stupid mistake of my own. I'm not used to overtake cars :sick: