PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Indianapolis Road Course - 04.07.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Indianapolis Road Course - 04.07.18 @8pm UK time

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
poor race for me - very slow off the start, turned into @ayrton_z75 in turn 3 - sorry, mate - my bad, hope you weren't damaged, then really couldn't find my rhythm or pace until i accidentally fitted new tyres with only 5 laps to go ? which gifted 5th place to @Michel--NL
all in all, one to forget

it has brought the championship very tight now ?

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
Gratzs to the Podiums.

my race was a bit of a disaster. The car was nothing like my practice. I've done over 100 laps with AI and some with my brother in online session. Also done part of a race sim to see how it would perform. I couldnt stop it and the grip was terrible. Also the grip level went up and down like it had its own life. One lap it was okay as on hard, then changed as on worn down or really overheated soft. I kept checking my tire temp, as that had to be why, but nope, it was rather stable. It really felt like the game completely messed up my setup. As the 5 min practice, the car was as it should be.
i have tried something similar to this, but its a long time ago now.
I spun in turn 1 i think on the 2nd flying lap, as my brake points was way off suddently, someone hit me, sorry bout that.

@Boniface-8 that was a great little battle. Always enjoy racing people like you, that pays attention. As you can read, i really had some issues, so did my best, to give you space.

ayrton_z75

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2016
poor race for me - very slow off the start, turned into @ayrton_z75 in turn 3 - sorry, mate - my bad, hope you weren't damaged, then really couldn't find my rhythm or pace until i accidentally fitted new tyres with only 5 laps to go ? which gifted 5th place to @Michel--NL
all in all, one to forget

it has brought the championship very tight now ?
No problem for me @Slicker. Also my fault I arrived very long at the first corner.. my race was not good . Never found the correct pace whit a lot of spin and error. The car was undriveable for all the race whit a very high lap time.. I hate hard tire.. Congratulation to the winner and to the others drivers very fast and consistent
See you on the next

Reactions: Lunadix and Slicker

Lunadix

F1 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Bad race. I like this track, but in formation lap my tyre and brake go out temperature and so First brake i go long and from 1 to 5 position. After One lap of adjustment i have a good pace and go 4 position very best to @Michel--NL with a Little more but not too much to try an overtake.
In my mind i want to enter pit very soon but my error at First corner compromise all.
When i enter pit i'm 4 or 5 but when i exit with 48 laps in front of me the car is undriveble. I make a lot of spin, a disaster.

Compliments to winner, see you in next track

Reactions: Michel--NL

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Enjoyable race for 63 laps. Made a decent start to avoid any mishaps. Settled down and got past Michel then spun at the right before the chicane, this was the first of three times I done that in the race. These mistakes cost me second to Deadpool. But good racing, past Slicker twice into T1 late on the brakes (Porsche is awesome on the brakes even on the DS4 controller).

Couldn't chase down Deadpool at the end as the fuel was touch and go despite putting some in at the stop (didn't change tyres) but crossed the line for P3 and finished with less than one litre of fuel!

Reactions: Slicker

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
suggestion for everyone - don't practice with ai - practice with other racers - the ai gives no real benefit as they are too stupid. get in a room (preferably a public lobby) and race real people

Lunadix

F1 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2016
suggestion for everyone - don't practice with ai - practice with other racers - the ai gives no real benefit as they are too stupid. get in a room (preferably a public lobby) and race real people
yes but find public room where there isn't destruction derby is impossible :(

but now that race is finished. mmmmmm you use hard tyre or soft? load fuel for all race or load fuel at pit? for now (rain a part) strategy is the bad thing in all i have to do for race

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
yes but find public room where there isn't destruction derby is impossible :(

but now that race is finished. mmmmmm you use hard tyre or soft? load fuel for all race or load fuel at pit? for now (rain a part) strategy is the bad thing in all i have to do for race
i set up my own lobby with B1300 set as min, long practice, short qualy and usually a 20 min race - although this doesn't give you a full race distance, i do a race run in practice to get tyre wear and fuel usage estimates.

i used hard tyres,full fuel - aimed to only add fuel at stop (20l) but had wrong pit strategy set and changed tyres as well

• Informative
Reactions: Lunadix

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
I don't use AI for the competition, but to get an idea of the live track. The live track is imo rubbish tho. And unpredictable.
I used Hard tires as well, and always start with full tank.

• Informative
Reactions: Lunadix

SMdeadpool

Formula Karter
Feb 5, 2018
I enjoyed this one.....

Started P4 got a good start was up to P2 after lap 1. Tried to put some pressure on @luckynumber72 (your right I do drive the Bentley, she's a noisy girl hahah) but have to take my hat off to him, Great driving and a well delivered win!

The rest of my race consisted mainly of defending from @Michel--NL and @Andy81287 definitely felt the pressure and was expecting Andy to jump me after my pit stop but thankfully came out in clear air and brought the old girl home in a position to be happy about.

Congrats to everyone who took part, saw some good clean racing out there, we might not be elites but least we can all get round without piling into each other ?

See you at Le Mans.