PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Sugo - 15.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Sugo - 15.08.18 @8pm UK time

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
really enjoyed that race - gifted pole by @Michel--NL having a speeding penalty, made a good start and quickly pulled what i thought was a comfortable gap - wrong !!
soon saw that @K17RSW was catching at a rate of knots (appropriate figure of speech considering the conditions ;) ) and realised i had a race on my hands. he made a solid move at the end of the back straight and took the lead, i decided to back off a bit because of the slight lag, then found the gap just growing and i couldn't do anything about it, so decided on a mid point pitstop for fresh rubber which had the desired effect - straight down into the 1:27s car felt great almost like dry, although i did drop to 5th for a while, just kept doing the laptimes and it wasn't long before i was through and chasing @K17RSW for the lead - pretty straightforward in the end, as he said after the race he hadn't changed tyres, so was struggling for pace.

well done to all who finished, i know some of you didn't enjoy the conditions as much as i did :)

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 1
R: 3

I was surprised by the laptime I set with qualification. Did not got even close to it with practice.
Think this was my 4th time I got an penalty with speeding the pitlane :(. You can say I did it on purpose because I just don't want to start as first...but that's not the case. I did read the AOR rolling start procedure this time :oops:

Spin at the last corner made me moved back to the end of the field. After a couple of laps I got to the back of @Xiee, but how do you overtake on this track in the rain????
I just waited for him to make a mistake (no team orders :ROFLMAO:)
From lap 7 to 38 it was a lonely race. I think we all raced at the same pace. I did see @fearmulle , @Andy81287 and @Boniface-8 battling 6 seconds in front of me and I was hoping to catch them. Finally in lap 38 I came at the back of @Andy81287 and @fearmulle. And the same situation as with @Xiee where could I overtake. This time I thought i'm going to pretend I want to do the overtake and see if @Andy81287 would make a mistake. Did not know if this worked, but finally he went a little wide in lap 40 and I could pass him :)
Then the hunt on @fearmulle :p In the last lap I lost sight of him and I thought where did he go. Then in my left view I saw some car lights (red arrow) turning to the track and it scared me. I was thinking o no...leave me alive. Nothing happened and I had 3rd place (y)

One thin I noticed that with the practice my tires where getting very hot at the inside, but with the race I had no problems with it....strange.

Congratulations to the podium guys.

1534424789095.png

Video replay

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
@Michel--NL i can see why that scared you :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don’t return to track unless it’s safe tho, and I knew you where coming. So I was waiting for you to pass. It sucks watching it again lol.
Looked like you had a fairly stable car.
I agree this track in rain, is absolutely terrible to overtake on. I was trapped several times behind others. Couldn’t even get by when they made small mistakes.

Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL i can see why that scared you :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don’t return to track unless it’s safe tho, and I knew you where coming. So I was waiting for you to pass. It sucks watching it again lol.
Looked like you had a fairly stable car.
I agree this track in rain, is absolutely terrible to overtake on. I was trapped several times behind others. Couldn’t even get by when they made small mistakes.
Yes I found it stable. I used the loose setup because of the rain. Think the only change was lowering the car, stiffen the suspension and changing the "engine braking" setting to an higher value.
Thats all I know for setups :)

luckynumber72

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 4, 2018
I think the only way I can describe that race was absolute dog s*!t

Could not get into a rhythm on this track and struggled to find a setup that worked in the rain. Too many mistakes and a couple of pit lane speeding penalties to rub salt into the wounds completed a great week for me

The next race cannot come soon enough!

luckynumber72

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 4, 2018
Yes I found it stable. I used the loose setup because of the rain. Think the only change was lowering the car, stiffen the suspension and changing the "engine braking" setting to an higher value.
Thats all I know for setups :)
@Michel--NL pretty much the opposite of how most people set the car in the wet lol but if it works it works!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
@Michel--NL pretty much the opposite of how most people set the car in the wet lol but if it works it works!
i always set the car up looser for the wet - i don't use default setups but in the touring cars i changed from stable to loose for the wet

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
I was wondering that as well. General advice is increase high and make is softer. Strange the opposite worked for you Michel. But your video clearly shows it did.
I couldn’t get my setups to work either. So I loaded Sonoma wet setup and tweaked a bit and just raced on that. Was better than anything else I had tried.

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
What could have been

@Andy81287 hope my overtake was okay and you didn't think I was being too agressive. Enjoyed the battle I had with you for a little bit

Disappointed with the lack of movement with some of the cars being lapped today
Trying to remember which overtake it was so think that answers the question.

Enjoyable race, one small mistake while leading during the pit cycle cost me around 15seconds and I wish I changed tyres. Did anyone change tyres at all?

@Michel--NL thats how you got by me. Tyres were gone by that point so getting on the brakes was harder with each lap

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Enjoyable race, one small mistake while leading during the pit cycle cost me around 15seconds and I wish I changed tyres. Did anyone change tyres at all?
I changed tyres.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I was wondering that as well. General advice is increase high and make is softer. Strange the opposite worked for you Michel. But your video clearly shows it did.
I couldn’t get my setups to work either. So I loaded Sonoma wet setup and tweaked a bit and just raced on that. Was better than anything else I had tried.
Sometimes I try setups from other sites, but most of the times they don't work me. For the dry I start with the stable and just do very little adjustments, because I really don't know what i'm doing :)
This guide is what I use https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pYxNpsdXETbp_C6OmjpIOdu3Jz4McxtJ

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
@Michel--NL i was watching people when they pitted and trying to time how long they were in pit lane for and figure if anyone changed or not, I thought no one changed tyres so followed suit, guess I was wrong and I do wish I changed them now but hindsight and all that.

For set up @fearmulle I took my dry set up and just softened the suspension and anti roll bars a bit to make it more forgiving for the wet, first time it's worked well tbh lol

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
I changed tires as well. They usually can’t handle a 60 min race. The wear may not look too bad, but they loose a lot of grip.
I’m just hoping for less rain next season, really not my strongest side. Plus no foot problem :geek:

• Agree