PS4 - AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S10 - PS4 Tier 5 - Watkins Glen GP - 22.08.18 @8pm UK time

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I do not see what the issue is here - but just want to check what it is we are meant to be doing
Not an big issue...but when entering the pitlane you don't have to follow the pitlane lines, but instead you could enter it directly after the last right hand corner.
It was mentioned in the other tiers and therefore we are going to follow them ;)

Reactions: luckynumber72

ayrton_z75

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2016
@Michel--NL and all the rest of drivers. Fortunately I'm still on holidays, and I can't be available for tomorrow race. I'm very disappointed because is the third race that I miss in the championship. Good race everyone and I hope to run the French race.

• Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Michel--NL and all the rest of drivers. Fortunately I'm still on holidays, and I can't be available for tomorrow race. I'm very disappointed because is the third race that I miss in the championship. Good race everyone and I hope to run the French race.
Ok thanks for telling me and you have a nice vacation (y)

Fred Ogega

F1 Test Driver
Apr 27, 2016
soooo..... with mechanical failures being off, would that mean its possible to run with the radiator fully closed (0%) without blowing/overheating the engine?

Reactions: Lunadix

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
soooo..... with mechanical failures being off, would that mean its possible to run with the radiator fully closed (0%) without blowing/overheating the engine?
You are correct, you can close the radiator to zero.
Why we did this? Because there used to be bug with PC2. When we did turn on mechanical failures some cars where always ending up after 5 laps with an blown up engine.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q: 9
R: 7

Next time I should practice the qualifying :(
With the start of the race I was behind @Lunadix / @fearmulle and @Fred Ogega / @K17RSW where behind me..so in the middle of the pack. I decided to make an early pitstop in lap 4 to get out of it. And that worked, I could set some fast laps and then when everyone pitted I was 2nd :)
But then there was @Andy81287 and he found some speed in his car. I thought I was setting quick laps and improving every lap, but he still came closer. At some point I thought I will let him pass and take 3th place..also podium. That was a mistake, I lost my focused and crashed into the barrier :rolleyes:
When I wanted to pits I was "playing" with the car strategy and damn I was on the wrong side of the track before the pit entry, I saw @Wrenner93 coming and I thought if I move to the right now, then he will hit me. I think he thought that I was going to the right and he hit me in the back. Sorry @Wrenner93 completely my fault :(

Congrats to @Slicker @Andy81287 @SMdeadpool for the podium (y)
And I think we could say now that @Slicker is our champion :)
Next week last race for this season.

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
Let’s forget about that race.
Was quite a disaster from my side.
Can’t say much, other than I didn’t perform well.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
was really looking forward to a good battle with @luckynumber72 at the start, but an unfortunate error on formation lap gifted me pole. made a good start and just got my head down for a few laps, really got the car working well for me here so a pretty lonely race. only issue was not thinking about the championship ;)

looking forward to bugatti - should be a fun season finale :D

Reactions: Michel--NL

Lunadix

F1 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2016
Q 7
I arrive with only 4 minutes of qualify ahead, load setup of Sonoma and make little adjustment. When exit I had only one lap to make my time, like Superpole. In One lap only I make 1.46.4 at less of 3 decimal from @Slicker .

R 5
Very good race, I love this track. Some good duels,some overlap. Sonoma, Catalunya and this track was the races where I could do the max, and I give a good 5 place. I could make better but my setup is only the qualify setup with full tank so I have brake air closed and all the race I duel with hot brake.
But very good race thank you all and compliment to winner.

Ryan-Winch

Pro Karter
May 28, 2018
Q 7
I arrive with only 4 minutes of qualify ahead, load setup of Sonoma and make little adjustment. When exit I had only one lap to make my time, like Superpole. In One lap only I make 1.46.4 at less of 3 decimal from @Slicker .

R 5
Very good race, I love this track. Some good duels,some overlap. Sonoma, Catalunya and this track was the races where I could do the max, and I give a good 5 place. I could make better but my setup is only the qualify setup with full tank so I have brake air closed and all the race I duel with hot brake.
But very good race thank you all and compliment to winner.
I think I gave you a bump on the last lap, completely my fault and Im sorry! Well held and good racing

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q 7
Sorry @Lunadix that I didn't wait any longer. We waited for say 4 minutes and looked if you where only, but you where offline. So I started the qualification.
Next time if you have the change turn on your PS4, so I know you are there and then we wait for you to arrive. 5 minutes in an life-time is possible to wait..but any longer and I will get bored :p

Lunadix

F1 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2016
No problem @K17RSW I had problem with brake so maybe I start to brake a little early. In last 7-8 laps my front axle tyre is yellow and car doesn't brake so I'm difficult to maintain pace.

@Michel--NL no problem. It's my fault but in my home at 20uk 21 Italian time, dinner is finished and with a baby of 1.5 year there are 1000 things to do. If races start at 20.15 my life is better. I love to race on Aor with you. But for next season I have to find a solution because every Wednesday for me is a battle with time and next with you

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Was real happy with the race apart from one silly mistake chasing @SMdeadpool on lap five, early stop but lost around 20 seconds repairing the damage. After that it was a mostly lonely race with those ahead stopping or spinning before I got to them. The car was great and fastest lap showed that, think I set that early doors too

@Slicker well done on the title @Michel--NL am sure we will have a good race to decide it between us.

luckynumber72

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 4, 2018
Qualy - my first AOR pole position! Set my fastest lap time with a few minutes of the session left and was convinced someone was going to better it. So I was still pushing really hard until the end and actually finished the session pissed off as I was 3 tenths up on my best lap and tapped the barrier on the exit invalidating the lap time. But turns out I had already done enough lol

Race - the less said about that the better. The car felt awful on the formation lap and snap oversteered going onto the downhill hairpin even at like 80mph putting me into the barrier and to the back of the pack plus meant I had to make a lengthy pitstop to repair damage. Came out and did a few quick laps gaining on a few positions as people had issues but with the red mist well and truly in I made a mistake at the bus stop chicane and put the car into the barriers. Limped back to the pits but after another lengthy pitstop which put me a whole lap behind the field was time to call it a night

Need to start from our very deserving champion @Slicker and get some consistency as I threw away the race at Hockenheim and now this one

Anyway well done on the championship @Slicker and lets have one more brilliant race to end what has been a great season - really enjoyed racing in this league!

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Qualy - my first AOR pole position! Set my fastest lap time with a few minutes of the session left and was convinced someone was going to better it. So I was still pushing really hard until the end and actually finished the session pissed off as I was 3 tenths up on my best lap and tapped the barrier on the exit invalidating the lap time. But turns out I had already done enough lol

Race - the less said about that the better. The car felt awful on the formation lap and snap oversteered going onto the downhill hairpin even at like 80mph putting me into the barrier and to the back of the pack plus meant I had to make a lengthy pitstop to repair damage. Came out and did a few quick laps gaining on a few positions as people had issues but with the red mist well and truly in I made a mistake at the bus stop chicane and put the car into the barriers. Limped back to the pits but after another lengthy pitstop which put me a whole lap behind the field was time to call it a night

Need to start from our very deserving champion @Slicker and get some consistency as I threw away the race at Hockenheim and now this one

Anyway well done on the championship @Slicker and lets have one more brilliant race to end what has been a great season - really enjoyed racing in this league!
it's all about controlling the adrenaline ;)

fearmulle

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 29, 2018
answer at 25:35 - sorry, mart ;)

to be fair it's quite a strange one, didn't look like you did anything wrong, @luckynumber72
First i thought that was a classic " touch the curb and youre dead" "stupid game"
but, that one does indeed look very strange. Think his rear slightly slides, but for it to go directly right, seems very unrealistic.
So unless he turns full right and keep it to correct, i cant see its his fault either..

Reactions: Slicker

luckynumber72

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 4, 2018
@Slicker It looks even worst from behind than it did in the car lol

@fearmulle first it snap oversteered and then it literally spat me out right

As soon as I started the formation lap the tyres felt weird like they had no grip despite being hot - hence why i was trying to keep the pace up so i could try my best to figure out what was going on. after I pitted the car was totally different and much better so maybe a glitch