PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Evaluation Race 3 - Thursday 27/09/2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Evaluation Race 3 - Thursday 27/09/2018

wolfgang

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Round 16: Pit in at place 8, Pit out at place 18. Another 2 minutes pit stop. Really crazy.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Just wanted to say thanks. That was my first proper online race. Done about a dozen public lobbies.

My mic didn't work which made things a little more difficult. I also now feel old as I'm so not up to speed on the whole steam and discord social stuff. My steam friends list is empty... though not anymore. Thanks to those who helped get me in, for their patience.

I qualified 10th, probably gave that away to someone on the formation lap, but couldn't quite remember where I was supposed to be. No worries. Survived lap one! Is that a badge? Why not?

Spun it by getting distracted about lap 5 from about 8th. Miss braked for the turn a the bottom of the hill before the right hander uphill and chicane.

Then I got spun once, but it was my fault. Me and the guy behind were being held up by the car in front of me. I knew where I could get him, but on the way there I put my nose in everywhere. Trouble was, the guy behind moved into the space I left open into turn 14 and when I tucked back in... nudge, round we go. I never knew the gravel went that far in the second last corner. Felt like Dakar!

Pitted on lap 6 then hot lapped for a while. Got lapped. That's humbling. Though in fairness they were in my mirrors for a lap or so.

"Blue flag syndrome." You guys up front must see it all the time. I knew he would catch me on the main straight. I moved over, made it obvious which side to go, he responded taking the position.... I forgot to brake. :) Almost got it turned in wide, but got a slap back catching the oversteer and another Dakar trip through the gravel backwards.

Let the next 'leader' through successfully as the under cuts fell behind me. Caught and passed a few people and managed to get 14th.

VR was awesome, but being stuck in the headset for over an hour when even scratching your nose has to wait for the straight is a marathon.

Algarve it's top 10 I promise.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@venquessa if you feel you can’t wear your VR headset for over an hour, you might have set it up too tight.
I have the Rift and have no issues driving 2 or 3 hour stints.
Often people tighten the headset too much. Loosen it up. You can make it a lot more loose than you think!
I did the same mistake in the beginning and so did everyone else I know with the Oculus Rift.
I don’t know which headset you have but This is there first thing to check :)

Reactions: Nila

Fabio_Ribeiro

Pro Karter
Sep 18, 2018
Hello, unfortunately I had a power cut 4 laps in to my race last night, I would really like to be part of season 11. Is there anything that I can do? Thank you

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hello, unfortunately I had a power cut 4 laps in to my race last night, I would really like to be part of season 11. Is there anything that I can do? Thank you
No worries, we will make something happen. Make sure you have done your time trial (I haven’t checked if it’s there).
We will ask you to join a practice race that will serve as evaluation race for you :)

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
@venquessa if you feel you can’t wear your VR headset for over an hour, you might have set it up too tight.
Yea, I did loosen it. It's fine, just a bit intense. Things like scratching your nose or eye requires a bit of juggling on the straight though.

I have managed to keep my eCig and drink in easy reach :D

The worst bit I forgot to mention was my G920 de-centred about half race distance, so I had to drive the rest of the race with the wheel offset by about 30 degrees. I had my fingers on the very bottom of the right gear paddle and very top of the left gear paddle. Only seems to happen when you spin off... so the solution is to not spin off!