Dec 23, 2017

ROUND 10 - Laguna Seca

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday December 12th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 44 laps (43 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.
Both the race and qualifying are in hazy conditions.
16°C AIR / 19°C TRACK
Altitude: 228m - 283m

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 4 November 2018 - 11:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 4 November 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Tmac
@Suomy

Reserves eligible to race (track holds 26):
TBD

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
It has the same amount of corners than the previous race in texas.
Should be the same setup then.
Don't thank me.

Reactions: Lindholdt

Freecss

Junior Karter
Nov 21, 2018
hello everyone!
im new on AOR, I would know if I can participate in this race as a wildcard, I read the rules and I did the registration TT(but theard was closed).

Attachments

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
hello everyone!
im new on AOR, I would know if I can participate in this race as a wildcard, I read the rules and I did the registration TT(but theard was closed).
Hi, no you won't be able to participate, you need to have participated to an evaluation race before entering an official race. (And I think sign up are closed)
However, you can participate in community races. https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/project-cars-community-events.322/
Keep an eye on topics there, there will probably be practice race organized for the laguna race on PC (at least one on tuesday), where you'll be able to participate.

Freecss

Junior Karter
Nov 21, 2018
nice,so if I do the race on Tuesday I will be able to participate in the race on Wednesday right?

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
nice,so if I do the race on Tuesday I will be able to participate in the race on Wednesday right?
That's for coordinators to decide, but as there is only one race left, I doubt that they will let you in the official race :/
Still the practice races on tuesday (and sometimes monday) have a lot of people joining, so it can be fun ;)

Reactions: Lindholdt

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Yea, as @Nagrom said (thanks (y)), signups are closed for the season, which usually means that no new drivers are accepted into any of the league races. The tier 1 championship is still not decided which makes it even more dangerous to take a risk and let anyone new join in.

You are of course, free to join in any of the races/sessions posted on the community events board, there's usually a session hosted at 8pm UK on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (threads may not get posted until that day). The competitiveness (and seriousness) usually ramps up as the days go on (as people get their setups dialled in), so if you are wanting a serious race, then the Tuesday one would likely be best.

There will also, most likely be a 'special' non-championship 'Round 11' event hosted on the 19th, which you are also welcome to join, and should be fun.

Tmac

AOR PCars2 PC GT5 S1 T1 Champion
Aug 31, 2018
@Shooter80 gutted to say I'm not available to race tonight, clients need me to work from 7pm so won't be back until after the race start. Just want to say it's been a great league, really enjoyed it, even if the GT3's aren't my favourite! Massive thanks to the commentators, the streams add so much to it. Been a great challenge! Merry Christmas and holidays to all.

JSR Luke

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2016
Can't race tonight as I have a birthday party to attend. Enjoy the last one guys!

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
Sorry guys not gunna make it. Hot water pipe burst behind my wall in my downstairs bathroom... what a mess.

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
I'll write a more positive summary of my experience in this league later - for now, couldn't race on principal in the end. Several flavours of bull from Jardier - firstly trying to get a restart in his favour that was clearly the most unfair option available then after going to my wife and asking if it's OK I continue, as she needed me by 9:30pm, and her kindly saying she will deal with the errands needing run, I find out Jardier is lying about why he missed the start of the restart (he was too busy bitching to his fans about the restart which wasn't what he wanted and toys were flying).

To coin a well worn Scottish phrase - Utter pish.

Gamisuke

Formula Karter
Feb 11, 2017
Didnt want to speak in the Discord, so i dont mess anyone's concentration. I had major stuttering. As im in VR it was really shitty and couldnt continue. Thats the reason i lost my car and crashed also at the 2nd race. 1st race till the problems show up, was probably my best, having climbed at 4th or 5th idr and having a nice gap behind me. As i mentioned in the 2nd race stuttering was even worse than the 1st one. So yeah..thats sums it up. Hope you all guys enjoy Christmas and New Years Eve. See you in the next season.

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Well what an absolute joke this evening was...
Not happy at all.
Started 10th, running 5th, run into lobby issues. Fine yeah lets restart.
Then we mess about for a good 15 minutes and finally get going.
Jardier misses the ready up, then we must restart again. I am sorry to say but that shouldn't of happened. That was his bad and in the real race first time around that wouldn't of happened. So what is the point in having it apply at one stage of the race evening and not another?
I dont understand the preferential treatment given to certain drivers in AOR. I dont think its fair as Iv seen guys miss the ready up, and just get told, "Tough **** its your mistake!"
That's why I doubt il do next season.
So yet more messing around for a further 5 minutes and finally when we get back racing everyone into Turn 1 forgets how to drive and a massive crash!
This is Tier 1 FFS! TIER 1!!!
Iv seen better driving than that in public lobby's. Why on earth everyone just decided to try and make up as much ground as possible turn 1 I will never know.
I get smashed into and turned around!
Then I get the game telling me my pit box is full, so I drive into it anyway and they just stand there!
Race OVER!
I am fuming with the outcome as I had the opportunity to try for 6th place in the championship. This might not matter to some and may think of it as "its not a championship win so its means nothing". But that is not the point! When you put time and effort into a season for it to end like this is a fucking joke. Im sorry but it is an absolute joke.

Thank you @JKay14, @Nagrom and @Gamisuke for the battles in the actual first race run. Was great. Until the game cut it short!
I may see you next time....but I doubt it, which is a real shame.

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
I'm sorry but I am actually done with the BS that goes on with both pcars and AOR itself. You guys gave @Jardier the restart but when the same thing happened to me in TC you told me that you weren't and it was my mistake so i don't care what the reason is because you set a precedent and you should stick with that. I hope you guys take this as a lesson so that it improves in the future because I don't want anyone else to go through the same cr*p that has gone on in the past year.

Reactions: Def and JKay14

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Was having a great battle with @TM aidtheace and @Nagrom before the lobby ran into issues. A shame, but I guess these things can happen from time to time.

Thanks to @AndrexUK and @Shooter80 for organising the restart in tricky circumstances. I think overall a fair compromise. I know there will always be winners and losers in these scenarios but I think it was the right decision to restart in quali positions.

Disappointed with having to restart the lobby because one driver forgot to ready up, but again, mistakes are made and I can look past that.

Race 2, turn 1 was a bit of a mess wasn't it? Perhaps people were caught out with cold tyres because of having to form up on the restart... but even so, this is meant to be tier 1 and I personally expect a little bit more awareness.

But overall, a fun season. Looking forward to a new car next year. Fingers crossed the Ferrari is allowed back!

Good racing guys. See you next year!

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure this wont be my last reply on this subject, and I'm limited for time, so forgive me if I don't address every comment.

Regarding the 2nd restart, after Jardier hadn't readied up in time.
As I'm sure everyone will be able to remember, after Silverstone (when we restarted for someone who's wheel was not working), there were some discussions and the general consensus was it wasn't worth throwing away a clean transition between qualifying and the race, where everyone is on the grid in the correct positions, and that was the approach that was taken for all subsequent rounds.

From my point of view the main downsides of this were:
  1. It causes a 5-10 min delay
  2. It causes the grid to have to be reformed from the order being read out, which can be pretty chaotic and painful
  3. It causes issues, sometimes severe issues, with tyre temp
When faced with the situation tonight, we didn't have a clean transition from Q to R (due to the session crash), and we were already going to have to reform the grid and deal with the lack of tyre temps, so #2 and #3 were no longer reasons not to restart, and at the instant that I'd considered that, in the spirit of always wanting everyone to be able to race, I thought that taking the hit of #1 alone was a worthwhile price. I believe I'd have made the same call for anyone, but of course, people can only take my word for that (and I can only presume).

Of course, in hindsight, I don't think I'd properly weighted the impact of an additional 5min delay upon all the drivers, for me, I have the luxury of having no concern about the race finishing later, but others do not as they may have things to do immediately afterwards, and for others, in different timezones, its a lot later for them than it is for me, and I'd like to apologise for that, and to thank whoever had the great idea of dropping the number of laps from 30 to 25.

It was a split second call to make, and it seemed substantially different from the previous precedent for it to be a standalone situation, to be judged on its own merits. Everyone is free to contact any of the AOR moderators etc to request they look into this decision.

As a slight aside, in case its not obvious to everyone already, I absolutely hate being involved in decisions like this, and I'm certainly very much inclined to avoid putting myself in a situation in the future where I have to make them.

I'll post more when I've had a chance to think it all through.

Cheers!

EDIT: For anyone suspicious of any possible bias on my side, I only know Jardier from the AOR league race lobbies, but I practice and hang in discord with Leon at various points through most weeks. To have not restarted the lobby would have likely handed Leon the championship, if I were to be unconsciously biased on a personal basis (which I try very hard not to be) then I expect I would have been towards Leon, not Jardier. As anyone who has ever been in any public/testing/practice lobby I've hosted will probably know, I'm always inclined to want to restart to get everyone in, regardless of who it is.