PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 10 - Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 10 - Laguna Seca

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
Had a really good pace during the race wich went 21 to later low 22... if we wouldnt have restarted a second time maybe this pile up wouldnt have happened and i could have still finished in a good position. in addition to that my crew decided to not repair my damage twice!! well anyways thanks for the seasons and see you next year..

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Could it be that the servers are taking a "hit" of you guys doing all the Tiers at the same time? Then these lobby fails happen? Them servers might be a joke

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
To be clear Shooter due to my previous comments - no issues with you and Andrex decisions - it's a hard place to be in and you do your best. PCars2 does it's best to make a sham of any race at times and you cling on and hope for the best ;)

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
Yeah to clear up my comments as well, I do have great respect for the amount of free time you co-ordinators put in but I just wanted the message to be known so we don't keep having these kinds of disagreements and issues happening again and again and again

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
Well that was a eventful last race.. I never got my win I got plagued with lag issues during the last race and the restarted race but still gave it everything to finsh p3 and finshed p3 in the championship.. if you had of said to me at the start of the season U will have 3 poles 5 podiums I would of laughed at you and told you f... off.the racing has been great all season esp everyone in t1 and everyone who does the practice races the level of commitment throu every teir in AOR was great to see made a lot of new friends in the community as well throu this but congrates to @Jardier on your championship and congrates to @LeoNTheSickOne on second and also my team mate @Suomy also got give the best league coordinator @Shooter80 a shout out for doing a great job this season. I'm already looking forward to next season hopefully I can get my win

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Could it be that the servers are taking a "hit" of you guys doing all the Tiers at the same time? Then these lobby fails happen? Them servers might be a joke
There is no server, our lobbies are P2P.

Reactions: JKay14

Gamisuke

Formula Karter
Feb 11, 2017
@RWB Rodders and @TM Touring no disrespect guys and im not attacking you or something. You want to clear things up with @Shooter80 and Andrex. They were the guys who decided to restart again for the second time and not @Jardier. I didnt hear him say it. If you want to clear things up, then it should be all arround clearing and not one sided. They didn't restart for @TM Touring in the past, i understand the frustration, but i dont think Jardier had a gun pointing and saying "restart or else...". **** can happen. TBH i was 4th when the race stopped and i was really dissappointed that i had to start 8th again, but yeah i accepted it. As did Jardier and everyone. @Shooter80 and @AndrexUK i believe you reacted well in all situations. I would have probably done the same.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I know I'm not involved here, but just want to point out one thing. I did exactly the opposite yesterday, one of our T3 guys didn't have a working wheel after the mass disconnect and I decided to go ahead without him. Do you think everyone is happy with that? I don't think we have a coordinator here who makes decisions based on who he likes or doesn't like. We make decisions based on what the rules say and what we think is best for everyone involved. I guess in the end it depends who is your coordinator and how much he wants to please everyone.

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
As @Shooter80 said, this was rather unusual circumstances compared to normal.
The only other thing I would add, was that if ppl miss the start for TECHNICAL reasons, then that will more likely end in a 'Sorry, no restart', as there is nothing to really say why it wouldn't happen again....and again, and continue to delay the start multiple times.
No one was missing the start due to technical reasons (other than brain failure), so there was no reason to believe that they would have issues joining the restart.
So yes, the decision was made to restart, and shorten the race to accommodate the time loss (5 mins).

I'm 100% certain, that WHO it was, made no influence on any decision! (most certainly not mine! I take pride in going out of my way to try to make everything as fair as possible for everyone!) And I would advise the same thing for ANYONE in the same situation!
We want ppl racing!, and if there is nothing to suggest a restart would cause problems, then I'd much rather have the extra driver on the track.

Also, at no point did Jardier ask for the restart after he missed it (although he did try to influence how the 1st restart should happen, but this was ignored (again to prove no bias)

Again, in the interests of time, the decision was made at very short notice, and in events like this, there was never going to be an answer that suited everyone!
We have to try and choose the best option for as many people as possible, from what are essentially, only bad options.

I feel each decision was the correct one in my opinion.
But I would welcome anyone to devote their own time and become a CoD and have a go at coordinating!

Lets not forget, this was a situation that was forced on all of us. So please don't have this final race be the one that defined the full season for everyone!
It was a far from ideal end to a rather thrilling championship, but still, we had a race right to the end!

Thank you all for providing some fantastic racing this season!
And thank you @Shooter80 for running the show! great job imo!
And to @FisiFan91 / @Yorkie065 / @King-kodiak for covering the season!

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
As @Shooter80 said, this was rather unusual circumstances compared to normal.
The only other thing I would add, was that if ppl miss the start for TECHNICAL reasons, then that will more likely end in a 'Sorry, no restart', as there is nothing to really say why it wouldn't happen again....and again, and continue to delay the start multiple times.
No one was missing the start due to technical reasons (other than brain failure), so there was no reason to believe that they would have issues joining the restart.
So yes, the decision was made to restart, and shorten the race to accommodate the time loss (5 mins).

I'm 100% certain, that WHO it was, made no influence on any decision! (most certainly not mine! I take pride in going out of my way to try to make everything as fair as possible for everyone!) And I would advise the same thing for ANYONE in the same situation!
We want ppl racing!, and if there is nothing to suggest a restart would cause problems, then I'd much rather have the extra driver on the track.

Also, at no point did Jardier ask for the restart after he missed it (although he did try to influence how the 1st restart should happen, but this was ignored (again to prove no bias)

Again, in the interests of time, the decision was made at very short notice, and in events like this, there was never going to be an answer that suited everyone!
We have to try and choose the best option for as many people as possible, from what are essentially, only bad options.

I feel each decision was the correct one in my opinion.
But I would welcome anyone to devote their own time and become a CoD and have a go at coordinating!

Lets not forget, this was a situation that was forced on all of us. So please don't have this final race be the one that defined the full season for everyone!
It was a far from ideal end to a rather thrilling championship, but still, we had a race right to the end!

Thank you all for providing some fantastic racing this season!
And thank you @Shooter80 for running the show! great job imo!
And to @FisiFan91 / @Yorkie065 / @King-kodiak for covering the season!
Amen.

Reactions: dalking38

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
I would like to thanks for amazing and top competition this season because you guys are just pushing everybody and me more and more to the limit and I really enjoy racing with you guys!

Specially I would like to thank to @LeoNTheSickOne and @dalking38 for absolute fair play and amazing racing all season long (also sorry if I ever said something that didnt sound right, apologies really for that you know I respect you both insanely) and of course for all other drivers like @CJBMX702 @Suomy @Beniszili @Villalobos @dakuza @ScottV and others! :)

Big thanks to @Mr. Van Ommen for patience with me with my bad practice schedule - hopefully next seasons you will have less work and more luck and more help from me :)

And of course the most thumbs up to the whole AOR and specially to the @King-kodiak @Yorkie065 @FisiFan91 and @Shooter80 for doing what awesome they are doing so we can race like we do :)

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
@RWB Rodders and @TM Touring no disrespect guys and im not attacking you or something. You want to clear things up with @Shooter80 and Andrex. They were the guys who decided to restart again for the second time and not @Jardier. I didnt hear him say it. If you want to clear things up, then it should be all arround clearing and not one sided. They didn't restart for @TM Touring in the past, i understand the frustration, but i dont think Jardier had a gun pointing and saying "restart or else...". **** can happen. TBH i was 4th when the race stopped and i was really dissappointed that i had to start 8th again, but yeah i accepted it. As did Jardier and everyone. @Shooter80 and @AndrexUK i believe you reacted well in all situations. I would have probably done the same.
Yeah already did in a subsequent post Gami when I realised it sounded like I blamed Shooter or Andrex for the restart and that's why I was upset. Zero issue with what they done in fact I tried my best to help them get on with it when the hoard descended with their opinions :)

• Friendly
Reactions: AndrexUK

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
I personally think it needs writing into the rules then.
It needs either writing that
"If you miss the start tough luck"
Or
"If you miss the start, the whole lobby restarts"
Its as simple as that. Then its plain and simple in black and white for everyone to see.
Iv seen it happen to multiple guys saying you missed it by your own accord so tough luck.
Thats all im saying.
Im not attacking anyone. Or saying anyone did a bad job.
Im saying it needs clarifying to make sure this sort if thing doesnt happen again.
As for actual attacks on Jardier for no reason I dont agree with.
Also i would like to say to Shooter that you did a great job as coordinator as i said earlier this season to you.
I hope that everyone sees that im not attacking anyone and am trying to suggest this to make the series better should this occur again.
Thanks everyone for a good challenging season.
And congrats to Jardier, Leon and Dalking on the top 3 in the championship.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I personally think it needs writing into the rules then.
It needs either writing that
"If you miss the start tough luck"
Or
"If you miss the start, the whole lobby restarts"
Its as simple as that. Then its plain and simple in black and white for everyone to see.
Iv seen it happen to multiple guys saying you missed it by your own accord so tough luck.
Thats all im saying.
Im not attacking anyone. Or saying anyone did a bad job.
Im saying it needs clarifying to make sure this sort if thing doesnt happen again.
As for actual attacks on Jardier for no reason I dont agree with.
Also i would like to say to Shooter that you did a great job as coordinator as i said earlier this season to you.
I hope that everyone sees that im not attacking anyone and am trying to suggest this to make the series better should this occur again.
Thanks everyone for a good challenging season.
And congrats to Jardier, Leon and Dalking on the top 3 in the championship.
It is in league information. So I guess the problem is that some of AOR coordinators are trying to be nice :)
Disconnection Guidelines

● Disconnections
If a driver loses connection during qualifying, they will be invited back into the lobby or may join on their own to continue from where they left off.

If a driver loses connection in the transition from qualifying to race, or during the race, that is tough luck, and unfortunately nothing can be done about that.

We do our best to ensure that the best available connection in the lobby acts as the lobby host, so any connection issues are normally a result of a fault on the disconnecting driver's end. Please ensure that your internet connection is fine, and that your NAT type is open, before entering the race lobby.

If you still encounter issues with a particular host, let your coordinator know.

• Happy
Reactions: Filipo Rey

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
All good things must come to an end.

Great season with only few small hiccups that were handled well by our coordinator @Shooter80 and rest of the AOR volunteers!

The less said about my race here the better so let's move to on to the rest of the season as a whole.
When starting the season I would have never expected to finish in the top 10 with all you aliens so being 7th tied in points with 6th place is unbelievable. I guess finishing consistently with only few crashes races pays off. Thanks to every racer for making this a great season and especially my trusty team mate @Lusti for helping with the M6 beast when I had problems with the car setup. Lowdown Motorsport best M6 team in AOR! :LOL:

Congrats to @Jardier for the championship and @LeoNTheSickOne and @dalking38 for their incredible pace and great battles at the top. Lastly I just have to congratulate @ScottV on his excellent taste in cars and showing what the Boat can actually do, just incredible how you could make that thing handle!

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Not wanting to go too much back into the discussion about the restart; but firstly, thanks to everyone who gave their support and/or understanding. Its certainly unfortunate that situations like that can't please everyone all the time, although I always tried to hope it was possible.

To anyone still displeased by the way things went, I'd like to suggest that they try to avoid judging AOR as a whole on it, or accepting this is "the way things are" or anything. Season 11 was what it was (certainly more good than bad imo), and what has been done cannot be undone, but the future isn't written, To me one of the best things about AOR, and the people who actually run it, is their eternal willingness to listen and adjust/improve things to make it even better. I'm sure they will take everyone's input into account, so please keep it coming.

On that note, the official feedback thread is open, everyone's opinion is valued, so feel free to post about this, or any other relevant subject there:
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/s11-feedback-thread.50638/

Or, of course, do feel free to contact @Stephan or @Marvin via pm, if you would rather not make your thoughts public.

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Getting back to the race, I find myself in the unusual situation of not having any excuses to present. I really enjoyed the track, I had the car in the exact place I wanted it (setup was very similar to my Algarve setup I'd liked), and I'd got my new rig sorted nicely since last week, which I think helps quite a bit (turns out the wheelbase moving around when driving is really quite bad for fine car control :rolleyes:).

I qualified an unusually good 14th, and between both races, I was happy with my pace, had some fun battles, had no spins, and got no damage (although I do admit, I was a little concerned as I was getting passed into the corkscrew on race1/lap1, but all good racing).

Got 10th in the end, which is humbling in some ways that I can have a 'perfect' (for me) drive and still not be in the single digits, but I'm really happy with it, even if I did benefit a little from the accident at the restart.

The racing season as a whole, has been awesome, I was never really supposed to be in Tier 1 until they needed a coordinator, and I felt I was out my depth at a few races, but I'd wanted the biggest PC2 challenge there was, and I got that. I think it really encouraged me to improve (and spend :whistle:) as much as I could and two top 10 finishes are as good or better than I could have hoped for, and as good as wins for me.

I'm also very happy, and relieved to have made it my 3rd straight season without getting a penalty from the stewards, taking someone out, or having to apologise for my driving. Doing multi-class racing in AC before PC2 seems to have taught me some sweet getting-overtaken skills that came in handy a few times, especially that first lap at Spa.

The coordinating side has certainly had its ups and down, but I certainly tried my best, so I can be proud of that at least.

Congratulations to the ever impressive @Jardier for his 3rd title in a row, to @LeoNTheSickOne for taking it right to the wire despite that DNF in Algarve, and to @dalking38 for being every bit as fast as them, and putting on such a great show.

Thanks of course to the commentary team and everyone at AOR for organising such a great season, the part I play in all of it is comparatively very small, there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to keep everything running as well as it does, and also thanks to everyone I shared any of the track with for some truly tier 1 racing.

It doesn't have to be over though, as there is still the 'round 11' event scheduled for next Wednesday (sadly at the same time as the Tier2 re-run of round 10), would be really cool if any of you could make it, two short 30min sprints should be fun:
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-round-11-non-championship-algarve-spa-francorchamps-wednesday-19-12-18-8pm-uk-ferrari-488-welcome.50412/#post-699459