Dec 23, 2017

ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 17th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center.
..//..expect only overcast conditions for the race - with no chance of rain throughout. Qualifying is set to be clear..//..
● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 8 April 2018 - 13:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 8 April 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Tragic Bronson

Last edited:

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
I hope that what I have heard about this evening's race will not happen tomorrow. Because if I were like that (that the car is totally different from the tests) I will not do more races on pcars until it is updated. it is absurd that after 13 months there are still these types of bugs. with "ideal" temperatures this problem was less. If with low temperatures it is not so, it would be really ridiculous. I would like to hear what they have to say who participated

@dalking38 @marley 57 @Zenvoh ecc @Villalobos @Adalexis ecc

Reactions: Villalobos

Beau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 20, 2017
@DiHeidi car felt fine for me today in the practice race, exactly the same as the other practice sessions that ive done this week

Reactions: DiHeidi

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
@DiHeidi car felt fine for me today in the practice race, exactly the same as the other practice sessions that ive done this week
happy to hear this. were you on soft or hard? I know the problems had them who were on hard

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
Yea this race was totally different I turned up late I'm in the 1.59 to 2.00 normally tonight was doing 2.01.5 and 2.02.0 lol wtf @DiHeidi

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
Yea this race was totally different I turned up late I'm in the 1.59 to 2.00 normally tonight was doing 2.01.5 and 2.02.0 lol wtf @DiHeidi
so its true.also with this temperature the game dont work right.

in the wet, this difference between the lobby and the lobby was known, the fault of the legendary "live track 3.0". but if the track conditions must always be random, it does not make sense. This live track 3.0 works really bad, but it must have been the workhorse of SMS. With ideal temperatures as in the previous season the problems were decidedly less (but I remember for example the first 10/15 laps on catalunya, car very difficult to drive). But so it is absurd

Reactions: dalking38

marley 57

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 20, 2017
In my experience @DiHeidi there will always be differences in grip levels between races with identical conditions. Tbh I've kinda accepted it as conditions seem to be the same for all of us. One thing that I, and others, have noticed is higher numbers of cars on the grid will result in less grip on the track so I approach the track accordingly.

Tonight was a write off for me as I was testing the hard tires, which didn't go well at all lol.

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
In my experience @DiHeidi there will always be differences in grip levels between races with identical conditions. Tbh I've kinda accepted it as conditions seem to be the same for all of us. One thing that I, and others, have noticed is higher numbers of cars on the grid will result in less grip on the track so I approach the track accordingly.

Tonight was a write off for me as I was testing the hard tires, which didn't go well at all lol.
that the number of cars affects the track I know I know, in fact I accept it, it is a real thing (although it must be said that with 30 cars driven by 'IA is different from 30 cars driven by player) but for this reason with temperatures low and with many more cars on the track should be better. but it seems that it was exactly the opposite.
I hope there will be no problems tomorrow

dalking38

Mar 21, 2018
I did Sunday and Monday practice AOR races first 1 had 25 players and the second race had 30 and my setup was fine 2.00 lap times but the race to night the track was totally different.. yea I hope the track ain't like it was 2 night

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
The practice tonight felt fine to me. I've always considered that not all sessions are equal, like some start with (made up numbers) 85% grip and improve, some with 90% and some with 95%. It also seems that the more cars in the lobby, the more likely it starts at a lower grip level.

AC works in a similar way, except its visible to the drivers, and configurable within the server.

For the beginning of the race, my pace with the setup I used, on softs, was probably 0.7 a sec below the fastest lobby I've been in, but I had no major problems. I do understand though, that that 0.7 sec on softs, could easily be >1.0 sec on hards, and could drag them below their 'working' temp range turning that ~1 sec loss into 2 or 3.

It is a real shame that nobody can find out how the lobby is until we start racing. But I also feel that its 'the same for everyone' so while its unfortunate, its at least 'fair'.

I'm running one set of softs, for the whole race, seems the safest option.

Last edited:

dalking38

Mar 21, 2018
Yea teir 2 had the exact same conditions 2 night I just hope the conditions ain't like this tomorrow lol

DiHeidi

Jan 14, 2017
The practice tonight felt fine to me. I've always considered that not all sessions are equal, like some start with (made up numbers) 85% grip and improve, some with 90% and some with 95%. It also seems that the more cars in the lobby, the more likely it starts at a lower grip level.

AC works in a similar way, except its visible to the drivers, and configurable within the server.

For the beginning of the race, my pace with the setup I used, on softs, was probably 0.7 a sec below the fastest lobby I've been in, but I had no major problems. I do understand though, that that 0.7 sec on softs, could easily be >1.0 sec on hards, and could drag them below their 'working' temp range turning that ~1 sec loss into 2 or 3.

It is a real shame that nobody can find out how the lobby is until we start racing. But I also feel that its 'the same for everyone' so while its unfortunate, its at least 'fair'.

I'm running one set of softs, for the whole race, seems the safest option.
yeah,i agree,but live track 3.0 is a little bit random,on ac is "mathematical".
and with more cars the track should be better but it doesnt seem like that. however I cross my fingers for tomorrow.

Gamisuke

Formula Karter
Feb 11, 2017
@DiHeidi , @dalking38 i had the same problem yesterday. Online lobby with Dalking83 and my car was really undrivable, though i had the same setup i did on solo practice. I was spinning all the time and my laptimes were 2:02+. Just couldnt go any faster. This "bug" is kinda frustrating.

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
The "bug" can be frustrating yeah, it really depends on cars.. Tyre burning cars yesterday did a good race, even with not so fast pace. For me and @Villalobos with the lighter Z4, was really impossible to drive, right side was totally iced. Switched to softs then, but our setup didn't work for softs obviously.
I can live with those problems, but the annoying thing is we can't pratice solo with right conditions and build a proper setup.

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
For a while now I've always tried to do race practice in an MP session. Even then could be diff in the actual race lobby. I had about half the FFB on Algarve race night that I had in my own MP practice sessions. Car was about as quick, just harder to control due to gimped FFB so you tend not to hit the lap times you can consistently.

Must admit I rarely notice any diff from qualy to race that isn't explained by differing conditions but going from one lobby to another there are often differences. Just have to hope at least everyone is affected the same in that particular lobby.

And PCars2 still has issues with loading the correct tune. Always has done. If you have loads of tunes for your chosen car the risk seems to go up which is why I only keep one tune per car now and just tweak it per track.