PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3 - Nürburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3 - Nürburgring Combined

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017

ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 24th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Race: 11 laps (11 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.
The race will start with medium cloud, seeing 2 transitions: to clear and then back to medium cloud. No qualifying weather for this race, due to there being no qualifying.
● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 22 April 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@DiHeidi
@Tragic Bronson
@marley 57
@Cleeuwn
@Murphy

Last edited:
  • Scared
Reactions: Zenvoh

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
After thinking about last night with the restarting of the lobby I would not like to restart the lobby in future races trying to get every one in position people going ahead because they didn't load there setup and the lobby settings was not rite plus doing 2 formation laps lost all heat in my tyres because I was on Hards and it gave all the soft runners a advantage plus tyre wear on authentic only helped them more if we had not restarted none of this would of happened I understand everyone practices I put a lot of time in during the week and if I disconnected I would not want everyone to restart because of how much it complicates things for everyone else this just my Personal opinion

Reactions: JKay14

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
@dalking38 I understand your position on this, you certainly are not the only one to have a similar opinion. At the time I asked for objections, and didn't get any. Next time I'll know there's no point in asking, as I have a number of objections to it happening again in the future already.

Ideally there won't be any other issues that would even cause it to be considered, but regardless. If people object then we can't restart the lobby for less than 4 disconnections. So it makes it more straightforward in future if nothing else. I just hope that no-one will need to miss out on racing. Perhaps we can come up with something to decrease the chances of that.

There is a bit of a discussion going on about this on the internal AOR boards, I'll let everyone know if anything new comes out of them.

I always want to improve in anything I do, especially after things went wrong. I'll certainly try my best to make sure that everything works better, smoother, and more correctly in the future.

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
@dalking38 I understand your position on this, you certainly are not the only one to have a similar opinion. At the time I asked for objections, and didn't get any. Next time I'll know there's no point in asking, as I have a number of objections to it happening again in the future already.

Ideally there won't be any other issues that would even cause it to be considered, but regardless. If people object then we can't restart the lobby for less than 4 disconnections. So it makes it more straightforward in future if nothing else. I just hope that no-one will need to miss out on racing. Perhaps we can come up with something to decrease the chances of that.

There is a bit of a discussion going on about this on the internal AOR boards, I'll let everyone know if anything new comes out of them.

I always want to improve in anything I do, especially after things went wrong. I'll certainly try my best to make sure that everything works better, smoother, and more correctly in the future.
I was one who wanted to get van omen back in but after experiencing the restart I would strongly advise against restarting the lobby

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I was one who wanted to get van omen back in but after experiencing the restart I would strongly advise against restarting the lobby
Yea, I think we all pictured it going more smoothly than it did in the end, I'm certain you aren't the only one who's opinion has changed on these situations after the last race.

Nurburgring does put us in an 'interesting' situation though. Since we need to repeat the whole 'reform the grid' thing here to get everyone into the reverse championship order. And we will have an even shorter run from being stationary (likely before T3) to forming up (before T8) and starting racing (before T10) I don't expect there will be any (or at least not as much) tyre disparity this time. But either way, at least everyone will know that its going to happen in advance.

1539863448142.png

There will be some details about the exact procedure in the driver briefing, and possibly a change in how the grid order is read out, because we need it to work a lot better than it did last race. I'll also be looking to practice the start procedure in any practice races I host. So there is every reason to expect it to go much better.

I'll confirm the above details as soon as possible.

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
Ive had to run getting manually into race start position a few times. For what it’s worth here’s what I learned works.

Be really clear who is calling the race positions and everyone else shuts up. Whomever is in control is in control and everyone else just listens and follows instructions.

When the lights go green everyone moves, in their current grid position, into single file on the left or right of the track and moves with pit limiter on (to avoid any no progress countdowns but minimal travel around the track). Then race position dude calls out names and they move out in front and form up single file.

From there normal form up and acceleration zone procedure applies and off we go.

So long as one person is controlling it and everyone else just listens (the hard part lol) ,it’s fine.

Ideally someone not racing calls out the names. They don’t need to be in game, just know when to start calling names.

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Just throwing it in here, but has there been any concluding thought about getting a little practice session going on to avoid any wheel issues? xD If we just go into the race I'm sure there will be issues, and yes, I am obviously advocating for this as for me it seems to be a coinflip this season. ^^ Pretty sure I'm not the only one though.

Reactions: JKay14

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
This, and some other ideas were discussed quite a lot in the last week on the internal boards.

The consensus at the end was that there is a chance that having a practice session could cause more problems (with people disconnecting transitioning), and even despite that, the practice session would end up being around 15mins long (even if set to 5mins), due to the crazy long countdown timer at this track, the last 13mins of which people couldn't connect, and the actual race wouldn't start till about 8:20, which for a 1.5 hour long race would be too late.

There is also hope that the problems people have don't happen when going straight onto the grid, but I guess we will only know that by trying it. Ideally you could load in for tonight and/or tomorrow practice race, to see if you get any problems, hopefully it just works.

Other suggestions were starting a practice lobby, but quitting out of it to create the race lobby (so we don't have to wait the whole 10min countdown), but I figure that's just the same in practice as someone just making sure to join any random lobby to check their wheel before the actual race lobby, so not planning on trying that at the moment.

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
This, and some other ideas were discussed quite a lot in the last week on the internal boards.

The consensus at the end was that there is a chance that having a practice session could cause more problems (with people disconnecting transitioning), and even despite that, the practice session would end up being around 15mins long (even if set to 5mins), due to the crazy long countdown timer at this track, so the actual race wouldn't start till about 8:20, which for a 1.5 hour long race would be too late.

There is also hope that the problems people have don't happen when going straight onto the grid, but I guess we will only know that by trying it. Ideally you could load in for tonight and/or tomorrow practice race, to see if you get any problems, hopefully it just works.

Other suggestions were starting a practice lobby, but quitting out of it to create the race lobby (so we don't have to wait the whole 10min countdown), but I figure that's just the same in practice as someone just making sure to join any random lobby to check their wheel before the actual race lobby, so not planning on trying that at the moment.
Agreed, that last point indeed seems not of too much value as I have the exact same coming from a practice lobby jumping into the racelobby. It works in practice, just stops working when I join the racelobby. Well, fingers crossed I guess.

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Just to clarify some things before the race tonight:

• Lobby will not be restarted unless there are more than 4 cars disconnected or having issues - (this is due to feedback received after the last round, and in the case of any objections, it falls back to the '4 car' rule, objections have been made in-advance)
  • The starting order (after removing drivers not attending) is:
1540400320886.png

• At the start of the race, everyone (except the driver reading out the positions*) are to stay on the grid, and wait for their name to be called
  • Drivers are to reform the grid, in the order that their name is called, and wait before turn 3 (map below)
  • Once everyone (including the driver reading out the positions) is in order the rolling start begins
  • Odds on the right (the turn 10 kink is considered the first corner of the race)
  • Deviations from the correct starting procedure may be reported to the stewards

*Hopefully we can get someone not racing to read out the names, to speed up the start process. Will confirm closer to the time.

Tagging starting drivers (if you are tagged, and not planning to attend, please let me know so I can amend the starting order)
@JKay14 @ZAL @Tejpek @John_Beauregard @Murphy @Shooter80 @Gamisuke @Tudesertpac @Lusti @Speeddmon91 @dakuza @RWB Rodders @Beau @Mr. Van Ommen @Tmac @ScottV @Adalexis @Suomy @TM aidtheace @LeoNTheSickOne @Beniszili @Villalobos @dalking38 @TX3 Zenvoh @Jardier

Last edited:

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
Can’t make it tonight, have coursework to get finished for tomorrow and would rather miss a race than fail an assessment.

• Informative
Reactions: Shooter80

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
This will be interesting, Nordschleife is the biggest challenge in motorsport IMO! Will be a battle of preparation and knowing the track, but even more importantly a battle of concentration and keeping focused. Respect to anyone who manages 90 minutes of that! Good luck everyone :eek:

PS: Please try to wait with crashing until we watch you on the broadcast ;)

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
Yup - gonna be mental. But damn I'm excited. Pretty much anything could happen tonight but I sincerely hope we avoid a lap 1 pile-up.

Best of luck everyone! It's gonna be one hell of a ride :D

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
All aboard the dakuza train!
Please be advised that overtaking is allowed only on Döttinger Höhe straight. Each scenic lap will take approximately 8 minutes and 30 seconds. No cursing allowed.

Reactions: Stephan