PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3 - Nürburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 3 - Nürburgring Combined

Gamisuke

Formula Karter
Feb 11, 2017
welp....really dissapointed about the outcome. Not only for my race, but as well as the people that were "collateral" damage. About the incident in the end of lap 1 with @ZAL, in my point of view i had the a good run down the straight and good race line. ZAL could have backed up a little as to ride the kurb in that turn would surely unstabilize the car OR i am wrong and i should have been the one backing up, thats also an option. I took the "risk" to go for it cause i was feeling safe with the clean line i had. Ended as everybody saw sadly. If i am wrong and have misjudged, then i really need to apologize to everyone that was damaged in this incident.

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Great race guys. Apologies for any confusion at the start but my plan was to always bolt as soon as I hit the acceleration zone. It was only after I was half way down the straight I heard people saying there was a lag spike of some sort.

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Great race guys. Apologies for any confusion at the start but my plan was to always bolt as soon as I hit the acceleration zone. It was only after I was half way down the straight I heard people saying there was a lag spike of some sort.
My understanding of the rules, and after trying to imagine what would have happened if we tried anything different, I'd say you did the right thing.

The incident happened behind you, a green lambo teleported off the track at the last apex, then back onto the track, into another car, really sucks for all involved, but no fault to you in my opinion.

Reactions: JKay14

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Great race! Very nice respect from faster drivers waiting to pass my granny-paced M6.

Too bad I couldn't completely avoid a crash happening ahead of me on lap 2 and got significant aero damage. Pitted to refuel and repair but didn't have room to add all the fuel needed. Carried on anyway and had some great battles. Was fighting for 5th when I had to start fuel saving and drive on lean for the rest of the race. Still great result and some nice battles!

Reactions: JKay14

ZAL

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Feb 14, 2018
welp....really dissapointed about the outcome. Not only for my race, but as well as the people that were "collateral" damage. About the incident in the end of lap 1 with @ZAL, in my point of view i had the a good run down the straight and good race line. ZAL could have backed up a little as to ride the kurb in that turn would surely unstabilize the car OR i am wrong and i should have been the one backing up, thats also an option. I took the "risk" to go for it cause i was feeling safe with the clean line i had. Ended as everybody saw sadly. If i am wrong and have misjudged, then i really need to apologize to everyone that was damaged in this incident.
I'm going to put that one on me, and say it my fault 100%. I risked following you into that corner, as I thought you would slow down. And since I bumped into your car it was mine so. So sorry for ruining your race man, and all the others who got caught up in it as well. I feel really bad about it.

Reactions: Gamisuke

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Shitty steering wheel/system/game I got. Guess its fun I know how to drive the track now :cry:
Were you the chap who’s wheel didn’t work when we spawned in? If so, I have a similar issue on my PC and so do a few of my friends. I always get into a habit of checking in private testing to make sure the wheel is working. I think it’s something wrong with the game. It doesn’t happen in AC.

Tmac

AOR PCars2 PC GT5 S1 T1 Champion
Aug 31, 2018
Ah still gutted about last night. Felt good in practice, hopeful of getting possibly best result of the season, sadly car was written off by an unavoidable collision with the flying @ScottV landing on me.

Onwards and upwards to the next one!

Reactions: Shooter80

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
I was really looking forward for premiere race on Nordschleife in PC2 but I had really not expectations - because thx to even slight damage in PC2 your race can be over really quickly.
After the madness start (I was kinda pissed because there was a lot of mistakes from people at the start which really made a lot problems) I was trying to be as carefull as possible - avoided rolling over Villa who landed on Zenv roof.. o_O:censored:

And other wheels and body parts on track later I did slight mistake in second karussel and made 4 dmg on the car but still pushing easy forward not risking any more damage.
After I pitted I had clean air with just Dalking and Leon infront and I was doing all I could to at least make it P1-P2 finish for ACR because Leon was only one allowed to beat me on my favorite track! :D

In the end to my surprise everything worked and Leon got his well deserved win and we got top two positions for our team and pay our respects to Ommens pc :p:poop:

Congratz to all who survived (y)(y)(y) And thanks AOR for choosing the best track in the world for most interesting race of the season :devilish:

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
lol me too Leon - never really got a handle on it until now and really enjoyed the race. It was quite simply a hell of a ride from start to finish with a bit of everything going for it.

Was disappointed as I was in 3rd and set for maybe 5th or 6th place by the end but got punted into a barrier just before the Nordshleife starts (entire lap with broken suspension and 18 front wing damage) but overall it was just a hell of a buzz taking part.

Anyway now you've ran Nordshleife, I think it's only right you run Bannochbrae now :) (if only it had more grid slots - sob).

Reactions: aidtheace

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
no blies no new tracks >.< Already got to learn the worst track of the season ocshcslcebhelkbhesbheen

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Thank you AOR for forcing me in to learning a track that i dont want to learn. Have been waiting for a reason to learn this track. Finally i can race here in the future :ROFLMAO:
The above sentiment sums up my opinion of this race looking back perfectly. Was a learning experience for sure.

Out of 2 and a bit seasons of AOR, I've never had such little prep-time for a track, was busy all weekend, and mostly busy during the start of the week, and what a track to be unprepared for....I'd only just about managed to learn the track (with the racing line off) the night before the race, and I was really concerned that I'd cause a mass pile-up. Handily I have some solid experience of bouncing the M6 off a barrier while maintaining just enough control, so I escaped that one.

Start of the race I was up to 3rd after but I was ill-prepared for how bad the tyres were after the start/formation, trying to be safe, I lifted into the double right at the top of the hill (Flugplatz?), but I lifted too much, the rear stepped out, and to stop it from spinning I had to let it run into the barrier on the left. I glanced down at my damage, and thought "yea, only 2 front aero, that's not bad"....unfortunately I hadn't noticed my rear left suspension damage, which became all too evident when I got to the next fast corner at Schwedenkreuz and I went off again :rolleyes:.

Still, I'd managed not to become a big yellow bowling ball, so I just concentrated on trying to let all the non-damaged cars past while doing 3 long, slow laps with a badly damaged car. By the time I got into the pits, my mechanics had near on assembled an entire car around my seat (which took long enough for me to have a smoke :)) I'd accepted that I was coming last no matter what.

After not finishing Silverstone last week, I was determined to make it to the end of the race, and since all I needed was to be within 500 seconds of the lead car, I just had a nice, chilled, sightseeing tour till the end of the race (with a second pitstop along the way :oops:).

Probably my worst performance in AOR, but it was a fun track, I didn't end up apologising to anyone after the race, I didn't get lapped (was last though), and I got some points, so it could certainly have been worse.

Congrats to @LeoNTheSickOne for the win, to @Jardier for somehow making it to 2nd from last, and to @dalking38 for a certainly well earned 3rd.

Big thanks to @TM aidtheace for reading out the starting order, and organising the start of the race (couldn't have went better imo), to @FisiFan91 and @Yorkie065 for the stream and commentary, and to all involved at AOR for organising the league.

I think every track will feel easy after the 'ring, racing won't quite ever be the same again.

Cheers!

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
"(couldn't have went better imo)"

I would argue you on that point tho, i think the start could have gone way better :ROFLMAO:

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
"(couldn't have went better imo)"

I would argue you on that point tho, i think the start could have gone way better :ROFLMAO:
Yea, indeed, I was choosing to ignore the lag-teleport-crash at the final corner before the acceleration zone, as that was more just bad luck than it was a procedural/execution issue. But hey...I made up two places with that :D

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
Ah still gutted about last night. Felt good in practice, hopeful of getting possibly best result of the season, sadly car was written off by an unavoidable collision with the flying @ScottV landing on me.

Onwards and upwards to the next one!
Sorry about that pal. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: dakuza