PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 8 - Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017

ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 28th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Race: 39 laps (38 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.
dry race; beginning heavy cloud before a transition to overcast.
17°C AIR / 30°C TRACK

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 9 September 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Mr. Van Ommen

Reserves current eligible to race:
All of them

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Hi @Shooter80 . With pain in my heart I have to resign from this race as I have to travel to Kuwait (of all places) for work next week. (n) Will be watching this from the sideline if the internet connection will allow that. o_O

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
How's the reverse grid being handled this time round? Looking at the number of people at the bottom of the championship who haven't bothered to turn up for multiple races is awful! Are they seriously being put at the front next race? Or do you need to do a certain number of races to be eligible for the swap @Shooter80 ?

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
The way it is currently, (which was a direct result of the feedback from last season where people complained the reverse grid races are not actual reverse grid races) is the same as Nurburgring, where the starting order is basically the championship table reversed, the only part where any form of sorting takes place is when driver are on 0 points, when attendance etc is taken into account.

There are some discussions going on in the internal boards about the exact details, and I'll let you all know if anything comes out of that, but I'd consider it very likely that it will stay as-is.

Reactions: dakuza and JKay14

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Provisional grid order:

1543362926543.png

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Just to make sure, I'm in Kuwait for work and won't be able to join tonight. Have fun guys, I'll try to watch it.

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
My wheel menu centre spring was active and fine pre-race but when the race started it didn't switch to car FFB and I had no steering. Tried everything to get it to switch over but say there like a dick staring at me. I've never had that happen before and TBH almost done with PCars2 completely. Sick of the now almost constant micro lag for pretty much every player regardless of latency and **** like this (cars are rarely where you actually think they are). Just not worth the effort to get ready for races like this. 2 races in a row ruined by game bugs and I really wanted to finish every race.

I'll go lick my wounds and decide whether I'm going to continue.

Gamisuke

Formula Karter
Feb 11, 2017
Another strange i'd rather say race for me. Idk if that happens to others too, but its not the first time my car feels competely different from what i practiced. It was really annoying fighting the car to just make a turn (can say every turn). Ofc the bad happened and not once, not twice, 3 times for sure.Had so much damage i had to pit every time. Retired cause i was losing my patience and im glad i didnt collect anyone on my drifts. Sorry i left the lobby, was made out of frustration.

Congrats to everyone finishing the race:)

Last edited:

Villalobos

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 4, 2017
in the last 2 races two inevitable accidents with two lamborghini that spun in front of me. So annoying :mad:

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016
Had some great racing with alot of guys last night including @Beau, @ZAL, @Tudesertpac, @Tmac, @Suomy, @dakuza in particular.
@Nagrom! Two wide into Eau Rouge! :eek:
Sorry if I pushed you wide but I think we both had understeer but was brave from the both of us! So fair play dude! (y)
Great racing though with everyone on my end.
Was up to 4th at about the half way stage and then had a screen freeze costing me 30 seconds and damage into No Name Corner.
Then pitted and came out 11th and had another screen freeze going into Pouhon on the penultimate lap costing another 10 seconds! very Very frustrating as I could of had maybe a Top 5 finish or at least Top 7 without those issues.
But either way I had fun battling the whole race.
Well done to everyone who finished. Lets hope we have a bigger turn out for the final two rounds as only starting with 21 in Elite was a bit of a bummer!
Onto Texas Road Course!! :oops::ROFLMAO:

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Yeah interesting race on my side as well. For some reason the track felt a lot more slippery than in my 1h practice, leading to a few mistakes at the beginning of the race, including 7 left front suspension damage.
I had a lot of trouble following cars in the dirty air in raidillon and blanchimont.

@TM aidtheace Yeah you gave me a little tap that made me run wide, but not a big deal, I was expecting it anyway, going side by side here ;).
The game gave me a slow down, but I didn't obey as I felt it was not my fault for going wide. Anyway, the warning disappeared on the straight, so no harm done.

I hoped to catch some guys battling 6 sec ahead of me in the last laps, but I wasn't fast enough ^^

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
I’m gutted my car decided to flip at the top of Eau Rouge as I had really good pace! Had to put for repairs and then spend 10 laps fuel saving. Disappointed with the smallish grid again. Roll on next Wednesday!

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Was a really fun race for me, I've always loved Spa, best racetrack in the world.

Before the race, instead of as usual just aiming to not get lapped like most other races, I had three goals; Don't take anyone out; Don't spin or hit a wall; Finish in the top 9 (cos single-digits).

Started 5th, got absolutely mugged on lap one. Wanted to take it safe, so I didn't take out any of the contenders for the win, but in tier 1, playing safe makes you a 'victim' :) I got caught off-line at Les Combes, and by the time I got back onto the racing line at full speed it was 3/4 of a lap, and 10 lost places, later. No regrets about that, was quite nice to get all the inevitable getting-overtaken out the way. I was almost impressed watching the stream back about how good a job I done of getting overtaken, off-line, with cold tyres.

After that, I had some fun battles with @Beniszili and @Nagrom both before and after the pitstops. Ultimately though, I had no answer to the pace of them and their Lambos, and found myself driving around in clean air towards the end of the race. I'd turned everything off on my hud/motec except the track map, so had no idea what position I was running in until I crossed the line.

Really quite happy with 10th in the end, not the single-digit finish I was hoping for, but I'll take a top 10. Had no contacts, no spins, and not even any bad slides, only mistake I made was pitting when my car felt its best, as I never quite got the temps back. My absolute determination to drive neat and safe cost me some laptime, but less than a spin or damage would have, so its all good.

Congrats to @Jardier for yet another win, was really impressive to watch you be so patient and controlled early on, yet so utterly decisive and ultra-fast later in the race, but equally so to @dalking38 for an almost unbelievably fast climb through the field and impeccable racecraft. The three-in-one overtake from the stream has to be one of the all time best AOR overtakes I've seen, eclipsed though by the battle for the lead, epic stuff! And of course, also to @LeoNTheSickOne for showing that even on a 'bad day' you are still right up there.

A big thanks to @TM aidtheace for reading out the names, and organising the start of the race, couldn't have went better in the circumstances, and I'd certainly have done a worse job. Also to @ZAL for leading the field around so well despite the need to keep adjusting your speed to bunch everyone up, and of course to @King-kodiak and @FisiFan91 for the awesome stream and commentary (might even watch it through again it was so much fun).

Not sure what to think about Texas Road, banked tracks in VR are pretty 'interesting' (not in a good way), but I'll try my best regardless. My full sim rig should be arriving on Monday, with any luck that'll help me find a tenth or three, and I'll get some fun racing in.

Cheers!

RWB Rodders

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2018
I’ve gotten over my huff and will be there next week.

This will be the last thing I do in PCars2 along with my club F355 league before moving on with the club to a new sim - so gonna try and make the most of it.

See you at Texas

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Well that went wrong quickly...

Came into the race hoping for great battles throughout the race as Spa is a great track for racing and battling. Got taken out in turn 1 as a Lambo spun in front of @Villalobos and we both just plowed through it while it was lag-jumping all over the place. Got 30 aero and some suspension damage so pitting was pretty much the only option even if that meant having to pit again later for fuel.

Rest of the race was mostly just hotlapping alone. Luckily some other guys were kind enough to crash and fall back near me so I ended up having nice fights with @TM aidtheace, @Lusti and @Tmac. @Tmac caught me right after my splash and dash before I got my tires back to working order. My moves when defending from him were closer to an ice skater than a race car and eventually ended up spinning in the chicane.

Here's my POV, the painful part is in first 30 seconds or so.