PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 9 - Texas Road | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 9 - Texas Road

VoodooChild

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Imho the two things were handled differently by Jardier.

Last season's comment towards speeddmon were eccessive in my opinion, but I cannot really understand in this particular case what made you so much upset @CJBMX702, even the chat (!!) mostly agreed that the incident was Jardier's fault

He tapped you and didn't return immediately the position, and you have all rights to bring it to the stewards *even after* you received a full apology.

I just don't see the reason to have such an aggressive and un-friendly tone.

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
Imho the two things were handled differently by Jardier.

Last season's comment towards speeddmon were eccessive in my opinion, but I cannot really understand in this particular case what made you so much upset @CJBMX702, even the chat mostly agreed that the incident was Jardier's

He tapped you and didn't return immediately the position, and you have all rights to bring it to the stewards *even after* you received a full apology.

I just don't see the reason to have such an aggressive and un-friendly tone.
like I said, the statement he publicly made towards someone else after he was brought to stewards, made me feel the need to defend myself.

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Im not, im trying to avoid getting attack by you. You publicly posted that so thats the perception you gave off, to make feel like I had to defend myself before bringing it the stewards.
Looking at all the posts on this topic right now it seems actually what did happen. Dividing camps and bash messages. Assume this also is not what you have been looking for right.

Let's just be friendly.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Gentlemen, this discussion ends now, across all AOR channels. The tone of this argument is simply not aligned with what AOR stands for.

The incident will be looked at by the stewards.

Please, now virtually shake hands and walk away from the argument.

Shooter80

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
I have to say I agree with @VoodooChild's last post. No point in discussing this more, only the opinion of the stewards actually matters, and continuing the discussion here is unlikely to achieve anything, as everyone who cares enough to form an opinion already will have, and most likely wont change it.

Barring extreme situations (which I don't feel this is), as far as AOR is concerned anything that happens outside of the official AOR hosted server/chat, discord, or forum is outwith their jurisdiction, and therefore, this is not the correct place to be discussing it in detail, if at all.

In that spirit, I shall attempt to 're-rail' (yea, I made that up) the discussion with my usual weekly tales/excuses for my lackluster performance...

I'll try to keep it brief. Was busy all weekend doing various things with the wife and friends, so didn't have any time work on a setup for the track. I borrowed one from @VoodooChild which I'm pretty sure was a good setup, but in my hands it turned the M6 into a tyre shredding monster.

To complicate things further, my new sim rig arrived on Tuesday. I robbed the passenger seat from my car :rolleyes: and set right about building it, but of course, a BMW seat didn't fit it in any way (well, one of the 4 bolts lined up) so I had to ghetto it together with some wood in-between, which caused the seat to be too high, so I had a really quite strange, uncomfortable and ultimately painful driving position for the race.

I'd only managed two laps on softs as preparation for qualifying, and well, everything went as could be expected. Qualified last, ran near the back, and finished 2nd to last (thanks to @Suomy for toughing it out and giving me someone to finish behind me). But all in all, I had some really fun battles at various stages with @AndrexUK and @ScottV, and I'm happy that I didn't take out any of the leaders as I was getting lapped.

Congrats to @LeoNTheSickOne for another win, and keeping the title fight going to the last round, to @dalking38 for the pole, for 2nd, and for being the fastest on the track in both Q and R, and to @CJBMX702 for a well earned podium.

Thanks as always to our commentators for the awesome stream.

dakuza

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 8, 2018
Fun race even though the track is not one of my favourites.

Messed up qualifying and my banker lap was the only lap I finished without a trip to the green stuff. Strange grip issues in quali made the car understeery in the hairpins and cost lots of time, never had that type of problem with the setup before.

Got a great start off the line and had a run on the car in front with nowhere to go so ended up losing a position by going too wide in the oval. Nice battles after that with a pack of cars until my tires started to fade and I dropped back a bit.

My setup was pretty good to drive but not good on tires so @Nagrom was catching quickly and was right on my tail by lap 20. Decided to pit before him to try and push with fresh tires to get a gap. Undercut worked and I got the gap back to 3 seconds or so with fresh tires under me. However after few laps I had the Lambo on my tail again and the battle was back on. There was some great racing and battling for few laps until @Nagrom was able to capitalize on my slight mistake in the last turn and pushed to the inside in turn 1. I was able to keep our cars side by side and we ended up going 2 wide through 2nd sector right up to the last turn where he got a better exit and shot off to the distance. Great battling with respect from both of us!

Finished 7th after @Villalobos had an unfortunate fuel problem. First of the non-Lambo's so happy with that small victory.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Just while I'm here :)
Had a good battle with @Shooter80 and @ScottV Great fun on track guys!
The fight of the 2 grey battleships of the Bentley and SLS was aweseom :)

And now, I ask a question / favor...
I'd like to test the Ferrari, with a view to running it in the next season.
To do this, we need as much accurate info as we can get, and putting it on the grid, against drivers who are putting in effort to win the race (as social races are not quite as important, so people don't put as much time into preping for them).
Now, I can't drive the thing for Toffee (Not that I can really drive ANYTHING for toffee, but If I was to 'Show what it can do', it wouldn't be an accurate showing...
Since @Tudesertpac has changed his car more times than a girl changes their shoes..... I'd like to ask if you guys would be ok with him testing the Fez at Laguna?

It would need to go through approval from the CoD's etc, but if you guys were not happy for this, then there is no point asking the CoDs....

Any objections?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yep, re-testing the Fezza is important for us, to review if the ban remains in place or not.
For that, we need accurate information if it's still OP or not.

If we can allow a good, fast driver, who isn't challenged by the concept of having the engine behind the seat (sorry @AndrexUK ) to run the Fezza, we would already have more data to go on.
Of course, it would also mean that the Fezza runs out of competition, not scoring points.

Thoughts?

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Just while I'm here :)
Had a good battle with @Shooter80 and @ScottV Great fun on track guys!
The fight of the 2 grey battleships of the Bentley and SLS was aweseom :)

And now, I ask a question / favor...
I'd like to test the Ferrari, with a view to running it in the next season.
To do this, we need as much accurate info as we can get, and putting it on the grid, against drivers who are putting in effort to win the race (as social races are not quite as important, so people don't put as much time into preping for them).
Now, I can't drive the thing for Toffee (Not that I can really drive ANYTHING for toffee, but If I was to 'Show what it can do', it wouldn't be an accurate showing...
Since @Tudesertpac has changed his car more times than a girl changes their shoes..... I'd like to ask if you guys would be ok with him testing the Fez at Laguna?

It would need to go through approval from the CoD's etc, but if you guys were not happy for this, then there is no point asking the CoDs....

Any objections?
I think its a great idea!

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@AndrexUK @Stephan seeing as i only moved up last round, I can test the fezza if you need me.
I don't have an issue with another Fez on the grid, my only slight problem is, that we don't have as accurate idea about where you would normally be finishing within the T1 guys.
So it's very hard to say weather you are faster than we would expect in the Ferrari :(
With Tudes, we have a decent idea of what sort of pace he runs normally in other cars (he ran plenty of them this season.....) so if he is suddenly right up at the front, then we would be fairly safe to put some of that down to the car (100% No disrespect to Tudes! (He knows I love him !) but we have not seen him right at the front, so if that changes from changing the car, then it would give us good info.
I could run it myself, but the car doesn't really work well for me, which is odd, as it's super stable, and I looooove stable!!!
I'll try it, but I'm not sure that my data would really give an accurate idea, as i can't get out of it, what others have).

Again, I'm personally fine with you using it as well, and if feedback to how you feel the car is compared to your normal machine, then that would also be great!
But I don't really want another 2 or 3 ppl asking to run the Ferrari...

dalking38

AOR XB1 GT3 S10 T2 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
I think it's a really good idea but I would like to see sum 1 like @DiHeidi or @Speeddmon91 run it not saying the other people are bad drivers just think you would get more accurate feed back from then

TX3 Zenvoh

PC Triple Crown Le Mans GTE Winner
Mar 31, 2018
@AndrexUK I might be available to test the Ferrari next race if needed, I'll let you know sooner if I will be able to race.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I asked DeHidi before he vanished, and he wanted to test the other UP cars, which is not a lot of use to us, as we are fairly certain there is no hidden OP cars in the cars that are not being used... (Shame, as that would have been perfect info, but I fully respect his wishes not to run the Ferrari!)

@AndrexUK I might be available to test the Ferrari next race if needed, I'll let you know sooner if I will be able to race.
And then all the requests start flooding in.... :p
Yeah, testing it fine outside of the league race! and if you would be able to run it in one of the pre-race socials, that would be awesome, but obviously, that may be very useful testing data for the league race being missed by not running the normal car!

I'll try running it myself, as I know roughly where I should be in the pack, and if I'm ahead of where I would expect, then, yeah...

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
forgive my disappearance, I'm trying to improve my physical condition, I'll probably have to stop the siracing for a longer period of time than we imagined.
but returning to the reason of my tag. it is not the speed of the driver, the ferrari in some track is not the fastest on the race pace (in qualifying it is easily beatable), but as expressed also by @KrypticTMG , the ferrari is the car more complete and stable. even if I will not be present in the next championship gt3 (not even in other endurance league unfortunately) vote in favorfor his retur, because having banned did not bring the desired result (major differences in cars) .in s8 / 9 were almost all ferrari, in the s10 were almost all audi, in s11 lambo.

I hope we will meet again soon on the track.

AndrexUK

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Sorry, it wasn't a dig :) Health has to come first mate!
Shame to not see you on the grid though :(
Gives some of us other guys a chance to be 1 place higher though :)

Indeed, I think it can clearly be beaten in Qually / early in the race, but if it holds the tires better, then it may still end up OP over a longer race distance.
If it is a tire wear thing, then we could remove the accelerated tire wear to help reduce the advantage again.
It may still be that the faster guys end up being faster in something else (Lambo / Audi / AMG) and in the hands of a midfield runner, it helps them catch back up again towards the end? (Which might be a good thing!
But we certainly don't want an OP car in the mix again.

I would love to have a system that allowed the slower guys to tae the better cars, and to 'handicap' the guys at the front with the 'slower' cars.
But I think a lot of the faster guys may not be keen on that, as they feel they are 'being punished' for being fast. (Which I do understand)
And it would be VERY difficult to create a system that would be fair (and not abused in some way).