PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 9 - Texas Road | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 1 - Round 9 - Texas Road

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Sorry, it wasn't a dig :) Health has to come first mate!
Shame to not see you on the grid though :(
Gives some of us other guys a chance to be 1 place higher though :)

Indeed, I think it can clearly be beaten in Qually / early in the race, but if it holds the tires better, then it may still end up OP over a longer race distance.
If it is a tire wear thing, then we could remove the accelerated tire wear to help reduce the advantage again.
It may still be that the faster guys end up being faster in something else (Lambo / Audi / AMG) and in the hands of a midfield runner, it helps them catch back up again towards the end? (Which might be a good thing!
But we certainly don't want an OP car in the mix again.

I would love to have a system that allowed the slower guys to tae the better cars, and to 'handicap' the guys at the front with the 'slower' cars.
But I think a lot of the faster guys may not be keen on that, as they feel they are 'being punished' for being fast. (Which I do understand)
And it would be VERY difficult to create a system that would be fair (and not abused in some way).
Not wanting to open the discussion on the Ferrari right now haha, but I would love to see it tested. I am pretty sure, Just as I figured in s10, the lambo is the quickest car right now and I would love to see the Ferrari back. The only real potential feature of the 488 will be the enige damage. I remember you can run it on 25-30% radiator for a full racelength. For whatever benefit that stands ofc.

Tudesertpac

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 3, 2018
lol yeah i know i fucked up this season due the lack of training. the problem with me is i need to have 4* the practise of a faster guy to maintain the same pace unfortunately... i would be okay to run the ferrari tough and if not thats also okay

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
Not wanting to open the discussion on the Ferrari right now haha, but I would love to see it tested. I am pretty sure, Just as I figured in s10, the lambo is the quickest car right now and I would love to see the Ferrari back. The only real potential feature of the 488 will be the enige damage. I remember you can run it on 25-30% radiator for a full racelength. For whatever benefit that stands ofc.
I think I'm running with this kind of radiator settings with the lambo too, and I have no engine issue (less than 15 engine wear) ??

I don't mind someone using the ferrari in the next race !
I just hope @Tudesertpac will still score points for our lambo/audi team :whistle:

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
I think I'm running with this kind of radiator settings with the lambo too, and I have no engine issue (less than 15 engine wear) ??

I don't mind someone using the ferrari in the next race !
I just hope @Tudesertpac will still score points for our lambo/audi team :whistle:
I guess I have naively been using 45-50

JKay14

AOR PC GT3 S10 T4 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
Yessss! Let’s bring the Ferrari back. Those Lambo’s need banning if not

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I tested it at spa on the PS4 side of things and had the rad set low, I was not kind to the engine! Redlining and rapid downshifting to try and create as much engine damage as possible! If I had been in the Renault or Porsche I would have blown up after 10 laps! I’ve already made my feelings clear on the car but so far I’m the only guy who had driven it so we do need more “honest” feedback from top drivers.

ZAL

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Feb 14, 2018
If you need more testers I would like to test the rarri on Laguna, and put in a good amount of practice prior to the race. If you want me to. Been rather slow the last races due to no driving and practicing in general tho. But if you have 3-4 rarris already I would also like to stick with the Porsche :)

Last edited:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Wow, a lot of offers for help, thanks!

We have to avoid a Ferrari only race - there’s still a championship battle as well as battles for positions across the field.

@Shooter80 @Marvin and the rest of staff will stick our heads together :)

Reactions: dalking38

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
having banned did not bring the desired result (major differences in cars) .in s8 / 9 were almost all ferrari, in the s10 were almost all audi, in s11 lambo.
Just following on from what @DiHeidi was saying, I completely agree that banning cars did not have the outcome we was looking for. This is the reason why I use obscure cars to get more diversity in the field.

You could say only 4 cars from each manufacturer can be used in the season, first come first served although these drivers will have an advantage throughout the season having significantly better cars.
The other approach is to again only have 4 cars from each manufacturer to have the diversity of the field but use a fixed setup grid. Least some of the manufacturers like Ferrari would limit its performance, and would still have close racing throughout the field.