AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - Driver Introduction

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 Leagues - Season 11
Driver Introduction

Hello and welcome to Season 11 of the AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 Leagues.

The purpose of this thread is to give you a chance to introduce yourself to the other drivers, so we can get to know about each other's situation and aspirations from this season.

Questions:

1) Tell us about yourself. (e.g. name, age, occupation, favourite track etc.)
2) Did you participate in season 10? If so in which tier and how did it go?
3) What do you hope to achieve during this season? Any rivals you want to beat?
4) Do you like some of the new changes for this season. (e.g. what do you think about increased tire wear?)

Feel free to ignore above template and introduce yourself in your way!

fläsk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2018
Name: IAteAGnomeOnce, fläsk on steam.
Nationality: Swedish
Favourite track: Bathurst Mount Panorama

I did not participate in season 10 so this is my first AOR GT3 season that i take part in, previously raced in the GT5 leauge so I'm not a complete newbie when it comes to how AoR leauge racing works. Don't have any set goals I want to achieve during this season more than taking part in some good and clean racing. I think that the increase in tire wear can spice things up a bit on tracks that are harder on the tires. Hope to have a great season with some great racing with all of you!

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi, my name is tRIP.. and I'm an alcoho..... oops, wrong intro. Anyhoo, I'm 37, **** at driving (for real, I once wrote my car off after an enthusiastic go-karting session), and I'm here because this is as close as I'll ever come to experiencing driving a decent fast car. I love the social aspect of this league too. Oh, favourite track is Monza. I also like Spa, Imola and Watkins Glen.
Yep, Tier 3, and it had its ups and downs. Terrible start, terrible ending, two podium finished right in the middle. Been around the leagues since Season 7.
To be competitive. I'm not going to be challenging the top of the league, I know my limits, but as long as I'm in the middle of the pack I'll be happy.
4) Do you like some of the new changes for this season. (e.g. what do you think about increased tire wear?)
I notice there's a slight change to the track limits for this season. I hope this will produce less in-fighting as there has been before.

Hope to not crash into any of you soon. xx

-L.X.-

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 21, 2018
Moinsen, my name is Alexander, 20y ol' swiss who loves to play bass and to drink ;)
This will be my first ever season to participate in, so I'm looking forward for the upcoming weeks.
Keeping my pace under control. having clean but adrenalizing battles... and putting Audis (and Ferraris) behind my mirrors :p
Despite the fact that Ferraris got banned (<3) I'm pretty much happy about the current rules. The evaluation race went well in my opinion so it'll be fine.

See ya on the track!

GreaseMonkey

Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2018
Hi, my name GreaseMonkey also same on steam, Age 36, Nationality:Finn, occupation: mechanic, favourite track: Imola, The reason for me being here is that i am too old and don´t have financials to race in real life so as a motorsport enthusiast simracing is a great way to drive cars that i will never have a chance to drive in real life.
Yes, Tier3, My season10 was decent, Started as a reserve but moved to be main driver later. Mostly pretty consistent so overall placement was quite good. Did couple of stupid divebomb´s in beginning of season, not proud of those. I think my car choice (cadillac) didnt help me being up there with the front guys.
Hope to have lot of hard but fair racing battles, Goal is to be in top10.
I think the increased tire wear will make races more interesting, probably will not favor me, because i am not so great in taking care of the tires.

Exodus

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 6, 2018
Yo, my name is Sebastian aka Exodus and I'm a 19 years old Austrian. Furthermore I am currently studying informatics and a huge Red Bull Racing Fan (go Max ;)). My favourite Track has to be the Red Bull Ring but I also like Spa and Circuit of the Americas a lot.

Nope but I'm looking forward to Season 11

Not to be last would be a start :unsure:. I also would not mind a few close battles and hopefully leaving all Merc's behind me :p

The increased tire wear combined with the mandatory pitstops are inevitable going to produce some interesting strategic decisions which is nice. Aside from that the Ferrari ban was definitely justified in my opinion.

So yeah, see ya all on the track!

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
Hey Boys & Girls, my name's Jay, I'm a native of Berne, Switzerland, aged 43, dad of 2. I'm working in the financial controlling dept. of an IT business. My favorite tracks would be Spa. Imola, Laguna Seca. I got to love several other tracks in the last two AOR GT3 Seasons, for example Sugo in the rain, Long Beach CA and Dubai.
Season 10, my sophomore Season, went quite well as I finally could start racing. I missed several races due to illness / Holidays, so the classification could have been a lot better if it wasn't for that. I also missed both reversed grid races, what a pitty. I'm looking forward to These for the upcoming Season. In Season 9 I really paid for my inexperience in League racing, had been very nervous and shaky, especially at the start of the races. So consequently, for S10, my main goal was to keep my cool and stay out of the stewards panel as good as I can, what in fact I really did.
In this Tier 2, i already know a lot of you guys from the past, and as good as all of them are really, really, I mean really fast. So realisticly my goal is be to sting like a bee now and then some and take whatever I can get. I certainly will have to invest more time to prepare Qualifying, that is for sure. I do like the schedule, green hell and the Texas races will be something else!
I think the continuity from S10 with the minor Adjustments for S11 are the right way to go. The poor 488 still has to watch the game from the substitution bench, but I'm ok with that.

A special shout out to @-L.X.- , cool to have a second Swiss guy in the league. We'll pull our army knifes in crucial situations ;-)

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Hello all :)
Returning driver from Season 10 here, even though I've been bumped up from Tier 3 to this tier. Nice to see some familiar names combined with brand new ones :)
I did struggle a bit in tier 3, ending up smack in the middle of the chart, so I will for sure have my work cut out for me in this season.
Anyway, the name is Lindholdt, Daniel Lindholdt (Just had to do that!) and I'm a 34 years old dude from Denmark. Love the sim racing here on AOR, doing publics are a nightmare once you have gotten use to racing leagues in AOR, so I wanna do more of that of course.
GT3 is my favorite class in racing both in real life and Pcars2. I follow the all the Blancpain GT series closely, and I'm rooting for the Grasser Racing team (Wtf was that stunt you pulled on Nurburgring Engelhart?! :D ) and the Danish driver Dennis Lind on the Asian series. Also a big reason for me choosing the Lambo in the last season, the car I will be driving this league as well, as I know it pretty well now.
I like a lot of tracks, but some of them a perhaps a bit odd to others. BRNO and SUGO are some of the odd tracks that I like, but really enjoy WG and Hockenheim as well.
Yes I did, in Tier 3 and ended up in the middle of the class. My first real season that I went onto pretty "green", but leaned a lot and improved through out the season. Loved the racing there, and thats why I have returned for this season.

I know quite a few of the guys here from last season and their pace, so if I can get a decent middle placement I will be glad. Main goal is to keep learning, improving and stay clear of lowest end of the chart :)

No idea what the increased tyre wear is gonna bring for this season, so thats a bit of a joker for me. But I dont think that much has changed other than that, so not much to commentate on here really :)

See you all on the track :)

Reactions: Kapo

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
Hey folks, i'm Murph!
I'm 31, currently in the United Kingdom and live about a 10 minute drive away from Brands Hatch. Don't own a driving license yet sim race... Go figure?!..

Yes, in tier 3... My very first season on PC. Like a deer in headlights, was slow to get going but managed to settle down and get some ok results.

To continue with my improvement and progression. Ever since the end of S10, I've put a bit more focus into my driving, building consistancy, and because of this, in general I've been getting faster and faster. (It helps that now I know how to calibrate my wheel. and know how to tune my car for the track for example).. By the end of the season, the aim is to be in the title hunt at the minimum.

Just have to wait and see, might make for some interesting races/problems for drivers...

Reactions: Kapo

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
My name is Mads (pronounced with a silent d. We like our silent d's in Denmark). I'm 19 years old and currently live near a rather small city (compared to the rest of the world) called Aalborg. It is located in the more northern part of Denmark right here:

I graduated high school a little over 3 months ago now and am currently on a break year from school, working and saving up some money to establish a somewhat stable economy in the future :p My future plans are to continue into university and study to become a mechanical engineer. I would love to be an engineer at a car manufacturer, otherwise anything mechanical is good enough for me. So educationally I still have a long road ahead.
I've been racing in karts since I was 9 years old and I'm still going strong. Not racing in any international championships though, mostly national events. But since I started high school the school started to fill a lot in my life and me and my dad decided to lift a little off the throttle because of all the school stuff I needed to do. Maybe I'll blow the dust off the kart and get a few laps in this year, who knows ;)
When it comes to sim racing equipment I'm currently racing with a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel with T3PA pedals and a TH8A shifter (for driving proper cars ;))
I'm pretty experienced with racing here at AOR. Been here since October 2016 and I'm not planning on leaving any time soon :)

The game I started joining AOR in 2016 was here at Project Cars. Long before that I had been racing in many sims. I believe my first racing sim was back when GTR2 first came out. I was really hyped about this game. Although I did play it with a keyboard which was a pain in the ass, I still enjoyed the sh*t out of that game. But I joined pCars in AOR in October 2016 as mentioned before. I started with some social races and got to know a lot of people and really enjoyed it. I then joined season 1 of the Endurance Multiclass Project Cars league which was my very first AOR league. Later I got into the Assetto Corsa scene and since recently the rFactor 2 endurance and F1 scene where I'm also league racing.

My favourite race track is definitely Spa. I love the flow of the track and the best feeling in the world is definitely to take Eau Rouge (and Radillion, to prevent anyone taking advantage to spread the very much dead WTF1 meme) flat out in a high-downforce car. An experience I would die to try in real life as well. One of my big dreams come true would be to one day travel to Spa in late summer to experience the Belgian Grand Prix. If I was to choose, Spa would be on the calendar of every single season of every single league but of course I understand that that would become very repetitive for some people, but not me. I just love that track :p

I did participate in S10, but only for 6 out of the 10 races due to commitments with another league at the time. I was placed in Tier 2 and had a blast in the Porsche 911 GT3R. All the preparation I did for every race really took a toll on me when the season was over but it was definitely worth it as I completed my goal to finish in the points for every race. I even got a top 10 finish in there with a 7th at Hockenheim (y)

3) What do you hope to achieve during this season?
My personal goal is mainly to have fun. I'm not in this to become the greatest driver the world has ever seen. I'm in this because I'm racing against a great bunch of people which is so enjoyable. Although I would of course like to be somewhat competitive, therefore I would aim for finishing in the points for each race that I'm participating in :)

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

I'm a 38 year old Kiwi living in London. On the road to becoming a dad.... 4 months and counting till D-day, so got to get my fair share of sim racing in quick!

Last season (10) I was in T5 and it went pretty well. I clinched the drivers title along with the teams title in combination with the awesome @VoodooChild.

Feeling a little out of my depth here in T2 and my only aim is to be consistent and improve my performances as the season progresses.

Looking forward to the rule changes this season and getting back out on track (y)

dopey401

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 30, 2018

Hi my name is Tobias and I'm a 25 year old mechatronics student from Germany. I'm livinf in a village right next to Hockenheim so that is my favourite track of ciurse ;)

I was part of Tier 3 in S10. Won the first race but had huge trouble getting the Amg working in the rain. Despite that and technical problems i managed to end up 4th in the drivers ranking.
I'm happy to see some familiar names from last season.

I hope that i can improve myself this season and end in the top 5 .
My rivals are @ZeroStefan @TheRipper @Migzorn @Kapo because i knew them from former league racing.

Great changes! I hope that this spices up the races due to different tactics.

bigPapaBeard

Junior Karter
Oct 15, 2018
1) Tell us about yourself.
Hey! My name is Jocke Sjöö aka. bigPapaBeard, 30 years young from Sweden! To be short - I'm just another petrolhead, like most of you guys I bet!

2) Did you participate in season 10?
No, this is my first ever season in AOR.

Experience, experience and some more experience! My biggest rival at the moment is myself, I'll just try to outrun 'him' first of all.. Then I'll take on the rest of the grid!

Again, first season for me so I aint got a lot to compare to! But I think the tire wear for exampel is a good thing!

Looking forward to see you guys on track! My first race will be next week - Sakitto