Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 1 - Algarve

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 10th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18 March 2018 - 11:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 18 March 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@TM Touring

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Stream was a fiasco, disconnected from the session multiple times :cry: I'll find a solution for next week's race.

If you wanna watch the few bits that had some good racing in it, here's the VOD:

Reactions: Kapo

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
for me, it was super laggy this time, really really bad, I would say borderline undriveable...don't know what happened, didn't have this in any practise race at all. Tried to shut down an external app while pitting, what cost me a good 6-7 extra seconds, but didn't help at all. Hope I can get this sorted out

cheers to @Kapo for this win, you could see this coming for quite some time

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
for me, it was super laggy this time, really really bad, I would say borderline undriveable...don't know what happened, didn't have this in any practise race at all. Tried to shut down an external app while pitting, what cost me a good 6-7 extra seconds, but didn't help at all. Hope I can get this sorted out

cheers to @Kapo for this win, you could see this coming for quite some time
It was laggy for virtually everyone, don't really know what caused it.
I was probably the one worst off. Coming down to T5 (the very tight hairpin) I got a huge screenfreeze and I was sent to the desktop. The game was just minimized but the audio was still going. I lost all control of my car when the game minimized, hit the wall with 200 kph, lost my rear wing, heavy front damage and heavy engine damage. Went in for a 1 min 20 sec pitstop and was last for the rest of the race. Kept up with top 10 guys when I had my damage fixed but I was 2 laps behind which was just frustrating (y)

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
OMG, so I'm not the only one? I had HUGE issues today, and as @jaycoool says, it was very close to undriveable. Really terrible. I also tabbed out while going into the pitlane, because I thought it might have something to do with Crewchief, while doing so, I got myself a 10sec penalty for speeding in the pitlane :( Did any of you guys notice that the lag was worse right after you went into a new section of the track? It was for me, every time and then it got better after 10-12 seconds, right until I hit a new sector. I was around 0.5-0.7 seconds slower pr lap because of this :(

Anyway, great race for my teammate @Kapo who ran away with P1. Grats man :) And grats to all top 3 as well :)

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Good race and well done @Kapo !!

I lost the front of the pack through a pit stop for tyres (it was a risk, I took it :cry:) and a few mistakes through concentration (another 8 seconds or so).

Great to be fighting it out at the sharp end, and very clean for our first race in this season.

Well done everyone

Reactions: Kapo and dopey401

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Stream was a fiasco, disconnected from the session multiple times :cry: I'll find a solution for next week's race.
Hey @Insulaventus

Maybe CPU usage / overheating issue as the game or stream was stuttering, as well as you being booted out of the lobby ...

Probably first thing to check is whether there was anything in the background maxing out CPU. If not then worth checking your stream settings, if your CPU usage is Ok when you're not streaming ?

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Hey @Insulaventus

Maybe CPU usage / overheating issue as the game or stream was stuttering, as well as you being booted out of the lobby ...

Probably first thing to check is whether there was anything in the background maxing out CPU. If not then worth checking your stream settings, if your CPU usage is Ok when you're not streaming ?
Yeah, could be. I'm gonna look into my processes better next time to see what was taking so much cpu, its been fine for 3 seasons straight :)

Reactions: dopey401

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
It was laggy for virtually everyone, don't really know what caused it.
I was probably the one worst off. Coming down to T5 (the very tight hairpin) I got a huge screenfreeze and I was sent to the desktop. The game was just minimized but the audio was still going. I lost all control of my car when the game minimized, hit the wall with 200 kph, lost my rear wing, heavy front damage and heavy engine damage. Went in for a 1 min 20 sec pitstop and was last for the rest of the race. Kept up with top 10 guys when I had my damage fixed but I was 2 laps behind which was just frustrating (y)
I passed you after this happened, your car looked like it had been hit by a freight train...

dopey401

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 30, 2018
First of all nice and clean racing guys!

My Qualifying did not end as well as expected from my practice pace.
Starting from 4th i tried to habe some clean first laps and see where the pace evolves.
I had trouble following the guys in front but after about 7-8 laps my times got better and better.
I tried an overcut to overtake @DoR and @Murph which worked pretty well.
Due to my tire pressures and temperatures after the stop Murph managed to overtake me again.
You had a very good pace with that Porsche and thanks for that nice battle ;).
After that i tried to fight back for 2nd position but i had no chance to overtake.

Sorry for @ZeroStefan who had similiar pace than i but dropped out due to technical problems.

Luckily i had only minor lag problems at the end of the race.

Congratulations @Kapo and thanks for keeping the GEF win streak alive ;)

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
I can join the hardware problems club. Had some serious frame drops which caused me to miss T1 twice near the start and finally nearly take out multiple drivers near the end of the lap. At this point I backed off and tried to keep some distance to anyone in front of me. I Would have dropped out but if you do that you get severely punished in the 90 minute races.
Congrats to the guys at the front, there were some serious lap times towards the front of the grid. Even without hardware issues I wouldn't have lived with that pace!!! Looking forward to Silverstone and hopefully no frame drops.

Pitti

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2018
Hey all,
the ones who have disconnects and lags, please check if you have disabled the UDP Broadcasts, if not this will sure fix your problems.

@Kapo nice race :)

Reactions: Kapo and jaycoool

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
Thanks guys for the kind words :) it was a really hard and a bit lucky race for me.. @DoR @Murph @dopey401 were very fast. I tried to pull away but it wasnt possible.. In the end, I managed the win with consistent lap times I guess.
Sorry for my team mate @Lindholdt .Sadly, he had technical issues..
I'm sure it will be a very hard and good season for all of us
Btw, thanks for the stream @Insulaventus :)

Here's a race from my side :)

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks guys for the kind words :) it was a really hard and a bit lucky race for me.. @DoR @Murph @dopey401 were very fast. I tried to pull away but it wasnt possible.. In the end, I managed the win with consistent lap times I guess.
Sorry for my team mate @Lindholdt .Sadly, he had technical issues..
I'm sure it will be a very hard and good season for all of us
Btw, thanks for the stream @Insulaventus :)

Here's a race from my side :)
tebrik ediyorum, ( congratz )
nice to see a driver won a race from my country for 3 years
good luck kapo

• Friendly

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
so first and maybe last run.
again have massive lag problems. in the crowd of drivers is probably one of the pulls down
or rather, it will probably be up to me. In any case, it does not make driving fun, nor is it good for others. UDP transfers are disabled.
if I do not solve the problem until the next race, I'll only stay there as a reserve driver
Good luck to everyone else