AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 10 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 10 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

eXcole

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2018
Bad thing to grab my sympathy by putting that cat in there @-L.X.- you know i can't argue against that! :cry:

But nah, on a serious note, in this case i'm confused why with a restart the quali would count and with a postponed race it wouldn't. I don't actually mind doing it again, maybe then i can get into the 21s like in my practice.

But! #ShaggyforPole :whistle:

Reactions: -L.X.-

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
I'm all for keeping the qualifying results the same (i had a shocker of a session but that's the way it goes sometimes) but i'm happy either way.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
The qualification results from Wednesday will not transfer over to the re-run. Since those that couldn't catch the race this week has a chance to race the re-run we would need a qually lap from them as well.

Basically, nothing counts from this week's race. Everything will be done all over again next week

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
Pretty much count me out for wednesday. Sorry but i do not agree with throwing away the quali result and so i'm not going to bend over backwards to get back in time for this race. If i'm back ill race but assume i won't be there.

If People who weren't there are allowed to race i think its fair they start from the back. its not a second chance its a re-run of the race and should only be the race... it brings to question if those who missed it should be allowed to race as we got X% far just under 50% race distance.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Pretty much count me out for wednesday. Sorry but i do not agree with throwing away the quali result and so i'm not going to bend over backwards to get back in time for this race. If i'm back ill race but assume i won't be there.

If People who weren't there are allowed to race i think its fair they start from the back. its not a second chance its a re-run of the race and should only be the race... it brings to question if those who missed it should be allowed to race as we got X% far just under 50% race distance.
Well, it's quite black on white in the league info thread:
If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. If several drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.
Less than 50% of the race was completed (to my understanding and what people have told me, I wasn't there) and people said at the time that it was too late for a restart for them so the race has now been rescheduled to another date. That includes the qualifying. Quite frankly, you agreed that you understood and accepted this piece of information when you signed up to the league and now you complain about it.
And to use the words "bend over backwards" is probably a little exaggerating to say the least. It's a 10 minute qualifying session we're talking about. And it wouldn't really change anything in terms of you making it in time or not. If we decided to skip the qually, the race would just start at 8 PM instead, which actually makes your chances of making the race even smaller

Reactions: Cravgar

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
I don’t feel such a defensive and targeted response was needed there. I’m casting my thoughts and have a right to an opinion even if you do not agree.

Qualifying isn’t the race and when I read the mass disconnect rule the only reference is that we will take the original qualifying result and re run the race. So yes I am aware of the rule and in my opinion this decision is not following the rules, perhaps this needs to be cleared up within the rules. The race should have been restarted that night using the quali result so I believe that should follow across even if we opted to move the session.

Also changing a race to another week does require me to bend over backwards to make because I travel a lot for work l, being 2 hours plus away doesn’t make it easy to get back in time. The point is I believe the decision is wrong based on the rules and as such I’m not prepared to go to a lot of effort to move my calendar around to accommodate the re run.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: dopey401

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, I have the same problem as last week, still stuck at work and won't be home before the race :(

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Hey guys, first of all i'd like to apologize for the late reply :/ Me and @King-kodiak won't be able to commentate on the re-run as Kodiaks voice is wrecked, and my streaming rig is at a friends house :( Anyway i hope you have a fantastic race to round off the season, and a merry christmas and new year to boot! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Kapo

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to thank all of you for this season. You were all very kind. Especially to my team mate, @Lindholdt for his helps for winning the team championship and with the car setups when I needed, thank you mate!!

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Last race really diddnt go my way. Spent too much time giving room in the qualifying session, so I only got to do 1 real laps and that one wasnt very good.

Started mid pack but my race was as good as gone by the end of the first lap. Tried to fight back, but made small mistakes repeatedly which made me go nowhere, and finally I spun in a battle with @Migzorn. That was kinda the last nail in the coffin :D

Anyway, big grats to my teammate for winning another round, and securing both championships :D