Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 31st 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 37 laps (36 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 27 May 2018 - 12:00 (PM)
- Race start time: 27 May 2018 - 15:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
Might have some difficulty doing this one, I rolled on my ankle playing 5-a-side football at the weekend and my ankle has swollen up quite nicely... Just tried doing some practice laps but after about 30 mins i was in pain so I've stopped... Still possible I can race through the pain barrier but just have to wait and see...

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
Good luck tonight everyone, and I hope you are ready to powerslide for 36 laps xD

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
@DoR Congrats man, I looked back on your race and you didn't put a foot wrong so gg and I hope we can have a proper race next week

Reactions: DoR

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
Quite the surprise to get pole. Topped my best practice time by a second, although it didn't feel that good. But i knew i couldn't hold it for long and indeed i only managed to lead one lap. :LOL: Arguing with my brakes @TM Touring in his wisdom stayed on the outside on turn 4 to let me slide across the track and then took off. With @Murph and @Kapo pushing from behind i tried my best to find some time, but eventually got some nasty oversteer and completed a half spin on the exit of turn 1, loosing the positions. Failing to keep up with them i considered pitting earlier as planed, but was afraid i would end up in traffic and losing even more time. In hindsight lap 18 was too late.

@Kapo ended up behind me after the stop, but i managed to hammer out some good laps and kept him away long enough for him to make a mistake. With some 10 laps to go i cought back up to the front, just in time for @Murph to get collected by the turn 2 lake. I then tried to pressure @TM Touring , but he was having none of it. And although i think i was a little bit faster i couldn't find an advantage or space to try to overtake. Also didn't want to be too risky as P2 was more than i hoped for.

Yeah.. I tought till the last lap that @DoR would pull into the pits and there was no way he could have gained that much time back in the field. Turned out he did and watching him (in the replay) lapping one 1:35 after the other after his stop while we were still doing 37's at the front made it clear why he was so far ahead. Undercut from hell and a very well deserved victory! (y)

Bonus points for @Exodus giving me a heart attack in the last corner, you probably thought only one car was lapping you, but man that was close from my perspective. :LOL:

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
@eXcole it was fun racing with you mate, however on that last lap i neatly had a heart attack as i though i was gonna spin into t1 when i let off the brakes to cover you. Hope for more battles like this for the rest of the season with you, @Murph and @Kapo as well. Just a shame I'm probably out of the title fight after missing the first two rounds :cry:

Reactions: eXcole

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
@DoR Congrats man, I looked back on your race and you didn't put a foot wrong so gg and I hope we can have a proper race next week
Thanks Touring- With how wet it was and going by my practice, I was fairly certain I would have had a spin somewhere, but somehow I kept it all together :D

A 'quick' summary of my race-

Quali wasn't great for me as I had the wrong set up loaded and had to load the right one, so by the time I did, I was behind 7-8 cars leaving the pit.

Then on the outlap I was stuck behind a tail of traffic, so with low heat/pressures and an increasingly wet track, I couldn't get anywhere near my PB in the wet (1.32.4). In the end, quali 13 I think I got with a 1.35. something.

Felt pretty bad having messed things up, I'd pretty much consigned myself to a mid pack finish knowing how wet it was and had little opportunity there is to pass as a result..

On to the race- as it was for everyone, seeing past the spray is hard and I lost a couple of places around T1/2/3 at the start being super cautious- I didn't want to turn a bad quali in to a complete failure.

Once we got a couple of laps in to the race, I saw my times whilst fighting with a few of the guys (shoutouts to @Midweekcoma, we battled hard!) was way below what I knew I could do (about 3 seconds a lap slower), so I decided to dive in the pits on lap 4/5 I think. Huge risk as I had no plans to pit so early and if I were to pick up damage later in the race, I'd be done for.

Straight back out the pits and in to clean air, I was doing 1.35's and low 36's lap after lap, minding my own business whilst trying my best to stay consistent. I didn't know exactly where I'd be toward the end of race, but it was good pace all the same. As the laps rolled by I ended up picking up places on track just through people pitting, and I was involved in minimal on track action, a little boring, but I was happy for just getting a clean run.

20 laps or so after pitting I made it to P1, and that was pretty much it- I just had to keep it on the tarmac and keep my pace at a good level.

Really happy to have my first win, and from what felt like a race I'd already lost by the end of qualifying o_O

Congrats to everyone that made it to the end, I feel like this track and weather combo was a killer :cry:

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
Highly enjoyable race that one, much better than I hoped for considering my circumstances with my taped up ankle :D. I didn't wanna miss this one as I knew the Porsche is good in the wet so just gritted it out and see what happened (Not gonna lie, it was a bit tender at the end after the 37 laps LOL)...

For qualifying, I had the exact same thing happen to me as @DoR, aswell in my haste of coming out of the pits I forgot to press my pit limiter... oops! (Luckily I noticed fast and only cost me 1 position on the grid). Qualifying was always gonna be a case of if you get out early that would be the faster lap...

As for the race itself, starting from 6th behind @Mattster, I had a great first lap getting ahead of both Mattster and fellow Porsche driver @Seamas111... Then it was just a case of getting into the groove and staying consistent. My setup was built for comfort, I wanted an 'easy' car to drive rather than sheer pace considering my injury. Keeping my nose out of trouble, @Kapo had a little off in front of me at around lap 4/5 and then @eXcole the same at around lap 9/10 and I was up to 2nd... With clean air ahead of me with @TM Touring currently running in 1st. Kapo was holding pace behind and on one lap at turn 1, he put his nose down the inside which completely took me by surprise and made a bit of contact as I turned in (honestly didn't see you coming haha!).. Luckily no damage on my end as it was me of a hit to the side of my car... Going forward, the time between myself and Touring was getting smaller and smaller to the point it came down from 3/4 secs when I got to 2nd to literally less than half at around lap 16/17... I had good pace it seemed at this point of the race over Touring (Meanwhile Kapo following behind was faster than me as his was catching up)... Touring then pits lap 17.. The undercut was good here so I right away pitted the next lap and again upon exit, positions were resumed with Touring just ahead with Kapo who was behind continuing on.. (Thinking this was a scrap for the win at the time... little did we know that DoR was pulling out the undercut of the race :D)

Then my one and only real mistake came... Lap 26 and going side by side into t1 with Touring on the outside, I had the car slowed down perfectly on the outside which put me in prime position for T2... problem is, the puddle (*cough.... lake) on the inside of T2.. and it got me... spun me as tried to correct the car from aquaplaning into the side of touring, span and hit the brakes as hard I could to stop me as I was going head first into the barrier.. Thankfully I missed it by inches.. And that was my chance for any potential win gone... Recovery now from 7th after my off and was a case of just keeping it on the road and maximising any potential mistakes from the other drivers.. Luckily it happened and brought the Porsche home for a good P4 result :)

See you in Dubai! (the tyre burner haha)

Reactions: Touring_27 and Kapo

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Sorry about yesterday night, my internet provider had some problems and had to shut down the connection. It's back now tho so hopefully it only happens this once :p
@S4Howie hopefully you made yourself some screenshots of the race results, so you do the results this week :p

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
If I would stop messing up my own races it would be really great, and I would actually be able to compete in the mid-field of our tier :/

Had some very good, fun and clean laps up until lap 12, where I was really pleasantly surprised by how nice and clean everyone around me was racing. Great fights in harsh conditions.

Anyway by lap 12 I got distracted by a disconnect, missed my braking point, spun and collected @dopey401 on my way out. Really sorry that my mistake caused Dopey to loose 3-4 positions, sorry man :(
After that, I had a hard time shaking that off me, and a couple of laps later I spun again, this time ending up in the middle of the track where @WMDRMartin diddnt have enough time to avoid me, sorry to you as well, I hope you diddnt take too much damage :/

After that I pitted to calm down a bit, and it helped a lot, also because I got better grip after the pitstop. So my pace went up to decent levels, but in Tier 2 you dont get good results when you spin out 3 times ;)

Again, I must say that from what I saw, the race was very clean, and I had feared that there would be a lot more carnage in this race, but people really kept it clean.

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
This has to be the worst race I've ever had and I just couldn't find any grip in any setup I tried. Starting with Qualifying where I invalidated every lap except the last and got a grid penalty for speeding in the pit lane, to the race which was even worse.
Apologies to @ZeroStefan for running into the back of you. I can't face watching the race back but I think I got on the throttle too early and just drove into you on corner exit.
Also sorry to @Kapo - I was letting people through to lap me but didn't notice there was another car (You) there so presume I closed the door on you leaving you you nowhere to go. Hope it didn't affect your final position.
I'm going to try and forget about this race for the rest of time now!!!!!!

Reactions: Kapo

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
If I would stop messing up my own races it would be really great, and I would actually be able to compete in the mid-field of our tier :/

Had some very good, fun and clean laps up until lap 12, where I was really pleasantly surprised by how nice and clean everyone around me was racing. Great fights in harsh conditions.

Anyway by lap 12 I got distracted by a disconnect, missed my braking point, spun and collected @dopey401 on my way out. Really sorry that my mistake caused Dopey to loose 3-4 positions, sorry man :(
After that, I had a hard time shaking that off me, and a couple of laps later I spun again, this time ending up in the middle of the track where @WMDRMartin diddnt have enough time to avoid me, sorry to you as well, I hope you diddnt take too much damage :/

After that I pitted to calm down a bit, and it helped a lot, also because I got better grip after the pitstop. So my pace went up to decent levels, but in Tier 2 you dont get good results when you spin out 3 times ;)

Again, I must say that from what I saw, the race was very clean, and I had feared that there would be a lot more carnage in this race, but people really kept it clean.
Got 9 front damage which probably cost me about 1.5s per lap, but I understand your pov.
Just a tip for next time, either try to get off the racing line as soon as possible, or keep your car perfectly still, because I dove down the inside, but since your car was rolling backwards really slowly I collected you and got damage. (Damn game even gave me an illegal overtake ffs)

Better luck next time ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Lindholdt

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
This has to be the worst race I've ever had and I just couldn't find any grip in any setup I tried. Starting with Qualifying where I invalidated every lap except the last and got a grid penalty for speeding in the pit lane, to the race which was even worse.
Apologies to @ZeroStefan for running into the back of you. I can't face watching the race back but I think I got on the throttle too early and just drove into you on corner exit.
Also sorry to @Kapo - I was letting people through to lap me but didn't notice there was another car (You) there so presume I closed the door on you leaving you you nowhere to go. Hope it didn't affect your final position.
I'm going to try and forget about this race for the rest of time now!!!!!!
@StormENT can fully understand you. not only that was a bad run but also had fps breaks again. if the picture stops at the service, it is all over, so many mistakes and a bad run.
all good @StormENT was just a mistake :)
congratulations to the podium and the rest, great race of you, even if it was not easy ^^

Exodus

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 6, 2018
I have pretty much destroyed my own race.

The start was ok and the first 12 laps or so were also quite good. But once the puddles started to form there was no holding my car back from doing these very nice 270's (aint no Leclerc sadly :( ) - in the end i spun like 6 times in total I think.

Nevertheless had some good racing with @WMDRMartin and almost blessed @eXcole with a heart attack which I'm sorry for ;)

The problem was, that the game showed me a blue flag because @TM Touring was closing in and after I let him by the blue flag disappeared and I actually saw another car gaining and being in the last lap I was like "Hell no, this guy is not passing me on the last corner in the last lap!" and tried to close the door because I mistook you for @Lindholdt who was just 2 seconds behind me at the time.

This was the exact moment the blue flag appeared on my screen again.

So yeah - I'm sorry if I scared you a little @eXcole :p

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: eXcole

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

What an intense race that was.

Qually went well and managed to get out early to get a quick lap in. Started 3rd.

First few laps was hard to get into a rhythm and lost a few positions, but managed to keep it clean and pointing in the right direction. Pitted lap 15 from 7th ish to attempt a mini undercut, but came out in traffic.... I found it so hard to follow another car. Spent the first 10 laps on my new tyres battling @Migzorn (who pitted early with DoR) until he made an error which allowed me past. Great driving man on older tyres (y)

@Murph had his argument with T2 puddle then ran wide allowing me past. I then proceeded to hold him up for a number of laps before finally cracking under the pressure and making an error to let him through for what became 4th. Sorry Murph, but I couldn't let you through without a fight with less than 10 laps to go :p

5th place finish for me after @Kapo spun. Think you would have got me on the last lap Kapo if not for your incident with Storm.....

Great clean racing by all from my point of view, apart from the odd dive bomb at T1 that I witnessed great driving in difficult conditions (y)

S4Howie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 1, 2017
Sry Guys, im still waiting for access to the results sheets. By tomorrow lately by sunday results will be updated.

Reactions: Seamas111