AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 14th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 36 laps (35 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 12 June 2018 - 10:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 12 June 2018 - 12:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@TheRipper
@rillo7105
@DaWu
@Exodus

Last edited:

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Hello gentlemen, i'm afraid you will be without a commentator tonight :/ Kodiak is stepping in for Fisi in tier 1 and i have a 20 page group assignment that's due tonight so i have to prioritize that instead of the commentary :( Either way, have a good race!

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Well, I've no idea what that was.
I had HUGE stutters, it was literally undriveable. Even after I retired to the pits, the lag was still extremely bad. I had no other choice than to shut down the game, else my PC probably would've blown up :p
Well, that's about 6-7 hours of practice down the drain. Really wanted to do good here, but I guess my PC didn't agree :(

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Can someone provide the race replay? Need to take a look at my demise :unsure:

Thanks

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
No idea how I got through all this, but somehow I did:
ss225613.jpg

My best race this season, with a P9. Not the most action-packed race after Flæsk got by me, but managed to do decent paced clean laps and stay out of trouble.

Grats to @Kapo @Murph and @dopey401 with the podiums :)

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
So disappointed. This seemed to be my best race of the season for pace and really think my first podium was up for grabs. I lost .5 in the first bend during qualifying avoiding someone spinning out but still managed to get within .6 of pole. This gave me confidence that I'd have good race pace but I'm the flying pink lambo in the picture above which says it all really. I'll upload my POV in the morning after I'm slightly less annoyed!!!!

I got 100 rear damage from this hit so dived straight in the pits. Just to make matters worse it took me ages to change my pit strategy to repair all damage and when I finally got out the pits I was 25 odd seconds off the back of the field and only just over 10 seconds in front of being lapped by first place.

This is the closest I've ever come to rage quitting but with steam coming out of my ears and powered by pure anger I battled on and tried to make the best of things.

1st place wasn't catching me toooo quickly and I was pulling away from 2nd and 3rd. I managed to get past a few people when they pitted and then had a good battle with @ShaggyDan towards the end of the race.

I'm happy I didn't make any mistakes from lap 2 on but disappointed with what could have been. Oh well, that's racing I guess.

dopey401

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 30, 2018
So first of all i did not expect to get on the podium after my Qualifying.
Had a decent lap but it was simply not fast enough. Everything was so close that 0.200 seconds decided to be on P7 or P13 :D

So starting 13th i decided to take an early pitstop to get out of dirty air.
Luckily i survived lap 1 and managed to get out of the pits in free air.

After that it was a pretty lonely race.
At the end i got from 13th to 3rd with only one and a half overtake, my teammate @Migzorn was so kind to let me pass.

I am glad i managed to get till the end without any major mistakes.
After the practice races i had nightmares about these car murdering kerbs :D

Congratulations to @Kapo and @Murph To P1+2!

Reactions: Kapo

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
@DoR that was a bad misunderstanding between us and bad luck we have touched. I do not know who is to blame but I'm sorry that your race was over :( I'm also sorry for those who got in there

Reactions: DoR

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Good qually for me putting the porsche p6. Undone on the exit of 130r putting it in the wall all by myself.... came out the pits a lap down and managed to claw my way back to 19th.

Congrats to the podium and all those who kept it on track. That was a tough one.

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
@ZeroStefan - I've had a look, and it looks like it's 50/50. During the race I thought you turned in on me, and too early, as my car turned right instead of left as you touched the rear of my car, but the replay shows us both coming together equally :cry:

I don't think I can see any blame, we both just went for the same thing, and it ended miserably... :(

Reactions: ZeroStefan

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
my POV of the big one:

What a race for me - totally unexpected Top 5 result here. But after practise race No. 1, i already suspected that i've - by some kind of miracle - had found a very good setup, balance and tyre temps and pressures on point. Insane how close the Quali gaps in this tier are - a .6 gap between starting position #5 and #17 !!! You lose .2 of a second, you'll start 3-4 rows further back...very very happy right now :-D

Congrats to everyone who made it through and to our podium drivers.

Murph

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2018
Crazy how everyone was very fast here. Probably the most competitive race of the season in regards to the pace of everyone which is great. As for me I can't of hoped for much better. Qualifying was almost perfect until @Kapo took it on the end of the session (it would of been closer too, I caught up with someone on the back straight to 130R and due to dirty air didn't go full power through that one and the last bend).

As for the race I didn't get the best of starts starting from 2nd. Went a little too wide on corner entry and with @DoR on the inside making a aggressive but still fair move I was pushed out wide onto the safety tarmac and down to 5th. Then the big one happened at 130R, had prime view of the events with being behind DoR and @ZeroStefan as it happened and in my view neither driver were to blame, was the slightest of touches and the way the cars tapped each other neither driver should be held responsible (I blame the game physics haha!)

Back up to 3rd and the matter of catching @TM Touring who was about a second and half up the road with Kapo pulling out a small gap ahead and @Pitti closely behind. Was a case of just relaxing and getting into the groove. I was quite happy to follow Touring as at the start of the race was when there was the highest chance of the tyres of overheating which would effect the race in the long run. Up to about lap 8-9 now and got to the point I was happy to start pushing. Catching up behind Touring a tenth or two a lap to the point where i was probably a car length or 2 behind.

Then the scariest part of the race happened for me.. I noticed Touring's car was acting a bit sketchy on corner exit on some turns and as an observation it looked like he was having issues with tyre temps. Suddenly on the last corner after 130R following him, his rear left catches the grass and sends him into a spin on the start finish straight and I was so, so close to being collected (literally i held the brake so hard and just drove into your tyre smoke praying for the best...) Luckily I missed him by a few inches and could breathe. Pitti was close behind now so I couldn't take it easy too much but after that the Porsche just drove fantastic and was putting in some really good and more importantly consistant pace...

Gap to Kapo was about 10 seconds and pretty much was the same distance all race long. (Well done by the way, great drive! :D) ... Pit stop when smoothly when I pitted (took a bit more extra caution as I didn't want to throw away my position with a speeding penalty on pit entry)... Also well done to everyone with the track limit penalties.. I was expecting so much more (I think in the practice race I was getting close to being DQ'ed haha...) but everyone behaved and did well...

See you in the rain at Oulton Park :D