AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 21th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15 August 2018 - 10:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 15 August 2018 - 13:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Exodus

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Since this track can only host 26 drivers max, no reserves are allowed to race unless they are told otherwise before the race

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Greetings everyone, i havent been as active as i have wanted since uni is ramping up like hell for christmas exams, and ive been awake for 27hrs now as my group had to fix an emergency for a presentation today. So i regret to say that i simply wont be able to stay awake till the race starts tonight for commentary.. I think im letting you guys down, and i hope you understand my pov

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'm gonna have to use the same excuse as @TheRipper. I'm still stuck at work for another couple hours which means I won't make it home in time. But @S4Howie will still be there so you won't be completely cod-free :)

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
I'm afraid Insul and Fisi are both unwell tonight, so I will be filling in for Fisi again for T1, meaning sadly you guys will not have a stream tonight.

WMDRMartin

GP2 Test Driver
Oct 31, 2017
I had a brilliant undercut and had got pretty deep into the points

1 spin

2 spins

3 spins

And a punt into the wall to finish it off

Don't worry @StormENT , sending me into the wall was merely the icing on the :poop: cake, I won't raise an enquiry

I hope everyone else had a better race, my car can't handle **** in the rain on this game

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Qually went ok for me getting out of the pits reasonably quicky to get p8.

Then a wheel on the grass at turn 2 on the 1st lap put me to the back of the grid....:sick:

Have to say amazing driving by everyone buried in the pack- no visibility and nose to tail, but no contact (y)

Pitted early to get some clean air, Lap 10 I think. Undercut worked a treat and tyre wear wasn't as bad as I thought. Finishing p7 in the end

Thanks to @eXcole for some smart clean driving after I exited the pits and caught up to you.

Also @Migzorn - That was a fantastic battle we had! Nail biting stuff for what felt like half the race. Really enjoyable that a move around the outside of the second chicane doesn't end in contact with both of us holding our lines great driving :cool:

Congrats to @Kapo and the podium.

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Well done everyone, was great racing tonight!

@Kapo congrats on the win! I made two mistakes but you deserved it for how clean and faultless you drove!

My two mistakes.. stalling coming out the pits so we were neck and neck when I rejoined, and then after you got ahead, losing control after t3 and hitting the wall o_O

11 front aero and 15 front left suspension... I debated coming in but felt I had to stay out for any chance of a top 3..

After that it was an exercise in damage limitation, as I had @TM Touring and @Murph closing in!

With the damage I was around 1.5 seconds a lap slower and I was certain I was going to lose 2nd and 3rd to them as they were easily fast enough.

Somehow, 15 laps later I was still holding 2nd and crossing the line, couldn't quite believe it!

See you all next week :)

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
Tough break for me, I had my worst Q Session of the year, couldn't get a decent banker in and shanked the other laps.

Start was ok, like @Seamas111 said - really nice to see everyone keep their cool and take care. I made up quite some track positions, until..........i suddenly was unsure wether I had my lights on. So i switched them off instead of on, and in order to check if it's ok, i had to switch camera angles (using jardier-cam, you can't see if your lights are on), what made me go off track in the fast penultimate right hander. To make it worse, i think it was ryan winch who sailed off track a few seconds later right in the same corner right into me for significant aero and suspension damage. Next, i had to prematurely pit, but used my preset strategy wich was changing rear tyres, no repairs. So I had to immediately do a second stop to repair things a lap later, what sent my all the way to the back of the field. Such a shame, because exiting pits, i had no problems whatsoever to follow @DoR and @Kapo , what showed the real potential of my setup. A special shout out to @LeoNTheSickOne , who generously helped me with some really nice setup hints, you're the man!

The rest of the race was strategy "floor it!"...could get back up to my teammate @eXcole and @Cravgar and pick up some extra points in the final seconds of the race.

To sum it up: The problem in this race has been located between steering-wheel and chair. Result has to be swallowed with a double shot of Whiskey and then move on with my life.

eXcole

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2018
I was stuck behind @Pitti and @ShaggyDan early on and felt like i could do better times, so pitted early to try and undercut them. Came out right behind @bigPapaBeard and being the idiot that i am, this happened:
2018-11-21 23-18-24.gif

Lifted momentarily when he sheered to the left, but thought he was a goner for sure, so kept the pedal down. Obviously he avoided the wall and then i thought he FOR SURE would spin out to the right (like i did) and i could fly past. Nope. Watched your stream back Papa, you dont need to feel bad at all, i terribly misjudged the situation bc i didn't want to lose time. So my fault alone for hitting you.
Got some aero and suspension damage, but not enough to come in and repair it, that would definitely put me at the back (with overtaking very hard). Took a bit to get accustomed to the new setup, thats why i didn't fight you @Seamas111

I could have salvaged a better result, but i was slower in some corners due to the suspension damage, so had to make time up in others und was pushing..:
2018-11-21 23-26-26.gif

:rolleyes: Only realised watching the replay that @tRIP.. spun while avoiding, sorry about that. There just wasn't any time to get going again safely.

Last edited:

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
That was a good racing guys! I was lucky this time I guess. I had the worst Q of the season, dont know why but I wasnt even close to my best time(1:37's) Race start was very clean, I was on the inside of @Murph and managed to get pass him. In the first few laps I was behind at @DoR , he was very fast, I couldnt catch him, so I wanted to pit early for an undercut. While I was choosing my pit strategy I went out and lost few seconds there and I thought undercutting wont help me.. Surprisingly, we were side by side when DoR was exiting the pits, I was on the inside and I passed him before the second corner. After that unfortunately, he had a crash and I was lucky to hold the first place until the end..

I had a scary moment with @StormENT which was unfortunate for him :(
Project CARS 2 2018.11.21 - 23.02.46.08-3262-9-1542911925645.1.gif

See you all next week :)

Attachments

Reactions: jaycoool and DoR

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Urghhhh this race. Started off really well and was in a good battle following @tRIP.. and @Mattster. Then at the end of lap 6 I got a shunt from behind and picked up some damage. Trying to recover I pushed too hard and had a spin, then crashed into @WMDRMartin, then hit the bollard at the chicane which meant I couldn't steer. I decided to call it a day but the "Retire To Pit" button wasn't working and my car rolled back on the track and nearly hit @Kapo. Thankfully at the last second my car disappeared from the road.
All the "hilarity" can be seen below

Reactions: jaycoool and Kapo