Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 28th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Race: 39 laps (38 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 9 September 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
@TicklishPicklewickle ty for updating. Could you say a quick word about the starting grid for this one? Does it matter, if anyone has participated in every race or are there two groups (full attendance, guys who missed races separately)?

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
@TicklishPicklewickle ty for updating. Could you say a quick word about the starting grid for this one? Does it matter, if anyone has participated in every race or are there two groups (full attendance, guys who missed races separately)?
The starting order will be purely based on the standings as you see them in the results thread. No magic tricks like we did last season since a lot of people were not happy about that :p

jaycoool

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 6, 2018
The starting order will be purely based on the standings as you see them in the results thread. No magic tricks like we did last season since a lot of people were not happy about that :p
If I may - gentlemen - this is your starting grid for Spa Franchorchamps (odds on the right):

2018-11-27 11_47_04-Microsoft Excel - Spa starting order.png

I left out @rillo7105 and @DaWu who seemingly will not participate in the race.

Midweekcoma

Formula Karter
Feb 6, 2018
I won't be attending tonight's race. Left foot is swollen like a balloon and have no idea why. I did think about driving one footed but have decided against it so I destroy anyone's race. Good luck to all and I'll be watching the stream

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
I wont make it to the race either, really sorry guys.
Will catch you all next week.
Gl and hf ☺

Ryan-Winch

Pro Karter
May 28, 2018
What could have been my best race in AOR! . After pitting from 3rd on lap 21/22 and filtering out into a competitive filed, I lost all connection to the server. Apologies for the delay at the start too everyone!

Insulaventus

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 20, 2018
Some of the best battles i've seen in my commentary career! Congrats to @ZeroStefan who is on the top step of the podium with @Murph in second after a fantastic race from the rear of the grid, and last step on the podium goes to @Mattster :) Amazing drift battles between @IAteAGnomeOnce and @GreaseMonkey aswell as @TM Touring massive lap 1 crash makes it a VOD to check out.

Check it out here:

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
No words, no damn words...

Started my home race on the third row, overtook people right off the bat, after running a stable P2 I took the lead for probably the first time in my AOR career. Eventually got passed by @ZeroStefan , who was way too fast for me. Then the game decides to hand me some sh*t penalties but hey, i'm still running P2 so no problem.
After running three quarters of the race in second, practically sweating bullets because this is a wheel setup and i'm hardly ever up this high on the grid, I decide to pit. I rejoin in P3.
Then this sad excuse for a game decides to run at anywhere between 5 and 10 frames per second for over a lap, costing me P3 to @Mattster. Since my game is still acting like a stuck up Atari game I lost more time, enabling someone else to pass me as well. Then the framerate finally fixed itself, after a few laps of complete bullsh*t. By that time, @Pitti was close enough to send it down the inside for the double left hander after No Name. This forced me off line, causing my car to destabilise and send me into the wall. I still had hopes to salvage a top ten finish with 2 laps to go, despite the obscene amounts of damage my car got. The next lap I get a screen freeze that lasted like 10 seconds, and when I could finally see where the hell I was I had already smashed into the barriers.

I finished P14, which should have been P3 if it weren't for this sh*tty excuse for a racing sim.
I know some of you had worse races than me, but to be f*cked over this badly by the game when for the first time in 3 seasons I was finally going to score a podium again (at my home race, nonetheless), having been up front for 35/39 laps, is just too damn much for me to handle.

I am retiring from the league indefinitely, I hope to see you guys again in another season.

• Informative
Reactions: Insulaventus

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
@WMDRMartin i completely understand where you are coming from, I had stuttering lag spikes the entire race which was scary whenever near anyone!

@GreaseMonkey I’ve sent you a discoed already but I’ll apologise for the incident on the start/finish, after the tangle with @jaycoool i was concentrating on getting back to him and hadn’t seen your got a run up the inside, first thing I knew about you being there was when I slid into the wall! Completely my fault!

And now to the others and my summary of this race....complete and utter shambles guys. Whoever of you thinks that you can go wide at eu rogue and then over take someone is just plain disrespectful. Also, if you out brake yourself into a corner and overtake doing it you give the position back.... it’s your responsibility to overtake cleanly and if you can’t then you stay behind the guy in front. Just because you think or are faster doesn’t give you the right to ‘cheat’ your way past another driver. quite honestly if this is the racing we can expect in tier 2 I’ll just quit right now. I’m absolutely disgusted with it. There’s two drivers in particular that did this to me tonight, I hope no one else had to experience this, if you did I urge you to report it. When I’ve calmed down it will be reported but seriously guys let’s build our community rather than **** each other off, a little respect is all it takes and some of you clearly are struggling to give that to other drivers.

Rant over
Ps @WMDRMartin @dopey401 @jaycoool really good battles tonight

Last edited:

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
I apologise to @Kapo and @jaycoool for collecting you guys when my wheel disconnected but there was nothing I could do :(. Overall, even though I had good pace that was still my worse race on AOR and kinda sums up how unlucky I have been this season... I'll see you guys in the next one then

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
Can someone tell me if 11X_Blade should have even been in the race ? I cannot see that he's in the league, yet he was there, and part of the 3 wide that led to all the chaos :unsure:

Sorry for anyone who got collected in that, it was horrible !

If he is in the league, he drove recklessly and shouldn't have even been in the position he was in just prior to the incident- he dive bombed me and @GreaseMonkey at la source, hit GreaseMonkey in doing so, and as a result it lead directly to the 3 of us being level heading down to eau rouge .

If he wasn't supposed to be in the league, we might need to look at a new password ...

Reactions: dopey401

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hours of practice put in, setups, strategies, testing, social races, all for the official race to be practically over by lap 4. All through sheer impatience and pub lobby style driving. An hour and a half race and people are trying to barge there way to the top 10 in a matter of just a few laps. This is not what this league is about. Divebombing, barging, contact, I don't tolerate that ****. And I certainly can't abide by pretending that going 3 wide into Eau Rouge will work.

Someone has to have a sensible head on there shoulders in this situation. I wasn't the only one collected by this stupidity either.

I get that there's going to be incidents, and not every race is going to go well for everyone, and yes there are going to be casualties along the way - that's just racing. Regardless, there is a reason why so many people sign up to be a part of this league - CLEAN and SENSIBLE racing. By all means, be aggressive, just don't ruin anyone else's race as you do it.

Please take it more easy in the future.

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
Can someone tell me if 11X_Blade should have even been in the race ? I cannot see that he's in the league, yet he was there, and part of the 3 wide that led to all the chaos :unsure:

Sorry for anyone who got collected in that, it was horrible !

If he is in the league, he drove recklessly and shouldn't have even been in the position he was in just prior to the incident- he dive bombed me and @GreaseMonkey at la source, hit GreaseMonkey in doing so, and as a result it lead directly to the 3 of us being level heading down to eau rouge .

If he wasn't supposed to be in the league, we might need to look at a new password ...
I would love to know if he was vetted in a social race or something. I don't remember seeing him tho.

Reactions: dopey401 and DoR

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
great race guys had some good battles and cant believe i got p5o_O.... couldve been p4 but got a penalty last lap .also made an error following the lead pack earlier on and binned it:poop::rolleyes: .was on softs and didnt change em so with all the battles had absolutely nothing left at the end and could hardly make the corners:eek:o_Onever doin that again:LOL:!!!!
definitely highlight of my season as ill be at the back again for last 2 races:ROFLMAO:
congrats to the winners (y)and commiserations for those that had a bad one . hopefully will have better luck in the last 2 races(y)

Reactions: Mattster and eXcole