AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Cravgar

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
11x blade does not appear as a username when you do an @...... so looks like we have been sabotaged? if not and he is legit then why are his names different as per the rules they should be the same?

Reactions: Murph and DoR

dopey401

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 30, 2018
Yeah pretty sad getting knocked out like this because of a guy no one has ever seen
And yes he drove dangerously going for gaps that were not there
Getting really tired doing 400laps+ on a track to learn how the car behaves in battles and different situations, learning how to leave people space in corners and what is possible and what is not.

Also went very carefully the first laps just to make sure to survive it because you know that the field is going to be very close.
And this means that you have to lift sometimes because it is simply impossible to overtake!!!

As @DoR and @tRIP.. alread mentioned
Divebonbing and unsafe driving was a real problem this time especially from 11XBlade who just wanted to plow through the field with taking too much risk
Even after getting contact with other deivers or going off the track he did not back off

Seriously if this happens again i will throw my car in the corner going maximum defensive even if my race will be ruined
As the guy driving in front i don't want to be worried every corner to get smashed by someone who just misses his brake point or just throws his car besides me

I had a few nice battles going on today with familiar drivers

But being the new guy trying to get as fast as possible to the front without taking care is a no go in my opinion

Normally i am not the guy who wants incidents to be investigated by the stewards but if this will be the only way to let people know they are responsible for their actions on the track i may give it a try

This season was so nice to drive so far but things are going in a completely wrong direction

Even in the pracitce races the level of aggresive driving is rising to a level that it is no fun anymore.

Taking some days off now and hopefully the involved guys will think about their track behaviour in the future so we can nice and clean races again

Last edited:
Reactions: DoR and Kapo

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
Someone asked about the guy while we where still in the lobby (forgot who it was), but afair there was no answer from him or Ticklish (who himself was probably occupied with getting Ryan in, thinking about it). Could also have been a name change. Or some special guest like Andrex (which we shouldn't do for interference reasons), first season, can't know everybody, yada yada. I kinda forgot about him when we finally got to the grid and also didn't notice him standing all the way at the back.

But now i'm kinda wondering if thats the first time something like that happened? Would actually surprise me, since the secret password really isn't that big of a secret. Just needs someone once asking for it and its said live on a stream - for example. It just prevents random players from joining. Would sadly also be the case if we change it regularly.

There could always be a guy who knows it and just gets in with the intent to sabotage the race. Even if it just delays the start. Or someone who is actually stupid enough to think he can just randomly join an organised league race without permission or reading anything in the forums. Sorry. But its either very bold to even get in discord, or stupid. And we are stupid for not asking again and letting it happen. Thats sadly also the truth.

Then again we have (a) coordinator/s which we (should) rely on, that everything is in order, fair, according to rules etc. Ofcourse mistakes can happen, but in this case it had a great impact. It should definitely be standard procedure to check if everyone in the lobby is actually allowed there before starting, bc as i said, it isn't that hard to get in. Also, the coordinator is the best informed person and (should) know about any changes or irregularities regarding the grid or something else without someone pointing it out. So i wouldn't count that as an excuse. Maybe thats also a (or the) reason no one said anything anymore.

I was right in front of that guy and had JUST cleared the apex, could've easily been me. I would be furious too.

That said, i don't try to blame Ticklish, especially if it's really the first time that happened. Just a good example to learn from and easy to avoid in the future, just wanted to formulate my thoughts on the matter.

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
First of all, I have to say that this is a good race.

What you see about the new guy is really dangerous and unnecessary i think it was x11 blade :/

But I have to express my respect for @Cravgar @eaZed neptune and @WMDRMartin ! The first rounds were very tight and the fight at the top was clean what I saw there! I'm really sorry that you fell so back then, you deserve it.

I have not heard much about the incidents behind me but that's a pity for the driver who hit it :(

I hope that it will be better next race :)

DoR

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 11, 2018
It was me who'd asked who he was, but before I knew it, we were already heading in to the race- I heard a response but didn't make out what was said, so I presumed he was Ok to race. Obviously that wasn't the case, and it seems like he has joined thinking it's an open / social race. He also left pretty much straight away after that incident.

With that said, he drives like a lunatic and I wouldn't want to be on the same track as him again.

It crossed my mind in the moment just before it all went to sh*t that it wasn't going to end up well, I wish I had backed out of that particular situation.. :(

If I make it to the next two races, I'd like to personally check the list of drivers before we start !

fläsk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2018
Luckily enough I was never cought in any big accidents that wasn't caused by mistakes of my own (which didn't affect anyone else that I know of atleast). Started of the race pretty good moving up to P3 early on trying to put on some preassure onto @WMDRMartin but binning it out of Blanchimont and catching a massive slide, much to the amazement of @Insulaventus I didn't put it in the wall. After that I had 2 more spins one which left me with aero and suspension damage and the ensuing pit stop saw me drop down to 18th right behind @Kapo whom I spent the rest of the race trying to chase down. @GreaseMonkey later joined me in a nice drift battle for the remainder of the race, something that @Insulaventus seemed to quite enjoy ;)

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So a response to the 11X Blade situation
I gotta admit that I myself did notice him in the lobby, but as we don't have a direct rule that says it is forbidden to have another name on Steam compared to AOR, I thought little of it. Figured it was one of the drivers who changed their name on Steam recently. That was obviously not good enough and I should've investigated it further. As some have pointed out, I was focused on helping Ryan get into the lobby so he could race.
I will look into possibly getting this guy perma-banned from AOR for joining a league race he didn't sign up to, but either way if we see someone we don't know in the future we will change the password to something else that's specific for our tier rather than just the generic password.
Again, I apologize for not doing something about it and I'm awfully sorry that this guy ruined the race for several people. There's not much to be done about it now, but I promise it won't happen again

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
Well another crazy and frustrating race for me that started by being hit once, then twice and ending up in the wall before I'd even got to Eau Rouge.

At this point I was losing about 2 seconds a lap due to missing down force and also a loss in engine power. I didn't have any engine damage but presume the front damage effects air intake or something as people were breezing past me on the straights and I was nearly 20k off my expected speed at the end of straights. Although I knew I was losing time I didn't want to pit until I could put enough fuel in to get to the end of the race.

So after a painful few laps I entered the pits, took on fuel to get me to the end, and spent 8 or so seconds fixing my damage. I emerged from the pits in 17th at the start of lap 8, less than a second in front of @Murph. The car felt so much better straight away and I started to increase my pace back to normal. For the next 20 odd laps I had a great battle with @Murph, changing positions and always within a second or two of each other. I'd settled into a nice rhythm and despite the issues at the start of the race had made my way up into 4th and was even starting to pull a gap to @Murph. @ZeroStefan was 40 seconds ahead and flying but @WMDRMartin was only 25 seconds ahead so I felt very confident I'd be in 2nd after the pit stops were done.

Then on lap 27 coming into melmedy I had a slight freeze in my rift. Nothing too serious and I felt the rear slide so countered and slowly left the track on the left. A slight graze of the wall and all was looking good with zero damage. I turned to ease back onto the track, lost the back end, rejoined the track, left the track on the opposite side, hit the wall and picked up 30 suspension damage and 17 front.

I got going again in 5th but the damage was too much. @Mattster came past straight away and by the time I got to the pits @eaZed neptune had made up 4 seconds on me and was on my tail. 27 seconds of repairs later I rolled down the pit lane with more anger than I've ever felt in a race. My accident had cost me about a minute so I decided to throw caution to the wind and drive it like I stole it.

I guess the only consolation was 2 laps later I got the fastest lap with a 2:19.7 , then 2 laps after that @dopey401 emerged from the pits in front of me. @dopey401 sorry if I was a little aggressive for the last few laps. I was totally triggered and didn't have a calm head on! I probably overtook @dopey401 4 or 5 times, only to fly off the track at the next corner. This carried on until the end of the race and at least gave me a few laps of enjoyment.

@Insulaventus Well done for managing to solo commentate for so long. Really enjoyed watching the stream back. Also sorry for sneaking in the pits early. I wondered why you sounded so confused when I said I'd thrown away 2nd place :ROFLMAO:

Congrats to @ZeroStefan for the win and to @TM Touring for being so damn fast all race!!!! Really unlucky you had that incident on the first lap.

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
Finally good race for me this season. Didn't start great , some people are overaggressive as always and i had some damage, losing over 2 sec on the straights. Pit early as possible to refuel 28 liters. Make the repairs and i was on pace again. The good thing is that i rejoin the track after @Murph and @eXcole and they was very fast and i manage to put some good laps at the end overtake @WMDRMartin for the 3th place.
Thanks for the fair racing to them and also to @eaZed neptune and @StormENT and congrats to all podium and top 10 finishers

Last edited:

WMDRMartin

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Well another crazy and frustrating race for me that started by being hit once, then twice and ending up in the wall before I'd even got to Eau Rouge.

At this point I was losing about 2 seconds a lap due to missing down force and also a loss in engine power. I didn't have any engine damage but presume the front damage effects air intake or something as people were breezing past me on the straights and I was nearly 20k off my expected speed at the end of straights. Although I knew I was losing time I didn't want to pit until I could put enough fuel in to get to the end of the race.

So after a painful few laps I entered the pits, took on fuel to get me to the end, and spent 8 or so seconds fixing my damage. I emerged from the pits in 17th at the start of lap 8, less than a second in front of @Murph. The car felt so much better straight away and I started to increase my pace back to normal. For the next 20 odd laps I had a great battle with @Murph, changing positions and always within a second or two of each other. I'd settled into a nice rhythm and despite the issues at the start of the race had made my way up into 4th and was even starting to pull a gap to @Murph. @ZeroStefan was 40 seconds ahead and flying but @WMDRMartin was only 25 seconds ahead so I felt very confident I'd be in 2nd after the pit stops were done.

Then on lap 27 coming into melmedy I had a slight freeze in my rift. Nothing too serious and I felt the rear slide so countered and slowly left the track on the left. A slight graze of the wall and all was looking good with zero damage. I turned to ease back onto the track, lost the back end, rejoined the track, left the track on the opposite side, hit the wall and picked up 30 suspension damage and 17 front.

I got going again in 5th but the damage was too much. @Mattster came past straight away and by the time I got to the pits @eaZed neptune had made up 4 seconds on me and was on my tail. 27 seconds of repairs later I rolled down the pit lane with more anger than I've ever felt in a race. My accident had cost me about a minute so I decided to throw caution to the wind and drive it like I stole it.

I guess the only consolation was 2 laps later I got the fastest lap with a 2:19.7 , then 2 laps after that @dopey401 emerged from the pits in front of me. @dopey401 sorry if I was a little aggressive for the last few laps. I was totally triggered and didn't have a calm head on! I probably overtook @dopey401 4 or 5 times, only to fly off the track at the next corner. This carried on until the end of the race and at least gave me a few laps of enjoyment.

@Insulaventus Well done for managing to solo commentate for so long. Really enjoyed watching the stream back. Also sorry for sneaking in the pits early. I wondered why you sounded so confused when I said I'd thrown away 2nd place :ROFLMAO:

Congrats to @ZeroStefan for the win and to @TM Touring for being so damn fast all race!!!! Really unlucky you had that incident on the first lap.
I'm honestly seeing more people get screen freezes in this game than in the previous one, it's quite ridiculous that despite selling so well the game stability is still :poop:.
Pretty much a parallel situation for the both of us, we both could've had a podium if it wasn't for that nonsense.

On a more positive note, I wouldn't have been able to lead for a quarter of the race if it weren't for you so thanks for that mate, we'd make decent teammates I'd say ;)

Best of luck for the rest of the season

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
@eXcole great battle we had :) you must have been very frustrated watching me gain time on the straights only to hold you up in the twisty bits. My slippery set up was my downfall though as i suffered massively with tyre wear. Great driving and sorry for the aggressive chop after my move around the outside. Thought there was a little more space.

Reactions: ZeroStefan

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
@Seamas111 No worries mate, i was braking anyway so i wouldn't drift to the outside on exit, was exactly the right amount so nothing happened. My tyres came back a bit around that time, so got lucky with you going wide, but as you saw i couldn't pull much of a gap afterwards without calling a towing company.

Great drive, if you could please qualify in front of me in texas, that would be great. :D

ZeroStefan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 26, 2018
I think it was a good and clean race (apart from the blade incident) even if I do not know all the incidents. Also, I want to pay attention to the "slow" drivers who walk in the back of the table and do not attract attention. Many were fast here and I'm glad if that stays that way to fight so well in the future!

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
Cheers man, but it just seems luck (technology wise) has not been on my side at all this season but I congratulate you on getting the fastest lap cause 19s where very hard to get in that race :)