AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 9 - Texas Road | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 2 - ROUND 9 - Texas Road

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Seamas111

AOR PC GT3 S10 T5 Champion
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,

Qualified 17th and was in for a tough race buried deep in the pack.

Had some great close racing with @jaycoool early on. Not the first time this season. Great stuff (y)

Found myself in 10th after Flask spun and set about chasing down the guys ahead. Caught up to @GreaseMonkey eventually who was having an almighty battle with @ShaggyDan and @Migzorn. It was quite early, lap 18ish I think but I thought no way in hell I'm getting involved in that so I dived into the pits and attempted an undercut.

After my stop I immediately had to slow out of the pits to let the leaders through. On fresh tyres vs @Kapo and @Murph on 20 lap old ones I manged to just about keep up...lol.

Undercut worked a treat though and I managed to jump Gmonkey and Shaggy.

Thanks @StormENT and @eaZed neptune for keeping the mid race interesting. Great to be able to run so close together with no contact :cool:

Congrats to Kapo for the well deserved championship and to the podium for showing the rest of us how it should be done.

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
@Seamas111 yeah that was cool had some good racing again ..i couldnt hold any of you off though you were all too fast and the more i defended the more errors i made :p.
i took 2 front aero damage on lap 4just glancing the wall so pit lap 5
used same strat as last time 1 set of tyres and pray:LOL:.i tend to go backwards on track but forwards with the pits :ROFLMAO:
last 2-3 laps tyres were gone :rolleyes:
somehow finished p8 which is way better than i expected from 22nd
good race all and congrats to the winners

Reactions: Kapo and Seamas111

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
After having incidents in the last few races, this one almost went to plan. I was in 8th from the first lap but found it REALLY hard to overtake anyone at this track. I had lots of issues during my practice race so gave myself lots more rear wing which made me a bit too slow round the oval to make an attack. However what I lost in speed I gained under braking into turn 3.
Up until lap lap 11 there was only a couple of seconds from @Lindholdt in 4th and myself in 8th. I spent most of that time glued to @eXcole - Then at the start of the lap I lost the back end round the banking but managed to ride the wall round the outside with no damage and only losing a couple of seconds. Later that lap @tRIP.. and @GreaseMonkey had a coming together to allow me to slip past into 6th.
Lap 12 and pushing hard to get back on the tail of @eXcole I lost the back end and had a half spin on the grass costing me another 5 seconds. This had the other unfortunate side effect of losing the slip stream and I spent the next 11 laps with no one in front until I pitted on lap 23.
I came out the pits right behind @Seamas111 in 19th place who was a lap behind @Murph and @Kapo who hadn't pitted yet. I managed to overtake @Seamas111 at the end of the lap and stole the slipstream from the leaders until they both pitted, following them past @neptune to take 13th.
As @Murph came into the pits, @Migzorn emerged in front of me so I still had that valuable slipstream and 21 laps to go. Lap 35 and we both slipped past @DoR, along with @Seamas111 who had also been on my tail for some time.
We all eventually caught @Lindholdt who in turn caught Ryan to make our train 5 cars long. @Lindholdt and Ryan came together at the start of lap 39 which allowed myself and @Migzorn to sneak through and allowed me to finally break free of @Seamas111 .
At the end of lap 40 @Migzorn had a slide which just allowed me to overtake on the brakes entering the banking. I was up into 5th......... for 4 turns when I also had some oversteer and lost the place again.
@Migzorn didn't make any more mistakes and defended perfectly so despite my best efforts I was unable to get back past so finished in 6th.

Thanks for some great racing by the people around me and well done to @Kapo for the Drivers championship.