PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Main Thread

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

AOR Project CARS GT3 Leagues - Season 11
PC Tier 3 - Main Thread

This is the main thread for the PC GT3 Tier 3 League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator: @poisike78
Race Host: @poisike78
Back-up Host: TBA

Drivers and Teams:

Last edited:

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Welcome to AOR GT3 S11 Tier 3! I'm Your coordinator, If You have any questions or problems then feel free to contact me. If You have any problems with me then You are free to contact any of the league overseers (You can find the contacts in league information thread).

Drivers:
@Andrei Voicu
@Anduaa
@Blunboi
@Capitalist
@Captain Slow
@Clank24401
@Corvo7
@Cyteless
@D.Brezancic
@ddd3
@Deerladog
@dr_green
@Duip
@Gurken Koenig
@Henry Gordan
@kralor
@krop
@LiboCZ
@mikeself
@Nila
@poisike78
@venquessa
@VoodooChild
@Xeonski
@Zachflange
@ZeFau

Reservers:
@chabas
@Pirate
@Szekely915
@spacemonkee78
@Welchy10

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I think my choice of shitbox this season is likely going to be the Renault, M6, the Ginetta lawnmower or the McLaren (God help me). If anyone else is insane enough to be also leaning towards these cars, give me a nudge :p

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I think my choice of shitbox this season is likely going to be the Renault, M6, the Ginetta lawnmower or the McLaren (God help me). If anyone else is insane enough to be also leaning towards these cars, give me a nudge :p
Not sure how to give You a nudge or what does that actually mean, but I'm always leaning towards BMW. Not sure if M6 or Z4 this time.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
The M6 is probably the fastest of those cars, but I'm looking for something stable too, so I'm torn.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
The M6 is probably the fastest of those cars, but I'm looking for something stable too, so I'm torn.
I actually seem to be faster with the Z4 on the 3 tracks that I have tested. M6 feels more stable for me with the setup I have been using for 2 seasons. I'm just fed up with how heavy the M6 feels after driving the GT5 Ginetta. Z4 feels more interesting to drive.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
The Z4 has the issue of I cant steal people's setups :p and I thought the McLaren was faster, look how that went for me

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
After we've gone round in circles testing the same few cars over and over again for a week, if we're both back at the M6 do you fancy reviving Team Norfolk & Chance? ;)

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Yay! Happy to be here again with you guys. :D And thank you once more @poisike78 for being our host. Concerning car choice, I only know that it's not going to be the McLaren this time. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: LiboCZ

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
After we've gone round in circles testing the same few cars over and over again for a week, if we're both back at the M6 do you fancy reviving Team Norfolk & Chance? ;)
Yeah, lets see how it goes. I would have nothing against teaming up with You. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Z4, but that doesn't really mean anything. I wanted to select something else last season, but ended up in the M6...

Yay! Happy to be here again with you guys. :D And thank you once more @poisike78 for being our host. Concerning car choice, I only know that it's not going to be the McLaren this time. ;)
Sure is nice to be in a tier with familiar names for a change, I agree.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
In my previous testing the M6 seemed unstable for me, now I think something has clicked and it feels fine all of a sudden. You just have to rub it the right way, that's all.

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
woohoo season 11 ...last season i was in t5 awsome racin was had in there hope for it to continue in here:cool: still not sure what car to drive was driving lambo last season and thinking maclaren this time around.. also would be good to team up if any 1 fancy having a snail for a team m8 lol

Reactions: Ranno

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
@Welchy10 As far as I can see, You did not take part in any evaluation race? So You need to take part in Tuesdays practice race > https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...l-algarve-tuesday-02-10-18-8pm-uk-time.47652/ or Wednesdays round 0 social race > https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-pc-tier-3-round-0-social-algarve.47636/
Yeah I only registered on the Friday so I had missed the evaluation races. But I am available for tomorrows practice race and have signed up on that thread.

Would you mind letting me know how I go about getting into the discord on the day? Or is this information posted in the run up to the race?

Reactions: Ranno

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Yeah I only registered on the Friday so I had missed the evaluation races. But I am available for tomorrows practice race and have signed up on that thread.

Would you mind letting me know how I go about getting into the discord on the day? Or is this information posted in the run up to the race?
You can set up discord at any time. When You have Discord installed, click this link > https://apexonlineracing.com/community/ewr-discord/
Join #permission_request channel and ask permission to PCars 2 group. After that You should see PCars voice channels on the left. For practice races we use one of the PCars Social Lobbies and for league races You need to join PCars GT3 Tier 3 channel.

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Hi, there's a "discord" button in the Forum menu here above, when you join you'll need to write "requesting permission for Project Cars 2 channel" in the #permission_request chat channel.
You'll be granted access to the project cars chat and the project cars voice channels.
On race day, log into the "Tier 3" (or "Pcars Social Lobby" in case it's a social race) at least 15-20 minutes before the start. You don't need to have a microphone, but you are required to be able to listen to our coordinator's instruction.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry one last question, I promise. Once tomorrows evaluation race is done, does this mean I will be put into tier 3 league properly and not down as a reserve driver? Or am I reserve due to the sheer amount of numbers?

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Sorry one last question, I promise. Once tomorrows evaluation race is done, does this mean I will be put into tier 3 league properly and not down as a reserve driver? Or am I reserve due to the sheer amount of numbers?
Every tier can have 26 drivers because some tracks don't allow more than 26 drivers, so evaluation race has no affect on your reserve status. I believe most of the tracks in the first half of the season allow 32 or 30 drivers, so there shouldn't be a problem. Usually we have people missing races anyway and usually a few also drop out during the season, so I believe You will still get to race on most tracks.