PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Also, when you start down the setup route it gets expensive in time. If you are short on time, then Poisike's approach of a single baseline setup which you tweak only slightly (fuel, aero, brakes, radiator, tyre pressures and maybe ARBs for balance) for each race is the way to go. However a wet setup is good to have as there are usually significant enough differences that can gain you a second or so and make the car more stable, easy to recover.

From there you end up with setups per track, custom made for just one race in AOR conditions. Then you end up with different set ups for qualy and race.

I just spent about 2 hours this morning doing my qualy setup for Oulton Park. Dampers, diff and everything, I'm 95% happy with it, but will tweak and refine it over the coming days. For the race setup, asides fuel I will probably tame the qualy setup a little bit. I'll look at were the qualy setup makes me less consistent and too on-the-edge and mute it a little there. Qualy setup only has to produce 1 good lap out of 4 or 5, but a race setup has to produce 35+ consistent laps, handle a range of fuel loads and tyre wear levels. As an example, one tick less downforce might give you better balls-to-the-wall turn in on qualy, but as it also causes nasty spins every 3rd lap in fast corners I'll run the higher DF in the race.

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Although there's no guarantee a setup someone gives you will work, @poisike78 apparently despises the setup that works perfectly well for me, so its beneficial to find what works for you.
If You are talking about @Shooter80 's setups then I never said these are bad. They either don't fit my driving style (if I have one) or I'm just not good enough to use them.

Also, when you start down the setup route it gets expensive in time.
It appears to work for You, You have gotten a lot quicker really fast.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
@Welchy10 I can donate you a baseline setup I have for the M6 made by a crazed BMW lover if you're interested. Like @venquessa said, a good setup won't suddenly find you 5 seconds, but what it can do is make it much easier to keep your car on the track for extended periods of time. If you crash 4 or 5 times in a race and each spin costs you 15 seconds or so after you've pulled yourself back on track, then you're already not far off being a lap down which isn't good. Even more time if your accident costs you damage. The only reason I got 4th at Nords was because I was apparently one of the few drivers who was able to avoid the temptation to end up in a wall at some point. I kept it clean, if not slow, at Oscherswampen and it got me top 10 from almost last on the grid. There's a lot to be said for a safe setup, even if it costs you half a second a lap in outright pace. Although there's no guarantee a setup someone gives you will work, @poisike78 apparently despises the setup that works perfectly well for me, so its beneficial to find what works for you.
That would be awesome man thanks very much. Yeah im not expecting it to suddenly find me 5 seconds. But if it helps keep car pointing in the right direction and gives me more confidence to be aggressive I think I can at least start being involved in scraps in the midfield more often.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Results have been updated

To clarify, originally I entered @venquessa in the results as DNF (no points), but this was my mistake. He retired to pits on lap 30, which according to league information should give him half the points (in this case 1 point). As I'm not sure if I'm allowed to adjust the points in race results table (have to check with our spreadsheet master), the round 8 results show that he gets 2 points. As far as I'm aware, there is only one way to remove points from someone in the sheets we have, so I used that for removing one point from him.
In short, Round 8 results sheet shows the wrong points for him (2 instead of 1), but the championship standings show the correct number of points now.

I apologize for my mistake.

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
When can we expect season 12 to start?
Asking cuz i have a friend that might be interested.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
When can we expect season 12 to start?
Asking cuz i have a friend that might be interested.
A week or two after the RX lites finish, so I guess end of January.

Reactions: Nila

krop

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
That's it? We're done? I haven't ruined enough races :(

At least next season gives me another opportunity to pick some stupid car again!

Congratulations to @Captain Slow for not living up to his nickname!

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
well there's still laguna seca if you didn't notice xD

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
@VoodooChild @poisike78

Yes I know but I didn't expect to have a season winner before the season ends :p although it seems other tiers are also settled. Ginetta T2 was much, much closer with the last race weekend having three potential winners :)

So, is anyone else picking another car next season or running whatever worked now? Personally I'm probably going to pick the car I originally intended to race this season - the Ginetta :p

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
@VoodooChild @poisike78

Yes I know but I didn't expect to have a season winner before the season ends :p although it seems other tiers are also settled. Ginetta T2 was much, much closer with the last race weekend having three potential winners :)

So, is anyone else picking another car next season or running whatever worked now? Personally I'm probably going to pick the car I originally intended to race this season - the Ginetta :p
It would have been a bit closer maybe if I had not messed up as bad as I did. But on the other hand @Captain Not So Slow is not there next round, so it wouldn't have been a fair fight anyway.

I may end up picking nothing from the gt3 lineup...

Let's all drive lambo next season, then it's fair
Not going to happen, at least not for me.