Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 1 - Algarve

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 10th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18 March 2018 - 11:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 18 March 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Henry Gordan
@Corvo7
@ZeFau

Reserves allowed to race:
@chabas
@Pirate
@Szekely915
@spacemonkee78
@Welchy10

Last edited:
Reactions: Szekely915

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to Portimão, Portugal!

In our first round, we're visiting the Algavre circuit, which took center stage in the footage and teasers leading up to the Project Cars 2 release.
Opened in 2008, the circuit has seen plenty of GT, Moto and Endurance racing and served as F1 test track.

Expect a beautiful, dry day for our first round, with Qualifying under light clouds and the race transitioning from light to medium clouds (real-time weather progression).

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
I did the today's practice and it was disaster comparing to my offline practice... and it looks like I need to setup the car from scratch.

Ranno

Feb 28, 2018
I did the today's practice and it was disaster comparing to my offline practice... and it looks like I need to setup the car from scratch.
I have done 4 practice races and every single one was a disaster. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Welchy10

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 25, 2017
So am I right in saying that these races are streamed and commentated on? If so can I have the link to where that will be ?

Ranno

Feb 28, 2018
So am I right in saying that these races are streamed and commentated on? If so can I have the link to where that will be ?
Only tiers 1 and 2 will be streamed officially. Everyone is free to stream their POV and I believe a few in our tier will be doing that.

Welchy10

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Only tiers 1 and 2 will be streamed officially. Everyone is free to stream their POV and I believe a few in our tier will be doing that.
Ok thats fine, a reason to try and break into the upper tiers then :). I will be streaming all races that I participate in this season.

Reactions: Blunboi

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
I s tier 2 being streamed? No one is set to commentate or broadcast in the driver placement thread.

Reactions: kralor

Ranno

Feb 28, 2018
I s tier 2 being streamed? No one is set to commentate or broadcast in the driver placement thread.
I'm not 100% sure about this, I think I saw a discussion about t2 being streamed, but I don't think it was for certain.

Duip

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2018
I'm really sorry everyone who I hit, I could see my car was lagging really bad because on my screen there was no contact but people still got hit by me, and I still dont know what causes this lag

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 6, 2017
had a constantly small stuterring, i think about 7-8 big freezes, someone hit me and damaged rear suspension ...how did i even finish the race?!?!!?

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
So my wheel had no FFB when I jumped in for qualifying, tried restarting wheel and game, still no FFB. I decided not to drive because 1) it'll be a rather painful experience trying to drive with no FFB, and 2) I'd more than likely kill someone as a result of it :p

Anyway, I tried some ACC afterwards and the same issue occurred, so my wheel might actually be fucked. If it doesn't magically fix itself tomorrow, I'll try reinstalling drivers etc, if it still doesn't work then that's a major yikes. In that case I guess I'll just have to hope I can get a new wheel and get used to it before next week :(

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I got hit in turn 5, survived, but was still going "WTF?" when I realised I was side by side with some one in turn 7. If that was you, totally sorry, all my fault.

About a lap after that my PC started to do something in the back ground for the remainder of the race I had stuttering constantly. It would stop for a few corners and then start again. One large freeze also, no idea how I stayed on the track at that point.

Still I finished 6 places up on my dire qualifying.