PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 1 - Algarve | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 1 - Algarve

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely horrendous race for me. Whilst trying to stream i was getting low fps (around 29-35 most of the race) which wasnt an issue last week during practice race. Driving like a tool and car setup was clearly a real issue as it was oversteering like a bitch all over the place. Awful way to start the season. New approach needed for the next race. Just to make me feel worse, a BMW won the race lol

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Quali: I managed to did my best lap I made here in Algarve, 1:43.2 so I was happy with P6.

Race:
Well, nice was start, I did not saw any major incidents, so from my POV start was fine.Not sure in which lap but I ended bteween @ddd3 and @krop and it was really close but fair racing. I can imagine @krop I really frustrated you because it was clear you are faster than my but I tried my best but fair play to you for close racing without any touch! I hoped in quiet race but because of you, it was really hard race for me until the end and unlucky my team mate got 50 sec penalty, so I finished 4th.So not sure if this standing will stay or not, but Iam happy with my result anyway.

PS: Congratz to to podium guys of course :)

Reactions: krop and Blunboi

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I also discovered if you lift the Oculus to scratch your eye brow on the straight that PCars disconnects the controller, the screen goes black and takes a few seconds to come back on. Scary moments. Need to find a fix for that.

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
@Poiske78 Is this something I can take to the stewards? I received a 50 second penalty from speeding in the pit lane, when I hardly speeded at all. Any help would be great cheers! Also great race everyone, really enjoyed that one! PS: I only ended up speeding because of a missclick on my wheel.

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
@Poiske78 Is this something I can take to the stewards? I received a 50 second penalty from speeding in the pit lane, when I hardly speeded at all. Any help would be great cheers! Also great race everyone, really enjoyed that one! PS: I only ended up speeding because of a missclick on my wheel.

I personally can't see your video, it says that it is unavailable

Zachflange

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2016
goddammnit the pit entrance is hard to break into (--> +10s :( )
but anyways what a great race, such similar pace among the field
let´s see how the ginetta does at the highspeed tracks :sneaky:

Reactions: Blunboi

kralor

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 12, 2018
So my wheel had no FFB when I jumped in for qualifying, tried restarting wheel and game, still no FFB. I decided not to drive because 1) it'll be a rather painful experience trying to drive with no FFB, and 2) I'd more than likely kill someone as a result of it :p

Anyway, I tried some ACC afterwards and the same issue occurred, so my wheel might actually be fucked. If it doesn't magically fix itself tomorrow, I'll try reinstalling drivers etc, if it still doesn't work then that's a major yikes. In that case I guess I'll just have to hope I can get a new wheel and get used to it before next week :(
Have a t300rs I replaced recently I need to get rid of if you're in need of a great deal.

kralor

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 12, 2018
Realised just before the end of qualifying that I was on 36litres of fuel and qualied 20th! Disappointed with myself as I think I had 5th or 6th fastest race lap time :( only myself to blame!

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@kralor Its a T300 that died on me today, so thanks for the offer. I'll more than likely use this as an excuse to buy a Fanatec rig, but I guess I'll see how this transpires. I may end up taking you up on the offer yet.

kralor

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 12, 2018
@kralor Its a T300 that died on me today, so thanks for the offer. I'll more than likely use this as an excuse to buy a Fanatec rig, but I guess I'll see how this transpires. I may end up taking you up on the offer yet.
I also went for a Fanatec. The t300 is probably only a year old. No worries. Let me know if you fancy it.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Mine is also only a year old, a little over, and now its dead ;)

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
That was maybe the messiest race so far on AOR. Got hit quite a few times. I know it was the first race but still. Qualy was still ok but the lag and stutters started on warmup lap and was really bad at the start so I lost a few places. Stutter lasted the whole race but got slightly better. At the start @mikeself dived into the first corner and I got front damage. Had to pit early and there must have been a glitch or some error on pit strategy because it refuelled me fully and took 16 seconds...after that I obviously had a really heavy car but my pace was alright and could almost keep up with the leaders. I was behind Psycho (can't find him on the driver list) when he span at the hairpin. I tried to pass from the inside as he was in stand still but he accelerated in front of me and got front damage again. Then later I caught up with @Gurken Koenig who was quite a bit slower but impossible to pass. He was sideways after the first corner and I came from behind, hit him on the side and we both span. After that it was 15 front damage and cruising till the finish. So a disappointing start for the season. Watching the replays the was quite a bit of pushing and shoving, hopefully just the nerves for the first race...

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
My quali didn't go as expected, was managing low 1:43s when practicing by myself then I sort of got hit by stage fright :D because of that my start was rough with a lot of people around me that I had to take extra care of in order to not make contact, managed to survive the onslaught that ensued, dodged a couple of cars spinning out in front of me (I remember @Anduaa's purple Renault being one of them) and after a first couple of laps I managed to find my consistent pace and just decided to roll with it because P5 is much better than P20 :)

Then I managed to catch @LiboCZ and @ddd3 and realized that Audis (and presumably Lambos as well) are so much faster even on a track like Algarve... It was kinda obvious that McLaren's cornering ability is far superior, but once we got to the exit they just slung away into the distance, extending the gap I managed to close in the midfield section. I'm starting to regret my decision of picking the McLaren because I didn't know it's that slow compared to the others :( and that was one of the slower tracks in the calendar, I fear what's going to happen on the Nurburgring and Spa :cry:

On a side note though I managed to not spin out, hit anyone or get hit by a slowdown penalty so I've got that going for me... which is nice :)

• Friendly
Reactions: chabas and LiboCZ

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@poisike78 Still only 5 points off the coveted Team Championship even with a non-finisher :p I'll just go and get 15th each race from here on in and we'll be sorted ;)

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018

Didn't even see the video but yes, you should ask for stewards opinion anyway