PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 1 - Algarve | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 1 - Algarve

kralor

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 12, 2018
I also discovered if you lift the Oculus to scratch your eye brow on the straight that PCars disconnects the controller, the screen goes black and takes a few seconds to come back on. Scary moments. Need to find a fix for that.
The debug tool can override the sensor so it's always on. Can't remember where the debug tool is though

Reactions: venquessa

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Results are updated. Too tired to read all the posts, so I will reply to everyone tomorrow morning (it's 0:47 for me).

@Blunboi If You think it's unfair, You are free to go to stewards with this. Not that it matters, but I have gotten DSQ for going about 10km/h over the limit...

Thanks for hosting @Zachflange !
Congrats to podium guys!
Good night.

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Pretty happy with the result, but also a bit disappointed with myself on few minor mistakes that added up and prevented my pit stop strategy to pay off. A couple of slowdowns collected during my undercut attempt kept @poisike78 in front of me, and I didn't have the pace to close the last second and overtake him.

Anyway, @Blunboi 's and @Zachflange 's bad luck with pit limiter gave me the podium, which is a really good start for the season.

my POV:

Reactions: Blunboi

Anduaa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
My quali didn't go as expected, was managing low 1:43s when practicing by myself then I sort of got hit by stage fright :D because of that my start was rough with a lot of people around me that I had to take extra care of in order to not make contact, managed to survive the onslaught that ensued, dodged a couple of cars spinning out in front of me (I remember @Anduaa's purple Renault being one of them) and after a first couple of laps I managed to find my consistent pace and just decided to roll with it because P5 is much better than P20 :)

Then I managed to catch @LiboCZ and @ddd3 and realized that Audis (and presumably Lambos as well) are so much faster even on a track like Algarve... It was kinda obvious that McLaren's cornering ability is far superior, but once we got to the exit they just slung away into the distance, extending the gap I managed to close in the midfield section. I'm starting to regret my decision of picking the McLaren because I didn't know it's that slow compared to the others :( and that was one of the slower tracks in the calendar, I fear what's going to happen on the Nurburgring and Spa :cry:

On a side note though I managed to not spin out, hit anyone or get hit by a slowdown penalty so I've got that going for me... which is nice :)
Some reason I had f**king lag and it kick me out from the race :( So sad for me and team but good all for Your,I would have won otherwise ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Xeonski

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
@Captain Slow was your pc performance in poisikies lobbies better? i hosted this time

yea gurken_könig is really hard to pass, even if you lap him ;)
I had no trouble at the practise race or previous season with this computer setup. Will check everything. I'm on Oculus so you never know...

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Absolutely horrendous race for me. Whilst trying to stream i was getting low fps (around 29-35 most of the race) which wasnt an issue last week during practice race. Driving like a tool and car setup was clearly a real issue as it was oversteering like a bitch all over the place. Awful way to start the season. New approach needed for the next race. Just to make me feel worse, a BMW won the race lol
If You really had that low fps then it's possible that the issue was not Your setup but grip loss caused by the fact your CPU can't keep up. The game is really heavy on CPU, the more cars on track there are, the worse it gets. It lowers physics tick rate if the CPU can't keep up and that seems to cause loss of grip. I suggest lowering graphics settings that affect CPU and maybe try without streaming.
Whats with the BMW comment? Why can't BMW win? :) If it comforts you, BMW didn't actually win, the two guys in front just managed to gather so many penalty seconds.

@poisike78 Still only 5 points off the coveted Team Championship even with a non-finisher :p I'll just go and get 15th each race from here on in and we'll be sorted ;)
That is not going to be enough. I got lucky this time, I can promise You it won't happen again.

Some reason I had f**king lag and it kick me out from the race :( So sad for me and team but good all for Your,I would have won otherwise ;)
You got disconnected? Glad to see You are still optimistic :D

I had no trouble at the practise race or previous season with this computer setup. Will check everything. I'm on Oculus so you never know...
On which day did You take part in a practice race? Last practice race was hosted by someone else, all others were hosted by me.

About my race. I put my side together with someone in the beginning of the race. I believe it may have been @Capitalist ? Haven't had time to check my replay, so not sure yet if it was my fault or not.
First have of the race the game run really smooth for me. Problems started at lap 26 when we caught up to a bunch of guys. Had quite many total freezes for about a second or so, still impressed that I could keep it on the track. After the race when I restarted my PC, it installed a update, so I'm not sure if it did a update while I was racing or was the stuttering caused by something else. This time I didn't check for updates before the race.
Otherwise it was a good and exiting race. Thanks for the battles @VoodooChild ! I just didn't have enough pace to catch @Zachflange this time.
Really happy that there was no big pileup at first corner. Good racing guys!

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Forgot, @Deerladog sorry You had problems with your wheel and we didn't restart for You. I think You are usually the one who pushes us to restart for other people, so it seems unfair that we didn't restart for You. But from my experience, it seems to cause problems for others if we restart and the rules also say we shouldn't restart if only a few people have problems, so hope You understand and lets try to keep the restarts to a minimum this season.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
had a constantly small stuterring, i think about 7-8 big freezes, someone hit me and damaged rear suspension ...how did i even finish the race?!?!!?
When exactly You had the freezes? Any chance they were in the second half of the race, laps 26 to 30?

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Forgot, @Deerladog sorry You had problems with your wheel and we didn't restart for You. I think You are usually the one who pushes us to restart for other people, so it seems unfair that we didn't restart for You. But from my experience, it seems to cause problems for others if we restart and the rules also say we shouldn't restart if only a few people have problems, so hope You understand and lets try to keep the restarts to a minimum this season.
his wheel's FFB is still broken so restarting the lobby wouldn't have helped.

poor doggo sad doggo needs pats and treats

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Unfortunately, the team Oculus is not showing in the results, maybe Whiting wasn't happy with my move during the race.

Concerning the race, i'm sorry for my move with @spacemonkee78 i wasn't fast enough for him in the hairpins because of my incapability to control the renault under low speed braking which caused a lot of closed call, 9th place starting from 16th is ok i think, if i had seen that @Blunboi had a 50 seconds penalty and was 59 seconds in front maybe i had pushed instead of cruised in the final laps.

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
Sorry for being late yesterday - crazy evening And for some reason my mic didn’t work on Discord.

Totally off pace as after practise I decided to go with default setup to be able to stay on track.

I haven’t checked the replay yet but I hit someone into back on second lap - really sorry for that.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Unfortunately, the team Oculus is not showing in the results, maybe Whiting wasn't happy with my move during the race.
Not sure who is Whiting, but I can confirm Team Oculus and Reserve Racing are not showing in team championship sheet. Seems to be a problem with the sheets. I will report this to our sheets master.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Not sure who is Whiting, but I can confirm Team Oculus and Reserve Racing are not showing in team championship sheet. Seems to be a problem with the sheets. I will report this to our sheets master.
1539248301345.png

Never wondered who this guy was? It's Charlie Whiting, F1 race director.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Looking at the results, I see that we lost a few people yesterday. Can You guys please let me know if You left by choice or did You get disconnected?

@Capitalist
@Duip
@Anduaa
@Clank24401

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Yea @poisike78 at the time I believed it could be due to the fact I'd pinned my Twitch chat in my headset, which was the only thing I'd done differently from the last time I played PC2 when it all worked fine. Hence I thought it would be fine if I unpinned chat, and rejoined the lobby. Turns out the FFB was dead regardless, so I'm glad you didn't restart since it would have been a waste of time. I could have raced, but I felt like without FFB I'd lose control of the car and collect someone, and its not worth ruining someone elses race in the hope I can somehow drive without FFB. It was the same in ACC too, so its not just a PC2 issue as I first assumed.

Going to see if I can fix it by myself later today, if not then I'm likely going to use this as an excuse to buy a CSL Elite and hope it arrives intime for next Wednesday

Reactions: Ranno

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Yea @poisike78 at the time I believed it could be due to the fact I'd pinned my Twitch chat in my headset, which was the only thing I'd done differently from the last time I played PC2 when it all worked fine. Hence I thought it would be fine if I unpinned chat, and rejoined the lobby. Turns out the FFB was dead regardless, so I'm glad you didn't restart since it would have been a waste of time. I could have raced, but I felt like without FFB I'd lose control of the car and collect someone, and its not worth ruining someone elses race in the hope I can somehow drive without FFB. It was the same in ACC too, so its not just a PC2 issue as I first assumed.

Going to see if I can fix it by myself later today, if not then I'm likely going to use this as an excuse to buy a CSL Elite and hope it arrives intime for next Wednesday
I hope You get it sorted, otherwise we are screwed. I got lucky this time because two people in front of me got penalties for speeding in pit lane.

Reactions: kralor