PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 1 - Algarve | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 1 - Algarve

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
from some reason I cannot insert quoted msg with Microsoft edge?!?!?
@poisike78 yes, there is one or even two bigger freezes in last 5-6 laps among lots of them, for me

• Informative
Reactions: Ranno

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I mean he got the colours right and if my wheel still doesn't work by tonight I'm ordering a new one. It should deliver ontime, but that's very reliant on someone being home to collect it

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
@poisike78 as i mentioned I had some lag issues at start of race and 2 lap Pc2 throw me out from lobby...
Interesting. As far as I know You have never had connections problems before? I noticed that your speedtest shows Elisa as Your ISP. You have a wired connection, not mobile?
from some reason I cannot insert quoted msg with Microsoft edge?!?!?
@poisike78 yes, there is one or even two bigger freezes in last 5-6 laps among lots of them, for me
Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can about connection and performance problems.
I'm really sorry @poisike78 to complain about this but i can't let this pass

View attachment 64191
View attachment 64193

Sorry about that. That was my typo or a bad copy paste. Should be fixed now, can take a few minutes to update.

Reactions: D.Brezancic

spacemonkee78

Formula Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Unfortunately, the team Oculus is not showing in the results, maybe Whiting wasn't happy with my move during the race.

Concerning the race, i'm sorry for my move with @spacemonkee78 i wasn't fast enough for him in the hairpins because of my incapability to control the renault under low speed braking which caused a lot of closed call, 9th place starting from 16th is ok i think, if i had seen that @Blunboi had a 50 seconds penalty and was 59 seconds in front maybe i had pushed instead of cruised in the final laps.

@Xeonski All good here mate, was some good close racing between us near the end. Gave you a couple of love taps myself but no harm done thankfully!

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
That was maybe the messiest race so far on AOR. Got hit quite a few times. I know it was the first race but still. Qualy was still ok but the lag and stutters started on warmup lap and was really bad at the start so I lost a few places. Stutter lasted the whole race but got slightly better. At the start @mikeself dived into the first corner and I got front damage. Had to pit early and there must have been a glitch or some error on pit strategy because it refuelled me fully and took 16 seconds...after that I obviously had a really heavy car but my pace was alright and could almost keep up with the leaders. I was behind Psycho (can't find him on the driver list) when he span at the hairpin. I tried to pass from the inside as he was in stand still but he accelerated in front of me and got front damage again. Then later I caught up with @Gurken Koenig who was quite a bit slower but impossible to pass. He was sideways after the first corner and I came from behind, hit him on the side and we both span. After that it was 15 front damage and cruising till the finish. So a disappointing start for the season. Watching the replays the was quite a bit of pushing and shoving, hopefully just the nerves for the first race...

sorry mate... about my "dive bombing" you in the first corner. wasn't really planned and even wasn't happened in my POV. Don't know really where was the problem, but you were lagging (for me at least) like hell. you were jumping from the one place to another and it's not possible to deal with these situations. Overall, the lobby was a bit lagging mainly in the first 3 laps and when someone was retiring and disconnecting from the lobby...

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Reading the experiences of different people it seems like we didn't even take part in the same race. :)
For me the game run perfectly smooth for the first half of the race. I only started getting stutters on lap 25 or so. Now thinking about it, that was the time I caught the first cars who were a lap down. The stutters got really bad when I caught up to a bunch of cars I had to lap, at that time I got some really bad freezes. In my case it could have been because windows was doing a update in the background.
From what I'm seeing so far, the host really doesn't seem to matter. It's either just a performance problem, PC can't keep up with many cars around you or someone with a really bad performance issue causing problems for everyone close to him. Not sure how to figure out which one it is.

Please keep the reports coming, maybe we can finally make some sense of it.

Duip

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2018
Pretty happy with the result, but also a bit disappointed with myself on few minor mistakes that added up and prevented my pit stop strategy to pay off. A couple of slowdowns collected during my undercut attempt kept @poisike78 in front of me, and I didn't have the pace to close the last second and overtake him.

Anyway, @Blunboi 's and @Zachflange 's bad luck with pit limiter gave me the podium, which is a really good start for the season.

my POV:

Wow at 4.30 - 8.00 my car was really all over the place. Does anyone know how I could fix this? My internet is doing good so it should not be about that

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Wow at 4.30 - 8.00 my car was really all over the place. Does anyone know how I could fix this? My internet is doing good so it should not be about that

yeah the real butt-clenching moment arrived at minute 23 when i was lapping you and i had no freaking clue about where your car really was :D

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I assume You have a wired connection? Not using a mobile data or WiFi? I have seen WiFi cause really bad lag.

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Yeah it's really something that you need to resolved. It's really dangerous in certain situations, for example i was in T3 and right when i see the exit of the corner i see your car stopped on the racing line, didn't think about lag and try to avoid just to see you disappear.

Things like this will be extremely dangerous on the nurburgring, but i don't think that i will need you to **** up on it :)

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Wtf!!!! Did i miss the race? I read the 11th and not the 10th!

Damnit *facepalm* :(

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Wtf!!!! Did i miss the race? I read the 11th and not the 10th!

Damnit *facepalm* :(
Not sure where You saw 11th. Our races are always on Wednesdays. I'm afraid You got a uninformed no show.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Update on the wheel, its suddenly decided to spring back into life with no input from me whatsoever. Which is annoying because it means it had no reason to die yesterday other than to annoy me, and my sudden desire for a Fanatec it turns out I no longer need hasn't gone away :(

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Update on the wheel, its suddenly decided to spring back into life with no input from me whatsoever. Which is annoying because it means it had no reason to die yesterday other than to annoy me, and my sudden desire for a Fanatec it turns out I no longer need hasn't gone away :(
So we can expect it to work until next Wednesday and then fail again?

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Almost certainly, knowing my luck

• Optimistic

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Almost certainly, knowing my luck
It seems we should fit good, I have problems with luck too. We should have chosen a different team name, "Unlucky duo" or something :)