PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 10 - Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 10 - Laguna Seca

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Nice to end the season on a high, tying my pb P5 back from last season at Sonoma. Also really happy I did no mistake on a rather unforgiving track for 50 laps straight.
I was P4 before the disconnect, so obviously I wasnt happy with the restart either, especially since I had to start back from P10.
Also in the second race I had like 4-5 big lags that made me **** myself.

Someone said he saved the replay from the first race, can you share it with me please?

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Results are up, but I doubt these are final (pending stewards inquiry(s)).

Congrats on Your first AOR win @VoodooChild ! And to @dr_green for 2nd!

Wasn't the best end to the season and I feel really sorry for @LiboCZ . I hope You understand that we can't keep restarting. I know we have restarted in the past and this makes it feel even more wrong that we didn't for You.

I apologize to @Capitalist (again). It wasn't my day (after the restart), I was too distracted by the restart and drove straight into wall and then into Your back, probably because I was angry at myself for driving into the wall. There is really no excuse, was my bad. If You want, You can help @VoodooChild in getting 2nd place in the championship (there is a 20 second penalty for me if You take it to the stewards, I have no doubt in that). It would actually be fair, so I have nothing against that.

Thanks to everyone, You guys made this season fun and friendly! In my opinion T3 was the best :)
Thanks to @Zachflange for hosting our races, @Nila for calling out the starting order and everyone else who helped make this happen.

There will be a social race next Wednesday > https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-round-11-non-championship-algarve-spa-francorchamps-wednesday-19-12-18-8pm-uk-ferrari-488-welcome.50412/

Also check out the short filler league between GT3 seasons. This time it's RX Lites on snow > https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-rx-lites-s1-announcement.49784/

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Well well finally!
I have to admit that I was very, very lucky on a number of occasions tonight.

First I really benefitted by the lobby restart as my first ten laps in that race were haunted by horrible tyres' conditions (I also need to apologize to @Pirate for a love tap and to @Capitalist for an attempted overtake in too dangerous conditions, which caused him to spin out. I'm also happy that at the end it didn't count due to the restart).
After the restart I could fix my setup and mitigate - albeit not neutralize - the bad tyres' conditions at the start, but while @Nila was calling out the starting order, the game asked me to get back to position 7.
Not wanting to mess up the procedure, I decided to take the 30 seconds penalty on the chin and appeal later to AOR Stewards.

During the race I was again lucky when both @poisike78 and @Zachflange both went wide at same time on the fast left uphill, giving me P1.
I was once more time lucky later when Zachflange, who was clearly faster than me, made some mistake that made him lose ground, so I only had to keep the focus, look after the tyres and avoid mistakes to keep @dr_green (who had a bit better pace than me, too) behind.
So, if the Stewards are benevolent, I shall get my first AOR win which is an AMAZING feeling.

I wanna thank all my the Tier 3 people for this fantastic season!
It was a really friendly, clean, collaborative, fair playing brotherhood, and I'm proud of being part of it.

Last but not least, an HUGE thanks to @poisike78 for his heroic effort in flawlessly coordinating an awesome season 11.

POV should be up in a while:

Love you all!

dalking38

AOR PC GT3 S12 T1 Champion
Mar 21, 2018
Well well finally!
I have to admit that I was very, very lucky on a number of occasions tonight.

First I really benefitted by the lobby restart as my first ten laps in that race were haunted by horrible tyres' conditions (I also need to apologize to @Pirate for a love tap and to @Capitalist for an attempted overtake in too dangerous conditions, which caused him to spin out. I'm also happy that at the end it didn't count due to the restart).
After the restart I could fix my setup and mitigate - albeit not neutralize - the bad tyres' conditions at the start, but while @Nila was calling out the starting order, the game asked me to get back to position 7.
Not wanting to mess up the procedure, I decided to take the 30 seconds penalty on the chin and appeal later to AOR Stewards.

During the race I was again lucky when both @poisike78 and @Zachflange both went wide at same time on the fast left uphill, giving me P1.
I was once more time lucky later when Zachflange, who was clearly faster than me, made some mistake that made him lose ground, so I only had to keep the focus, look after the tyres and avoid mistakes to keep @dr_green (who had a bit better pace than me, too) behind.
So, if the Stewards are benevolent, I shall get my first AOR win which is an AMAZING feeling.

I wanna thank all my the Tier 3 people for this fantastic season!
It was a really friendly, clean, collaborative, fair playing brotherhood, and I'm proud of being part of it.

Last but not least, an HUGE thanks to @poisike78 for his heroic effort in flawlessly coordinating an awesome season 11.

POV should be up in a while:

Love you all!
Congrates on your win mate well deserved

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
My race went as follows, I fell asleep at 6pm, woke up at about 11 and thought "Oh ****."

Either way, this was a much more enjoyable season than the last one. Thanks again to @poisike78 for being a great coordinator and for trying his best as my teammate, and well done @VoodooChild on your win! Its pretty impressive to see how far you've come since last season in T5, now I don't stand a chance at keeping up with you anymore :)

I imagine I'll be seeing a lot of you for a third season in about 6 weeks time <3

• Friendly
Reactions: poisike78

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Always interesting to end the season in controversy. The first half of the race with people disconnecting and general carnage and my car working pretty good even when it got into the tyre cooling phase (thanks to those for encouraging me in Discord).... I was safely in 3rd.

Then a whole chunk of people disconnected. Quickly it looked like there would be a restart, I continued but I knew it was pointless and a restart was inevitable, I spun while chatting on discord and decided to park in the pits. Sure enough the restart put us back to qualifying positions, promoting all those that had spun, crashed, pilled up and I had passed back in front.

Of course in the second part of the race the same people didn't crash out and my car felt very different. I didn't even remember where I finished, it was behind Voodoo and that was the only mathematical factor that would affect my championship.

Still congrats to @VoodooChild for his first win and 3rd overall.

Apologies to @Capitalist for joining the "Let's rear end Capitalist into the corkscrew club." I was following too close trying to spook you, but I got a bit of sideways on the brakes and needed to blip to unlock the rears, but I was still closing on you. BUMP!

Also, thanks to someone I can't remember for punting me off at the final turn without apology. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it was lag and you didn't just forget to brake!

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
So I need to clear up one more thing, it turns out I made another mistake yesterday. When I tried to read the rules in a hurry yesterday, I read the first part of the sentence and got my answer from that (rule is attached below), so I thought it is considered a mass disconnect if 4 or more people get disconnected. But now that I had more time to read, it turns out this only applies to transitions and not the race. For race it has to be more than 50% (someone even knew this and said it on Discord but I didn't believe him) and as we had still 11 out of 20 people racing, this rule was not met and my call to restart was wrong.
If you feel unhappy with this, you can make a stewards inquiry or contact one of our overseers (https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-league-information.44095/post-627885). I'm not sure what can be done about this at this point, but wanted to point that out.

● Mass disconnections
If 4 (or more) drivers lose connection to the lobby during the transition from qualifying to the race, the lobby will be restarted and the race will be started with a manual rolling start, where drivers will use the first lap of the race to line up in a double file formation based their qualifying positions. Proper concentration and cooperation from the drivers are required to make this work. This will only happen one time. If the problem persists then the race will be postponed.

The coordinator of the league will make sure everybody is aware of their position - this may take some time.

During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in a race lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection.

If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. If several drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.

If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race result will be declared as the order at the time of the first disconnection.

• Informative
Reactions: Blunboi

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
@poisike78 Yesterday it was crazy and bit awful evening and I totally understand that you could not restart because of me, anyway I was angry on the game and my wheel as I put a lot time and effort into the practice and than I could not race... and now I see your post with those rules when lobby needs to be restarted... :D Nevermind, you @poisike78 did again great job during the whole season as our coordinator and I hope you will continue!

With @dr_green had superb pace on this track, I am sure I will lost my 5th place in champioship anway, so congratz to @dr_green for taking the 5th place :)

At least I won again the team competition, so looks like I am good team mate :D But still needs to of course congratz to my team mate @Blunboi :)

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
  • Clever
Reactions: VoodooChild