PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 2 - Silverstone GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
@poisike78 Sorry but I won't be racing this evening. I keep getting tabbed out of Project cars and it would be unfair if this caused me to hit someone.

• Informative
Reactions: poisike78

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
I got a game freeze at the moment before huge crash, i think 7-8 cars were there....soon after that my game froze totally and I had to quit. :mad:
btw, shouldn't we did a restart???? It was a lots of cars crashed 1/3 of grid???

Last edited:

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Well, well, another tough race, but it was a fun.

Q: I was not super happy with my quali time as I knew I can do it bit better, but still P6 was good.

R: Luckily I avoided contacts in first lap and I managed to get some positions and for long period I was on P4, which was fine. But around middle of the race I spun in T4 and I somehow lost my confidence in this turn and I was loosing so much time there, so @Capitalist was catching me. Around lap 19 or so 20 I decided to pit and @Capitalist did the same and because I changed my front tyres and he went on P4 and I dropped to P5. I think I had a gap around 3 or 4 seconds to him once I get back on the track but it was obvoius I am getting faster so after few laps and I catched @Capitalist and we had really nice, close and mainly fair battles, exactly how AOR should be. But I was affraid of overtaking as I am not that good driver driver, so it was very close racing for abour 8 or 9 laps and in penultimate lap I had somehow better corner exit in middle sector and I went for P4 and luckily I made it. In that moment I was sooo nervous and my hear was bumping really crazy. But luckily I somehow managed to get into finish, what a race! So once again thank you @Capi for great racing!

PS: Congrat to podium guys @Captain Slow and @venquessa and our surprise winner @poisike78 :p

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
I tried to get a setup working with soft tyres but it felt too snappy so qualified and raced on hards. Was really surprised to get pole but knew that @poisike78 would have much better race pace as well as other guys on softs. First few laps were a nightmare on cold hards but managed to stay second. There was a big pile up on lap 1 anhd somenody sayd that 6-7 guys involved, maybe should have restarted but nobody said anything after that. @venquessa caught me and was faster but I managed to stay infront. He tried to undercut me but I got a few clean laps and stayed ahead. After my pitstop the tyres were just way too cold, pressure around 1.65 and I was sliding all over the place. Managed to fight a few laps but in the end he passed me and had to settle for third. All in all very happy after the disaster last week and looking forward to next week!

Reactions: GIXXERosg

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
my tires at the end of a race...
... Hards were too hard and too cold ... And I was sliding all over the place the whole time ... Soft Slick would have been better this time...
378860_20181017221844_1.png

• Scared
Reactions: GIXXERosg

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Great race! Though I realise it was a bit of a horrid first lap for many. I seen the first accident and managed to get missed by inches. Seen people airborne in the mirror and found myself up about 5 places in 5th.

Nice battle with @LiboCZ for a while, and he gave me space for a pretty clumsy overtake at Brooklands. Then I chased down @Captain Slow but he drives a very wide Lambo. Decided to go for the undercut, changed tyres and hammered in hot laps with luckily mostly clear track.

@Captain Slow didn't change tyres so he came out of the pits with about an 8 second lead, but with fresh tyres and a string of 2:02s I caught him. Managed a fairly clean overtake on the hangar straight and he conceded through Stove. I found myself in 2nd!

There was no catching @poisike78 who drove a faultless race as usual. I just had to stay on the track and do consistent laps that managed the gap behind... and not spin on the last lap, or run out of fuel :)

I got lucky, I like Silverstone, I know Silverstone, many people don't or just hate it. I wouldn't expect this to happen many times.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@mikeself I noticed you seemed slow when I overtook you, the hard tyres may explain that somewhat :p Also that was pretty close at the end @ZeFau, I thought I might have had you at the line but apparently not :( for anyone interested, here's my tyre wear at the end on one set of softs. I could have preserved them more, but I really started pushing them in the second half of the race.

1539811272197.png

If you're wondering who the idiot at Turn 1 was, that was me. Managed to recover to 8th, but it almost certainly cost me a top 5. However looking at the little mishap at the Wellington Straight, maybe it was better for me to crash by myself as I would have been very close to the source of the big crash had I not have spun at Turn 1 like a pleb. To the people who were involved, I believe we only restart if a significant number of people have game crashes or disconnects, not if a significant number get involved in an accident on track. Unfortunately I think your only consolation will come from a trip to the stewards, or from watching this clip I made of the incident from everyone's point of view (I think, there was too much to keep track of)

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
ss223123.jpg
damage.GIF

I just want to express my disappoint with the germans.
They bombed London and Coventry and other lovely places instead of Silverstone.

I'll upload my (useless) POV race later, if i'll be ever bothered to do it.

Onto next one.

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
No trip to the stewards would change the outcome of the race anyway :( here's hoping to survive the Green Hell the next time around...

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I think Voodoo was quite sad that after his trip into space and successful re-entry, he found himself landing at quite possibly his least favourite location on the planet :p

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I'm sorry has i am the one who pushed the NSX into the racing line but i was focus on the car on my right in case of a move and i didn't see the two car crashing, when i noticed the smoke at this point my IRL driving reflex took place and pushed the brake all the way which made me loose the control of the car. Sorry about that

Capitalist

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2018
Well, well, another tough race, but it was a fun.

Q: I was not super happy with my quali time as I knew I can do it bit better, but still P6 was good.

R: Luckily I avoided contacts in first lap and I managed to get some positions and for long period I was on P4, which was fine. But around middle of the race I spun in T4 and I somehow lost my confidence in this turn and I was loosing so much time there, so @Capitalist was catching me. Around lap 19 or so 20 I decided to pit and @Capitalist did the same and because I changed my front tyres and he went on P4 and I dropped to P5. I think I had a gap around 3 or 4 seconds to him once I get back on the track but it was obvoius I am getting faster so after few laps and I catched @Capitalist and we had really nice, close and mainly fair battles, exactly how AOR should be. But I was affraid of overtaking as I am not that good driver driver, so it was very close racing for abour 8 or 9 laps and in penultimate lap I had somehow better corner exit in middle sector and I went for P4 and luckily I made it. In that moment I was sooo nervous and my hear was bumping really crazy. But luckily I somehow managed to get into finish, what a race! So once again thank you @Capi for great racing!

PS: Congrat to podium guys @Captain Slow and @venquessa and our surprise winner @poisike78 :p
Good race man. I had the exact same thing in T4 it was so scary.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
I noticed at practice races that the pace between Tier 2 and Tier 3 was pretty close. Actually @poisike78 would have been second in Tier 2 if you look at the total race time and as conditions are the same they should be comparable...

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Last season had a similar theme. The T3 guys weren't much slower than the T2 guys, it kinda made T3 turn into T2.5. I feel like Tier 2 is where you start to reach the limit of what a simple pleb is capable of, I doubt any of us will be able to reach those alien laptimes

Reactions: mikeself