PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday October 24th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Race: 11 laps (11 race laps)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 22 April 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:

Reserves allowed to race:
@chabas
@Pirate
@Szekely915
@spacemonkee78
@Welchy10

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to the first 90 minute race of the season, at the Nurburgring!

The longest lap of the calendar is here as we attend Nurburgring combined, and this race is a classic. Nurburgring has been around since the 1920s and with the current layout opened in 1984, this track has seen many amazing races. So, strap yourself in and get ready for a big challenge!

Rest easy though, we're still going to be waiting for the first wet race of the season. The race will start with medium cloud, seeing 2 transitions: to clear and then back to medium cloud. No qualifying weather for this race, due to there being no qualifying.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: mikeself

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Why don't we do a complete formation lap i don't understand :p

Anyway the first turn will be a mess (as well as the first lap)

Capitalist

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2018
This will be my first serious race here, I can't wait to mess it up! The thing I look forward to most is the 10 minute drive to the pits without my rear wing. Please honk before passing!

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Has anyone done any testing in regards to how much fuel does the car spend during one lap?

I'd assume that's about 15 litres per lap. Might be the first race where pit strategy becomes much more important :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Has anyone done any testing in regards to how much fuel does the car spend during one lap?

I'd assume that's about 15 litres per lap. Might be the first race where pit strategy becomes much more important :)
That's a good question. I would expect 8 laps on a full tank, with a few liters margin.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
So are You racing with us?
If a tier needs to fill the grid and doesn't mind me joining, I could race, sure.
I'd just ask to be excluded from points (meaning don't add me in the results). But I think, Tier 4 would be more fitting than Tier 2.5 here.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
If a tier needs to fill the grid and doesn't mind me joining, I could race, sure.
I'd just ask to be excluded from points (meaning don't add me in the results). But I think, Tier 4 would be more fitting than Tier 2.5 here.
We have one free spot, not sure about T4, but I assume there will be some no shows anyway.
Considering You know the track, I don't see a problem. You could take me out and everyone here would be happy that You joined.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
We have one free spot, not sure about T4, but I assume there will be some no shows anyway.
Considering You know the track, I don't see a problem. You could take me out and everyone here would be happy that You joined.
let's see early next week :)

Until then, need help learning the track? Or is it the usual Poisike blues of "i suck at this, you all will be so much faster than me. this is useless. why am I doing this" - followed by your win? :p

• Burn
Reactions: chabas

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I'm sure sure that nobody hate, all the people in one tier can't have the same pace, everyone race with people with similar pace, even if this is for 15 or so

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Or is it the usual Poisike blues of "i suck at this, you all will be so much faster than me. this is useless. why am I doing this" - followed by your win? :p
TBH, I'm not sure yet how much exactly I suck at nürburgring combined because I have never driven there and T4 guys have not shared their mystical lap times yet. But I'm quite sure I won't win this one. And I don't remember asking "why am I doing this".

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Did my first laps today, it will take some time to learn the track and setup the car. Managed only two clean laps and pace was 8:43 and 8:50. No idea how it compares to others...

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Did my first laps today, it will take some time to learn the track and setup the car. Managed only two clean laps and pace was 8:43 and 8:50. No idea how it compares to others...
I’m torn between learning the Canada Circuit for iRacing on Monday and hopping into a practice for this later today. Might just do a lap or two here... I’ll share my time then (slow car, default setup)

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I just did my first ever 3 laps and best lap time was 8:48.940. How far off I am, @Stephan ? Tier 7?

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
I've been practising all day and I've managed to set this in the Audi... I don't quite know how looking at everyone else's times
NTT.png
:ROFLMAO: