PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Last edited:

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
@Zachflange How was the race for You? Did You have any stuttering?

It's really weird that @Duip is lagging that bad for so many people yet from his POV everyone looks OK. Only reason I can think of would be that he has really low upload speed?

EDIT: And that actually is the case. I checked Your signup and he has only 0,85Mbit/s upload (https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-pc-sign-up-thread.45505/post-635660).
0.85 should be ok, i have raced with that in the Ginetta league and i don't think that i have that kind of problem. But maybe the ping associated to this upload with other people on his line could lead to this kind of lag

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
0.85 should be ok, i have raced with that in the Ginetta league and i don't think that i have that kind of problem. But maybe the ping associated to this upload with other people on his line could lead to this kind of lag
As we are using P2P, the amount of traffic depends on how many cars are on track. His PC needs to send his position to everyone else. In GT5 we had less cars on track.

I remembered that we have had the same problem with someone else before. He also had below 1mbit upload.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@poisike78 I raced in Season 3 Endurance with that kind of speed, and nobody ever complained about my car lagging. His internet speed may well be a factor here, but I think there are other variables that also cause it. The last time I was close to @Duip on track (that I remember) was at Hockenheim last season, and I don't recall seeing him lag there. Which either means he wasn't lagging at that race, or I just didn't notice it since he was behind me and I couldn't see my mirrors in the days before VR to look at him. I would occasionally use my "look back" key and look at him for half a second, instead of yesterday where I could stare at my rearview mirror all I wanted, and when I was behind him later on I had no choice but to look at him.

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
It's really weird because no one lagged for me for the entire race.

One other really weird thing that happened was I came across a detached GTR bumper that suddenly shone its brake lights :D

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I don't remember if @Duip was in Tier 4 in GT3 Season 10, but if he was i've never seen him lagging. Maybe you have changed something between S10 and S11 ?

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I did a quick search and there have been reports about his lag since S10 when he joined mid season. I guess it's my bad that I didn't take this seriously enough earlier.

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
@Duip You can try to launch "ping -t google.com" in a cmd from 21h to 23h. This way you will see if your ping is stable and if you're losing packets during the night. This could be a first step

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
It looks like he wasn't lagging for everyone, but I assume you've all seen the stewards panel by now, and some of you may have even seen it on my vod if you watched it. Its genuinely impossible to race close to someone lagging that bad. Youve either got to drop back and lose a lot of time, or overtake him and pull away before his lag kills you.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Being close to such a driver for an extended period of time is basically asking to be rammed off the road. Duip passed me cleanly on his screen, yet on my replay he was literally anywhere apart from the circuit.

Zachflange

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2016
that was so sad, it could have been so cool batteling in the front on my favourite track with you guys :/
i´m a little bit frustrated, but that´s how green hell works ;) and still i would love to have a VLN league here, when people are more experienced it would be amazing racing

sry 4 the smoke @VoodooChild i didnt knew where i was too, i had to break over the crest and my back wheel was a millimeter off track so the lawnmower decided to make a cool 360 to break faster. i had 100 rear wing- but no suspension damage, you had the opposit strangely

@poisike78 I had strange stuttering i never had before and which sent me into the wall one time, wasnt an issue in the practice race tho
maybe my cpu couldnt keep up with the most cars i ever had in a league race, or my hardware is slowly giving up (it´s 6 years old now and used a lot)

edit:
@Deerladog for me duip had 120 ping when i saw him, so no warping, only a little desync, but your discord sounded a bit laggy so maybe your connenction wasnt in best form yesterday eather, so the comination of you 2 caused that it was that bad

edit2:
@ddd3 i got suspention damage and a heart attack after your hit in first lap, i had to go into the pits anyways but please dont do this again :sneaky:

Last edited:

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Being close to such a driver for an extended period of time is basically asking to be rammed off the road. Duip passed me cleanly on his screen, yet on my replay he was literally anywhere apart from the circuit.
I get so distracted when someone is lagging in front of me that I will end in a wall without even being hit by the lagging car.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
So @Duip was lagging really badly only for @Xeonski and @Deerladog ? On discord there were more people complaining if I remember correctly?
I saw someone teleporting at start, but as I was so far back, I didn't see who that was.
I raced one and a half laps behind @Duip and I can't say that he was all over the place like in @Deerladog video, but he was lagging enough that I was worried about driving too close to him.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018

at 5:00 and 1h11:30

Duip is a fair and clean driver but we need to solve this issue. Chances you can upgrade your upload bandwidth @Duip ?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Zachflange

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
So @Duip was lagging really badly only for @Xeonski and @Deerladog ? On discord there were more people complaining if I remember correctly?
I saw someone teleporting at start, but as I was so far back, I didn't see who that was.
I raced one and a half laps behind @Duip and I can't say that he was all over the place like in @Deerladog video, but he was lagging enough that I was worried about driving too close to him.
For me he was teleporting everywhere at the start, i lost him in the first corner as i had to rejoin at the back of the field but later in the race when i rejoin him, he was stopped on track and every 2 seconds his position was updated

Duip

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2018
@Duip do you drive with UDP on? It might be worth checking, people say it causes issues. If not, the only other thing I can think of is using WiFi instead of a wired connection. A wired connection is far superior for gaming, and fixed a lot of lag issues I had in other games. Rocket League was a prime example, at times it got very laggy playing on WiFi, but using an ethernet cable fixed it entirely.
I had UDP on, so I should disable it? And I use wired

Oddly @Duip wasn't lagging for me. Maybe his packets are being routed through GCHQ before they get to you guys. What you been browsing @Duip?
What is GCHQ?

@Zachflange How was the race for You? Did You have any stuttering?
It's really weird that @Duip is lagging that bad for so many people yet from his POV everyone looks OK. Only reason I can think of would be that he has really low upload speed?
EDIT: And that actually is the case. I checked Your signup and he has only 0,85Mbit/s upload (https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt3-s11-pc-sign-up-thread.45505/post-635660).
I could test using my mobile data on a race, I wouldnt be surprised if it works better

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@Duip definitely disable UDP, especially if you have a poor connection like the one in your signup. I played on a mobile connection for a few months, it was mostly fine apart from random spikes to 700+ ping, and i fear for anyone who is near you in those spikes. @Zachflange my mic being weird wasn't due to my connection. Its an issue with the mic itself. Sometimes it just decides it wants to go robotic for no reason. Its easily fixed, I just need to restart some software, however I can't do this while driving. Its why I sounded weird towards the end of the race, yet as soon as I finished and had chance to fix it I was able to talk fine. I can confirm it was Duip lagging in the grid too, and quite a few people noticed it. I would hazard a guess at @Welchy10 was another who saw it, although I have a hard time with the new guys because I don't know your voices yet :p

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Venquessa in the mirror: "I'll go left, I'll go left... ah, sh1t..."
Sorry to get your airborne yet again voodoo.
EDIT: Just think if you had let me go when I was along side coming onto the Nords it would have been me that Zach got.

I only got 5 aero damage and I spent the next few laps with the dog helping me along the straights. I was faster at times, but there was no point passing him, he'd just get me on the next straight, so I just tucked in and willed him on.... then binned it properly by trying a different line in a left right sequence that bit hard eventually and I catapulted into the wall. 29 aero damage, destroyed left front suspension, I weaved and wobbled back to the pits.

Good advice.... don't experiment with different lines mid race!

Last edited: