PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 3 - Nürburgring Combined

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Finally this nightmare race is behind us! I still with my opinion that reverse grid is not good for GT3 leagues. Anyway I had bad race, I was so slow... Anyway congratz to our podium guys @krop and @poisike78 and of course to my teammate for the win @Blunboi what a job!!!!

This was also race with the most small lags / stutters but luckily I did not kissed the wall.

Lagging of some other guys is a problem and I thin lagging driver should not race.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blunboi

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Lagging of some other guys is a problem and I thin lagging driver should not race.
I agree and I apologize I have not dealt with this before. I already contacted @Duip privately.

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
@poisike78 I am not complaing about you at all, I mean it in general, because the lagging guy can destroy the other guys race, on the other hand I can imagine if I am the lagging guy and I spent a lot of time with practice and had to leave the race...

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
It's really strange because @Duip wasn't lagging at all for me...
I can second this, I was racing with him for a good lap or two and he didn't lag for me once... Peculiar that some people had issues while other's didn't

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
@poisike78 I am not complaing about you at all, I mean it in general, because the lagging guy can destroy the other guys race, on the other hand I can imagine if I am the lagging guy and I spent a lot of time with practice and had to leave the race...
I know, but it's my responsibility to keep this tier running well and safe.
It's really strange because @Duip wasn't lagging at all for me...
I don't find it strange at all, that's how it usually is.
Just finish my 2 hours endurance race and NO STUTTER/FREZEES at all!
Did you have a full grid?
I did some testing yesterday and it seems to me like the green hell is just really demanding on PC hardware.

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Yes, I never have any performance issues in PC2, but on the Nordschleife I had to turn down my settings.
Also, no lags for me this time. (besides @Duip)

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
@poisike78 We have about 26-27 players last night, (full grid in most races) cannot recall, but anyway there were no problems of stutter/freeze in endurance league at least not so significant then in gt3 league. To be precise, it started to happening to me in last season, constantly with small stutter/freeze and some big of course. I did 6 seasons here totally (2 in pcars1 and 6 in pcars2 plus currently gt3 and endurance, and this issue was rarely happened.
So I was checking everything with my pc and didn't find anything wrong. I updated nvidia drivers regularly and I thought that's it because I had a smooth last race last season. But, no, now with the 4xx version of nvidia drivers, it happening again. A lots of small stutter/freeze at Algarve and also a few big, but with luck no crash, then that horrible freeze at Silverstone.... Nürburgring combined-I had a few big stutter/freeze again :(. That would be in short my experience of this issue.

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
@poisike78 We have about 26-27 players last night, (full grid in most races) cannot recall, but anyway there were no problems of stutter/freeze in endurance league at least not so significant then in gt3 league. To be precise, it started to happening to me in last season, constantly with small stutter/freeze and some big of course. I did 6 seasons here totally (2 in pcars1 and 6 in pcars2 plus currently gt3 and endurance, and this issue was rarely happened.
So I was checking everything with my pc and didn't find anything wrong. I updated nvidia drivers regularly and I thought that's it because I had a smooth last race last season. But, no, now with the 4xx version of nvidia drivers, it happening again. A lots of small stutter/freeze at Algarve and also a few big, but with luck no crash, then that horrible freeze at Silverstone.... Nürburgring combined-I had a few big stutter/freeze again :(. That would be in short my experience of this issue.
Considering the host has been different in S11, I guess that we can say host doesn't matter.
Any chance you remember when the problems started in S10? I have been seeing reports that could match the idea I had, that one person with lag/sync issues in a lobby can create problems for everyone. Still not convinced that this is the case, it's really hard to test.

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
@poisike78 I also think that, in our case, host is not so important, I beleive communication between players should be the most important?!?!?
Problems started at first race at Sonoma in S10, for me, lots of small stutter/freeze and a few big. That continues whole season, mainly the same, until last race which was without this issue. I believed, as I wrote, it was nvidia driver issue, but its started again with newest drivers in this season.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
@Duip definitely disable UDP, especially if you have a poor connection like the one in your signup. I played on a mobile connection for a few months, it was mostly fine apart from random spikes to 700+ ping, and i fear for anyone who is near you in those spikes. @Zachflange my mic being weird wasn't due to my connection. Its an issue with the mic itself. Sometimes it just decides it wants to go robotic for no reason. Its easily fixed, I just need to restart some software, however I can't do this while driving. Its why I sounded weird towards the end of the race, yet as soon as I finished and had chance to fix it I was able to talk fine. I can confirm it was Duip lagging in the grid too, and quite a few people noticed it. I would hazard a guess at @Welchy10 was another who saw it, although I have a hard time with the new guys because I don't know your voices yet :p
Sorry for slow response, yeah I saw it. In fact it was the reason behind me hitting the wall and damaging my car early on. His car was actually disappearing from my screen and reappearing briefly in random places such as on the inside of my car before then re-appearing back where he actually was on the track. It was insanely off-putting on a very tricky track so yeah not great for me. Here is a couple of clips to illustrate this:

I also had an issue where I followed Marco The Pirate into the pits. He was in a Mercedes and I got the "Pit Box Currently Occupied" message. And I couldnt pit. So I lost 15 odd seconds at least where I was just trundling through the pits, whilst someone else, in totally different car was occupying my pit box. Didnt even know this could happen?

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Sorry for slow response, yeah I saw it. In fact it was the reason behind me hitting the wall and damaging my car early on. His car was actually disappearing from my screen and reappearing briefly in random places such as on the inside of my car before then re-appearing back where he actually was on the track. It was insanely off-putting on a very tricky track so yeah not great for me. Here is a couple of clips to illustrate this:

I agree, this is not acceptable. He won't be allowed to race before he can prove his connection is good.

I also had an issue where I followed Marco The Pirate into the pits. He was in a Mercedes and I got the "Pit Box Currently Occupied" message. And I couldnt pit. So I lost 15 odd seconds at least where I was just trundling through the pits, whilst someone else, in totally different car was occupying my pit box. Didnt even know this could happen?
I have never had this issue myself, so I'm not 100% sure, but I have heard You can still use the same pit box even if it is occupied.

Last edited:

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, this is not acceptable. He won't be allowed to race before he can prove is connection is good.

I have never had this issue myself, so I'm not 100% sure, but I have heard You can still use the same pit box even if it is occupied.
Ahh man I didnt know this haha, I should have tried to pit anyway to see what would happen. Never mind!

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@Welchy10 I'll have a look at those clips when I'm home, but if you ever get the pit box occupied message you can either just not pit and play it safe, or just drive into your pitbox anyway if you feel like you don't want to wait another lap. 9 times out of 10 you will just ghost through the person in your box and your car will be serviced as normal. Sometimes it can screw you over though, hence I said its better to just avoid the pit if you can. I heard tales of @spacemonkee78 trapping @chabas in his pit box because the game refused to release chabas until space had left the pitlane. It would be nice if you at least shared a box with somebody else in your car, even if it wasn't your teammate.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
@Welchy10 I'll have a look at those clips when I'm home, but if you ever get the pit box occupied message you can either just not pit and play it safe, or just drive into your pitbox anyway if you feel like you don't want to wait another lap. 9 times out of 10 you will just ghost through the person in your box and your car will be serviced as normal. Sometimes it can screw you over though, hence I said its better to just avoid the pit if you can. I heard tales of @spacemonkee78 trapping @chabas in his pit box because the game refused to release chabas until space had left the pitlane. It would be nice if you at least shared a box with somebody else in your car, even if it wasn't your teammate.
Thanks for the info. Yeah it was the first time I have seen it, so I didnt know what to do but given the message in my mind it was a simple "you cannot pit" message. Just couldnt believe my luck that out of all the drivers, on a 25km track, he pitted just a few yards in front of me at the same dam time! lol

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
I heard tales of @spacemonkee78 trapping @chabas in his pit box because the game refused to release chabas until space had left the pitlane
Exactly like you said - I'm driving Mercedes and @spacemonkee78 for sure something different, so pit box is not reserved for the car/team/livery etc. :/

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Space is a little sheep and took the Lambo ;)