PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Anyone wanna start taking bets at the pole time?

On race times, it's very hard to gauge. I expect lap times will vary radically though the race.

The first few laps will be fairly slow due to everyone being bunched up (1:38ish), they will fall when people settle in and spread out, (136/137), but then the puddle start to form and the track wet in properly that knocks a second or two off the times, so 138-140s. By lap 10, low teens, the tyres are starting to wear badly, so there will be little gain from the lowering weight until the pitstops where I expect those who change tyres will gain a second or more a lap 136-137, returning to the 137-140 range by the end of the race.

Last edited:

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Things I am not good at:
  • Driving this track in the dry
  • Driving this track in the wet
  • Keeping my car in a straight line for more than 30 seconds at a time
  • Finding the willpower to continue driving this track
  • Getting a laptime under 1:40
Things I am good at:
  • Consistently performing a perfect 360 when I hit the puddle at Turn 2
  • Theorising where the Germans stole such a vast quantity of water from, and why they elected to store it on a racetrack instead of a reservoir like a normal person
Prediction: 32nd.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Things I am not good at:
  • Driving this track in the dry
  • Driving this track in the wet
  • Keeping my car in a straight line for more than 30 seconds at a time
  • Finding the willpower to continue driving this track
  • Getting a laptime under 1:40
Things I am good at:
  • Consistently performing a perfect 360 when I hit the puddle at Turn 2
  • Theorising where the Germans stole such a vast quantity of water from, and why they elected to store it on a racetrack instead of a reservoir like a normal person
Prediction: 32nd.
Firstly, 32nd is impossible, this track allows 28 drivers, so You already gained 4 places.

I don't care what You are not good at. We need points. Wanna give my setup a try?

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
It can't hurt, I'll give it a try. I'm hoping its the setup instead of my lack of skill :D

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
It can't hurt, I'll give it a try. I'm hoping its the setup instead of my lack of skill :D
My setup spins quite well too.
I will try to send it to You somehow when I get home.

Reactions: Anduaa

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Forgot to mention. Whatever you do, don't upgrade Your GPU. You will start seeing things that didn't bother You before, like rain drops on windscreen. Never had to use wipers with GTX1070, but now i do :D

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
My main concern with the water is how much I can't see the track when I'm in the spray of another car. I feel like my 1070 isn't helping

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Although other drivers won't be able to see me either, my blue car will blend in :) no stewards enquiries against me if you don't know who hit you ;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: poisike78

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
My main concern with the water is how much I can't see the track when I'm in the spray of another car. I feel like my 1070 isn't helping
I feel it's the opposite. I see a lot more clouds and spray now. I actually haven't changed any in game settings, only raised the resolution. Like I said, I never used wipers before, but now I have to use them to see out of the window.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I always needed wipers last season when I was on a single screen, and when I first drove in the wet after getting VR I was rather confused at my ability to somewhat see where I was driving. I turned the wipers on anyway, more seeing is always best seeing

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I'm always surprised by the capacity of the rain to always cover the windshield after the passage of the wipers, it doesn't matter at which speed you put the wipers the rain always cover it all

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
My setup spins quite well too.
I will try to send it to You somehow when I get home.
Last night Andrex spun in front of me and I looked in the mirror to see you spin behind me. Felt awfully vulnerable for a moment... "Do they know something I don't?"

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I always needed wipers last season when I was on a single screen, and when I first drove in the wet after getting VR I was rather confused at my ability to somewhat see where I was driving. I turned the wipers on anyway, more seeing is always best seeing
Try following someone close. It's insane how little you can see in their spray. I was counting "one thousand, two thousand.. BRAKE!" At one point on Sunday with a window full of Lambo I turned when I guessed the corner was and found myself up over the kerb on the grass in T2. At least that avoided the puddle.

The puddle in T2. The only way to deal with it is to 1. Drive straight over to the pitlane and make a sharp 90* right. 2. As you hit the puddle let go of everything, don't steer, brake, accelerate or even fart, do however pray. When you are sure you are out of the puddle, rear wheels and all, go. If you should accidentally hint something to the car mid puddle and start to spin slam both pedals down hard until you stop, pray some more. (Watch poisike overtake in the mirror)

The ones that fsck me up are the one on the apex of the fast lefts, second apex and the river shortly after it. About three times the apex puddle spun me, but the river righted me. "Oh my god... oh wait, I'm alive". Too stressful. I don't even play with the one on the apex of T15, it's insta-spin once fully formed, but at least you can drive around it. The river befor ethe final corner is amusing as sometimes it helps you brake, others it tries to spin you. In some ways it's worse when you are nearly spinning every single corner but never actually spinning. it's like physiological torture for 37 laps.

ddd3

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 17, 2018
Hey guys, Is it only me or is anyone else also having no problems managing the tires to the end? I just did a full 36 Laps and still got more tire left than you after 7 or so. Am I doing something very wrong here? 1:37.8 best lap with 1:39s race pace. Today 1st practise day...