PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Hey guys, Is it only me or is anyone else also having no problems managing the tires to the end? I just did a full 36 Laps and still got more tire left than you after 7 or so. Am I doing something very wrong here? 1:37.8 best lap with 1:39s race pace. Today 1st practise day...
I tried to run to the end with one set of tires on Mondays practice session and gave up at about lap 25. It probably depends on your car, setup and driving style.

Just a heads up. At previous races this season we have relied on the (much improved since Patch 7) in-game track limit detection/penalties to police the official AOR 'white line' rules (below). This has, in my opinion, worked well, however with a wet track, the in-game detection doesn't work anywhere near as well, if at all.

Regardless of what the game lets you off with in the wet, the official AOR rules still apply (as they do at all races), and are required to be followed regardless of what the game lets you off with:

1.4 Corner cutting/track extending

Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, not by the edge of the kerbs.
However, we acknowledge that the racing line at times extends across kerbs or astroturf. A driver briefing will be added to each round, informing of any deviations from the "white line rule."
Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.

If you overtake another driver with all four wheels off track, or as a consequence of cutting a corner, you must slow down and give the position back.

The odd misjudgement of a corner can happen, but if you accidentally gain an advantage by going outside the track limits, you are expected to back off to an extent that clearly negates any advantage gained. Failing to do this puts you at the risk of being penalised in game, however if it fails to penalise you, an enquiry can be opened for the stewards to review.

If a driver is reported to the stewards for a breach of this rule, it is up to the stewards' discretion as to whether they feel the driver has abused the track limits to an extent where a penalty is justified, and if so what type of penalty is appropriate to be handed out. This will depend on the severity and frequency of the cuts. The bottom line is, if you want to make sure you are not in danger of being awarded a stewards penalty, make sure you don't gain time from leaving the track limits throughout qualifying and the race.

If track limits are exceeded, you need to very clearly demonstrate that you have lost any time gained by lifting completely off throttle for the amount of time you were outside the white lines. This makes it easier to distinguish that an attempt was made to negate any advantage, in any replays or footage provided to the stewards after the race. The in-game system is pretty accurate, however if you are found to still be exceeding track limits regularly, even when coming off throttle to give up any advantage, or not lifting off throttle for long enough, you can still be penalised after the race.
Anyone who took part in Season 9/10 will be familiar with following these without the game to help you out. For anyone new to AOR for Season 11, just drive fair, don't take the ****, and if in doubt, give a lift to clear any time gained, and everything should be cool.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
@Clank24401 I know it's a bit late, but You can race if You are interested.

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I would have had plans for Halloween, but then I remembered there's nothing more spooky than this hateful creation with some water added to it. I shall join you all for some top notch suffering :D

• Winner
Reactions: Ranno

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
thank you @Gurken Koenig for ruining my race. Again first lap, and third race in a row ruined in first lap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't even save replay.
I mean, I don't understand for what is so big rush in that first lap....at least everything is stil so cold, for God sake!

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I'll take no spins and a top 10 at the embodiment of hatred after qualifying 18th or something like that :D

Reactions: Ranno

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Thank you also @Gurken Koenig. You were a lap behind but would not slow down at all, almost hit you a few times when trying to pass. Not just a couple of corners but for10 LAPS! Will take it to stewards but most likely lost podium because of you. Please learn the rules.

Duip

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2018
I'm so done with this **** game... had an awesome quali, led the race for 18 laps before I went to the pits to change tyres, but for some reason the tyre pressures were over 3 bars already on the pits... the car was undrivable after that. I'm 100% sure it would have been a win otherwise.

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Q: In my practice races I was able to do better times, but I was more than happy with P4.

R: Well I think we all have been bit afraid of that crazy turn 1 but luckily it was fine, no contacts at all, only small ones at least what I saw. As usually my race pace is slower than the guys around me so it was pretty tight right behind me and I had very close racing with @dr_green but everything was clean and fair. Luckily I did not made huge mistake, only small ones but because of slow pace, I was loosing time. Anyway in the middle of the race I went to pits, no iisues at all. I think I joined the race just outisde top 10 but than guys who ddi not pit made their stops and somehow I found myself on P3. I was not looking for this race as this track is awful even in dry conditions. So I am super happy with my P3!!!

PS: Of course congratz to @VoodooChild and to @venquessa and if I understand correctly on Discord, your first win of many, right? :)
PPS: @Blunboi Sorry to see you dropped from 1st place just outside top 10 :(

Reactions: Blunboi

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
Q: In my practice races I was able to do better times, but I was more than happy with P4.

R: Well I think we all have been bit afraid of that crazy turn 1 but luckily it was fine, no contacts at all, only small ones at least what I saw. As usually my race pace is slower than the guys around me so it was pretty tight right behind me and I had very close racing with @dr_green but everything was clean and fair. Luckily I did not made huge mistake, only small ones but because of slow pace, I was loosing time. Anyway in the middle of the race I went to pits, no iisues at all. I think I joined the race just outisde top 10 but than guys who ddi not pit made their stops and somehow I found myself on P3. I was not looking for this race as this track is awful even in dry conditions. So I am super happy with my P3!!!

PS: Of course congratz to @VoodooChild and to @venquessa and if I understand correctly on Discord, your first win of many, right? :)
PPS: @Blunboi Sorry to see you dropped from 1st place just outside top 10 :(
Cheers mate! Honestly don't know what happened that race... As soon as one thing goes wrong I just lose complete concentration and this week was my HUD completely dying... I had no idea how much I relied on it until I didn't have it anymore, had no idea how to get it back up either. I had no idea I was even in first if I'm being honest :LOL:... Anyways, congrats to the guys on the podium, I'll look forward to hopefully pick up some points next week

PS: @poisike78 really sorry for sending you around earlier on in the race mate, I tried to slow down as much as I could but I think you were losing the rear end or something, again I'm sorry

Reactions: VoodooChild

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Results are up.

Congrats to @venquessa for the win! And @VoodooChild and @LiboCZ for podium.

I feel so stupid and angry at myself for backing out of every move to keep it safe, just to be turned around by someone from behind.
Sorry about the tap from behind who ever you were, didn't catch who I hit (@LiboCZ ?). Luckily I didn't spin you out.
Otherwise I guess I should be happy, from 6th to last to 5th. Some guys were very friendly and let me pass them as if I was lapping them. I really appreciate that and I usually do the same when someone is faster then me, but still wanted to thank you all (didn't have the time to check and remember your names, I guess You know who you were). Had some nice battles too, it's really hard to safely overtake someone here, even if You are a faster. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: mikeself and LiboCZ

Gurken Koenig

Formula Karter
May 28, 2018
thank you @Gurken Koenig for ruining my race. Again first lap, and third race in a row ruined in first lap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't even save replay.
I mean, I don't understand for what is so big rush in that first lap....at least everything is stil so cold, for God sake!
On the straights I was faster and was very clear in front of you and you touched me at the back left. You ruined my race!

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
@Gurken Koenig
I have no replay saved so cannot see it again. But as I recall, I was left on that straight and didn't move to the right-you tried to overtake and then turn on me to the left early and sent me to the wall!!!

Reactions: VoodooChild

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@poisike78 I only let you through because you're my teammate :p I figured the further you could get the more points we got in the championship, because I was only going backwards.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
And my case is at the stewards, I would love to hear the explanation for that... You can freely use that link for the stewards as well.

Capitalist

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2018
I'll take no spins and a top 10 at the embodiment of hatred after qualifying 18th or something like that :D
Great race man, I'm glad you were able to keep me company at the end, kept it pretty exciting after I binned it into the wall earlier :mad:(30 secs repairing... Stupid mistake). You should be proud of not binning it, I know it's very hard!

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
@Captain Slow may I use your video to put it on stewards? The man just don't won't to apologize and admit it's mistake. Or @poisike78 is it somehow possible to put this on stewards if I have no my own replay?! Thx