PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 4 - Oschersleben A

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
No problem. No idea if it works, I've never had to share replays before, but there's hope.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I mean if it downloaded then it worked. Its up to you to put it in the right folder :p

Reactions: D.Brezancic

Zachflange

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2016
this game really puts your zen-level to the test, and this time i failed :poop:
but at least i have a good excuse: the fast spinning british lawnmower with the italian name

it changed all lobby settings randomly, didnt want people to change cars, didnt swap my tires even tho i choose the right preset in the beginning, didnt save my replay :poop::poop:
at least i just had one small stutter but otherwise good performance (i have all on low)
and i joined @Blunboi with loosing concentration after all that :cry:

sharing replays definetly works @Deerladog

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: Blunboi

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I'm fully aware that now I've said this I'm going to crash horrifically at Dubai, but I think I've finally learnt how to not crash :D now to learn how to drive fast aswell :(

ddd3

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you again guys for restarting the Lobby for me. Although i had to start at the very last position I think I made the most of it by finishing P13. I think racing in the rain is much more thrilling than dry races :D.

Reactions: Blunboi

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
finishing second and so close to the winner brings up a lot of "what if" questions.. what if i didn't receive "pitstop busy" notification which made me pit one lap too late? what if i bothered removing damage repair from the pitstop strategy? maybe i could exit from the pits just in front of @venquessa instead of just behind him...

but then i think about my last 2 very unlucky races, to my lack of full race practice because monday's thunderstorm cut my power, and i realize that finishing second is a result that surpasses my best expectations.

So, really happy to be back in the podium contention, congrats to @venquessa on a totally deserved victory and to @LiboCZ on the third place.

I'm sorry @Duip got screwed after an astonishing pole lap, but i'm glad he (seems to have) solved the ghosting issues because he deserves to race with the rest of us.

Also, thanks to @krop for calling the starting order efficiently and to fellow drivers for proving that it's possible to perform a start like that without messing absolutely everything up (wink wink tier 1 ; ) )

Only negative remark: you guys were really chatty tonight during the race, weren't you? I think we should keep it more quiet, especially in tough conditions like we had tonight.

my PoV, which will be available sometimes in the future, when my lousy upload bandwidth will be done caughing up packets to youtube

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Yea, admittedly I was only near him on track twice and for small periods of time, but Duip didn't lag for me, and he did last race. Whatever you changed, keep it that way :p And I thought the race was pretty silent for the most part. We had a few apologies and a few drivers thanked lapped cars who made their lives easy, which is pretty normal I guess. The only thing out of the ordinary voice wise was the argument about blue flags towards the start of the race. Most people were too busy attempting to swim to have many brain cells left for chatting ;)

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Yeah sorry if I was being vocal but I guess the discord is just for situations like this. I tried to let him know that I was a lap ahead a few times but nothing seemed to help.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I think your comms were short and on point Slow, while a good chunk of the rest were redundant

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Great race. Still don't believe I won. I spend all day Saturday setting up the car with PC2tuner and practising qualifying, spend all day Sunday setting up and practising the race. Got poles and wins in practice races, even beat Zal and stayed with Leon (for a short while) in the first one. After about 20 hours practice in total, started the real qualy and it all fell apart with the setup bug giving me a default setup. 8th on the grid. Was raging, being very negative believing my race was over before it started.

Hopefully that anger didn't translate into being a d*** on track although I did hammer a few people with late and aggressive moves, I haven't watched the replay to see just how aggressive they were.

I made many mistakes, partial spins, tapped @Capitalist in the left sweepers and spun (thankfully I didn't spin him). Word of advice, the 3 left sweepers are not a good place to follow the car in front by 6 inches. I was convinced that 5th was about what I could expect.

Pitted when I caught the train in front about lap 15 to give myself open track. Brutally hammered a few runners in the teens, but I felt I had to take any opportunity and couldn't afford to run at 15th place pace.

As things began to unfold with the pit stops I found myself back in 5th but was very surprised to see that drop to 3rd and after reeling in Dr_Green for a few laps that suddenly became 1st. Still don't quite know how. I think my "hammer time" after leaving the pits worked out as I managed a couple of 1:36s. I couldn't relax either as @VoodooChild would not let me, when I eased back or made a mistake I seen the relative time plummet. He had me down to 1 second at one point. It was just a matter of keeping it pointing the right direction on slippery now worn tyres.

I think to say I drove the car to it's limits is wrong, but the car drove me to my limits. I was completely on the ragged edge of my abilities and so luck played an awfully large role for me in not binning it or ruining someone else's race.

I'm still not expecting there will be too many repeats of this. I took advantage of poor conditions by piling in the practice to the extreme. I am very glad it paid off.

Great racing with you guys and I am very thankful for a lot of people who let me lap them, even by significantly slowing their own pace. Very thankful for the clean racing side by side with a few people. I think tier 3 is showing some really good sportmanship which is great to see.

I'm both sad for those who had issues or incidents and also selfishly thankful for it. Luck of the draw I suppose :(

On to Dubai and the first night race.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I'm so done with this **** game... had an awesome quali, led the race for 18 laps before I went to the pits to change tyres, but for some reason the tyre pressures were over 3 bars already on the pits... the car was undrivable after that. I'm 100% sure it would have been a win otherwise.
If You change tires in pit, You have to set pressures in pit strategy. This has always worked for me. But if that didn't work, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason was that we restarted.

PS: @poisike78 really sorry for sending you around earlier on in the race mate, I tried to slow down as much as I could but I think you were losing the rear end or something, again I'm sorry
If You felt You were responsible for that, why didn't You follow the rules and wait for me?
I was drifting in that corner every lap and yes, I took a bit different line in that corner than most other people, but In my opinion this does not give the car behind the right to turn me around. As to me there was really no way to overtake anyone in these corners safely, I wasn't expecting such a move from behind, otherwise I would have probably just backed out and let You pass me if I would have anticipated such a move. I had to let everyone pass me before I could rejoin safely as last. Looking at lap times, this probably cost me a top 3 finish.

@poisike78 I only let you through because you're my teammate :p I figured the further you could get the more points we got in the championship, because I was only going backwards.
Yeah I understand that, but You weren't the only one who let me pass and others had no reason to do this.

Only negative remark: you guys were really chatty tonight during the race, weren't you? I think we should keep it more quiet, especially in tough conditions like we had tonight.
I also get really distracted when there is chat during the race, so I agree with You that chat should be kept to a minimum (it's also written in the rules BTW), but TBH it wasn't that bad yesterday. Or maybe it just seemed OK for me because I had gotten used to the chatroom the practice races were.

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Cheers to @Anduaa, @dr_green and @Captain Slow for an entertaining race. I was struggling with too much tyre pressure for 90% of the race, which was really annoying. Seems there was less water on the track compared to many practice sessions that i used to determine my pressures...
Quali was not so good, and I can't help but wonder how i managed to generally be further up in the McLaren last season. General nagging uncertainty concerning my own capabilities aside i managed to only spin once in the river before the final turn, went from P16 to 7, so not all seems lost. Looking forward to Dubai. :)

Duip

Formula Karter
Feb 10, 2018
Race sucked but I'm happy that I got my first ever AOR pole:p

I always forget to record game sounds but whatever

If You change tires in pit, You have to set pressures in pit strategy. This has always worked for me. But if that didn't work, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason was that we restarted.
I did set a pit strategy with pressures about 1.35 bars. I don't know if this' a bug or I did something else wrong

I'm sorry @Duip got screwed after an astonishing pole lap, but i'm glad he (seems to have) solved the ghosting issues because he deserves to race with the rest of us.
Yea, admittedly I was only near him on track twice and for small periods of time, but Duip didn't lag for me, and he did last race. Whatever you changed, keep it that way :p
Yeah, I think using mobile data works well for me :p

• Winner
Reactions: LiboCZ

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
@Duip Happy that I did not ruined your lap so much, I look really bad on your video but that was my fastest lap in quali...