PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 5 - Dubai GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 5 - Dubai GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 5 - Dubai GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 7th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 30 laps (29 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 18 November 2018 - 01:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 18 November 2018 - 02:00 (AM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@spacemonkee78
@Welchy10
@Anduaa
@kralor

Reserves allowed to race (this track has 32 pit boxes):
@Welchy10
@Corvo7

Last edited:

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to Dubai,

Leave the umbrellas and rain tyres in Germany, because there is no chance of rain during the race in Dubai. However tire management will be a returning factor as the tires can really melt away on the extremely hot track surface if you aren't careful. Hopefully racing at night helps in that regard, with cooler temperatures.

If you have some money to spent, consider staying in the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel, known as the only 7 star hotel in the world.

Overcast conditions for both qualifying and race.

*Also note the in-game date which is set to 18 November to achieve colder track temperatures.

Reactions: mikeself

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Anybody tried online with race settings yet? I only tried TT and can do a couple of 1:57s but then the tyre temps skyrocket...Will have to come up with something.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I gave it a try offline with race conditions and only managed a 2:00. Was only testing with my baseline setup + a bit of downforce.

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
I did a couple of laps online with the same result. My Tier 2 buddies were easily doing 1:57s and lower all the time. But I think provided I will ever find a proper racing line in these neverending turns, I should be able to get down to a low 1:59. Which is still pretty slow. Meh.

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
It starts always the same...you are saying that you guys are slow, I’m happy that I am the same slow and then during the quali it occurs you are 2sec faster :ROFLMAO:

• Agree
Reactions: Xeonski

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
It starts always the same...you are saying that you guys are slow, I’m happy that I am the same slow and then during the quali it occurs you are 2sec faster :ROFLMAO:
Indeed. My Thursday night test for Oscherswampen I could barely stay on the track for a lap, but when I did it was a 1:44. By Tuesday my record was a 132.7

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
We had this track in one of the previous seasons and I struggled. Now after some time I am still struggling, my race pace over 2:00s...

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I've done about 5 laps and got a 1:58, and I haven't even stolen a setup for the race yet. I think there's still 0.5-1.0 seconds to find in the last 2 turns of sector 1 when I figure out how to do them even remotely quickly. I can't wait to see how this optimism once again fails me come Wednesday :)

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Just finished a practise race, Tier 1 guys did 1:54 qualy pace, I had mid 1:57. Race pace between 1:58 - 2:00 but the grip levels seemed to be quite low for this race, they do vary a lot.

Reactions: D.Brezancic

Szekely915

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 25, 2015
I'm sorry to leave, but I thought it was the best for today. I was quite tired and I was so bored. I'm very, very, very, very, really, very, hate this track. I never understood its line. And of course I'm slow on it (and other tracks too!). I did not want to fight anyone (try to let them go), just take care not to distract anyone. The best one was when I almost fell asleep in one corner. Then I spin, then I left.

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Q: Well, this is not track for my driving style and it is still bit mystery for me how make some corners, anyway did my best lap in quali but still finished 9th, not good.

R: First few corners are bit tricky here and it was almost fine but unfortunately someone spun i nfront of me and even I tried to avoid contact I had damage on front but luckily nothing serious. I think I was P7 after first laps with guys in front of me pulling away from me but luckily I was bit faster than guys behind me, so no pressure at all :D So finally quiet race for me and not sure how, but somehow I ended on 5th place, which is great as I am not good at this track, only not sure why I was one sec slower than on Mondays practice race, hmm. Anyway happy with my race.

PS: Congrat to podium guys @VoodooChild , my team mate @Blunboi and winner @Captain Slow who is not slow anymore :p

poisike78

Feb 28, 2018
Results are up.

Congrats to @Captain Slow , @Blunboi and @VoodooChild !

@Nila What You did in T1 is not nice in my opinion. Everyone in front was taking it easy and braking early and You just hoped for the best and dived in. Didn't go so well, did it?

I had terrible PC performance from the start, the game barely run, average FPS was 83. There was no grip at all and my best lap time proves that. I have no idea what is causing that (again).

Reactions: Nila

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Wish I had something to blame that on, but I don't. I messed up, multiple times.

Over cautious on my first qualy run, a 158, alarmed by seeing 156s instead of 157s. Got traffic on the next lap, even though they let me go I aborted it. Managed to squeeze in to 5th with a low 157 on a final run.

Start of the race the car handled horribly (as usual), I held my position for a while, considered a few optimistic moves but after being too aggressive at Oschersleben I decided not to, so I felt having space in front would help I pitted, too early, landed back in the pack, had to make some passes. Then I spun into the barrier trying too hard to make up time while I had clear track, banged up the suspension and front aero. I should have tried this for at least a lap, as it would probably have been fine a top 10, but decided to pit again.

Last place.

Caught @Deerladog and had fun with him and his amazing wide blue bus for a while. Amusing, but I was doing 2:01s instead of 158s. Eventually he either got bored and let me go or spun because he disappeared at the 'bowl' :)

Had quite a lot of fun with some people. Had contact with Chabas I think, but waited on him, gave the place back.
Sorry, I don't think you expected me to put my nose there :)

13th. :(

Still good fun, hope I didn't ruin anyone's race or be too aggressive or optimistic in overtakes.

On to Suzuka(ish) then. :)

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
There was no grip at all and my best lap time proves that. I have no idea what is causing that (again).
You may consider yourself lucky. I have this problem always, even in pcars 1. It was just from bad to worst. There is a whole story about this in official forum.... it looks like some people have this problem some don't. Very weird. And I am very doubtful about fixing this. I think, well sure, will not buy pcars 3. Good luck.