PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 5 - Dubai GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 5 - Dubai GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Beeing on sickleave gives me plenty of time to practice so I decided to really go for this one. I slightly bottled the qualy as did 1:56,1 a few times just before the race in online lobby but got lucky as @Blunboi got a penalty and gave me the pole. I went for a conservative setup with consistency and cursed that a few times as the foreamentioned audi was tailing me a bit too close for comfort. I realized the race was going to be decided during the pitstop and I pitted first and made a perfect entry, pitstop and a good lap after that. I was really surprised to see myself 4 seconds clear but after watching the replay I saw that @Blunboi had stalled the engine shortly. So I got slightly lucky but I will take it after some bad luck in previous races. Special thanks to @Stephan for selling me the pedals and making me a bit faster, maybe I should be called Captain Mediocre from now on...

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
Beeing on sickleave gives me plenty of time to practice so I decided to really go for this one. I slightly bottled the qualy as did 1:56,1 a few times just before the race in online lobby but got lucky as @Blunboi got a penalty and gave me the pole. I went for a conservative setup with consistency and cursed that a few times as the foreamentioned audi was tailing me a bit too close for comfort. I realized the race was going to be decided during the pitstop and I pitted first and made a perfect entry, pitstop and a good lap after that. I was really surprised to see myself 4 seconds clear but after watching the replay I saw that @Blunboi had stalled the engine shortly. So I got slightly lucky but I will take it after some bad luck in previous races. Special thanks to @Stephan for selling me the pedals and making me a bit faster, maybe I should be called Captain Mediocre from now on...
Yeah you really deserved that one mate, I couldn't keep with you on the straights but I don't mind, when the racing's that close I'll take second... Bit unfortunate to stall the Audi in the pits but oh well, at least I know to be more careful in the future... @Captain Slow Big congrats on the race mate, hope for some more close battles over the coming races, also congrats to @VoodooChild you were close enough to keep me on my toes the whole race, here's to Sakitto!! :cool::cool:

Reactions: Captain Slow

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Results are up.

Congrats to @Captain Slow , @Blunboi and @VoodooChild !

@Nila What You did in T1 is not nice in my opinion. Everyone in front was taking it easy and braking early and You just hoped for the best and dived in. Didn't go so well, did it?

I had terrible PC performance from the start, the game barely run, average FPS was 83. There was no grip at all and my best lap time proves that. I have no idea what is causing that (again).
Your right, i shuld have been on the brakes abit earlier there. I was not ready for the guys infront, to slow down that early. Sorry if ruined T1 there and ill do my best to be abit more alert in future races.

To my defence, there are alot of cars to look out for in T1 on all tracks and i was looking at both you and the guys coming up behind me so i was not ready for that early breaking.

Sorry again and i hope you can accept my apologise. Im not a "hot driver" but i think i just had some bad luck there.

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Yeah. Rly sorry about that. I was late on the middle pedal and to avoid tapping the guy in front i turned abit the the left and i dont think @poisike78 saw me just as i passed him and we ended up touching each other. This resulted in him going of the track and me losing grip and spin around. When i crashed in to you i was still drifting sideways and i was trying to countersteer to keep the car in a straight line.

Hope i did not ruin the whole night for you. Im usualy a pretty cool driver and this does not happen often.

Sorry mate. I hope we can shake hands and let it pass!

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
Difficult race. Last 1/3 of the race I wasn’t able to do the hairpin correct...
Performance of pc in the night race also was far from good.
I think I need to find a league with forced default setup or hire engineer to do it for me.

@venquessa yeah it was me. Didn’t expect you there as there was already one guy on the right and I wanted to undercut him, for you probably it looked like I closed you the door. Thanks for waiting.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
You may consider yourself lucky. I have this problem always, even in pcars 1. It was just from bad to worst. There is a whole story about this in official forum.... it looks like some people have this problem some don't. Very weird. And I am very doubtful about fixing this. I think, well sure, will not buy pcars 3. Good luck.
For me this issue stated when I started using VR in S9. I fixed the issue with overclocking my CPU to 5GHz. Don't remember having this issue in S10, but now it seems to be back. It seems to come hand in hand with stuttering. I have no idea why I have stuttering again.

i dont think @poisike78 saw me just as i passed him and we ended up touching each other.
I saw You and I even left You room on the inside line, but I was not expecting You want to go straight between me and the car in front of me on the inside line.
No hard feelings. And I'm happy to see that You agree that this was a bit too aggressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nila

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
For me this issue stated when I started using VR in S9. I fixed the issue with overclocking my CPU to 5GHz. Don't remember having this issue in S10, but now it seems to be back. It seems to come hand in hand with stuttering. I have no idea why I have stuttering again.

I saw You and I even left You room on the inside line, but I was not expecting You want to go straight between me and the car in front of me on the inside line.
No hard feelings. And I'm happy to see that You agree that this was a bit too aggressive.
Thanks mate! Ill do better next week. Hope you can solve your problems cuz i was pretty surprised to se both you and @venquessa so far back at the finish line!

Reactions: poisike78

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Second worst race of my life in a row after Oscherleben, didn't have any information on the FFB when i was losing the rear, so I spun multiple time in T1, had to pit miss the speed limit, 10 sec penalty + some penalty because i didn't slow down enough for the game when i losed the rear and i had 3 wheels past the line. Still manage to find the gap behind me to keep my position tho.

I'm not a setup master, so to counter the oversteer i put more pressure on the rear tyre and less on the front, i also soften anti-roll bar. Can this play with the lack of information from my FFB ?

Also, concerning the pressure, is it more important to have the same temp or the same pressure ? If it's the same pressure, does the four needs to be the same or only the front with the front and the rear with the rear ?

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I'm not a setup master, so to counter the oversteer i put more pressure on the rear tyre and less on the front, i also soften anti-roll bar. Can this play with the lack of information from my FFB ?

Also, concerning the pressure, is it more important to have the same temp or the same pressure ? If it's the same pressure, does the four needs to be the same or only the front with the front and the rear with the rear ?

attachment.png

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
pretty uneventful race for me, except few laps at the beginning.

I had a good quali session with 3rd best time and ended up in the same position with a mostly lonely race.
I'm satysfied of my pace but that wasn't enough to get into the battle for P1, which was raging 6-10 seconds ahead of me

Congratulations to @Captain Slow on the win and to @Blunboi on second place.

my POV:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blunboi

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Again, I had some really weird grip issues, mixed in with some not-so-weird skill issues. Didn't get within 2 seconds of my practice times all race, I thought I'd fixed this issue but apparently not. @venquessa normally I'd have let you through, but sadly for you I'd decided that I wanted at least a few laps of fun amongst all the misery. I think this is the worst I've ever done in an AOR race, including Bugatti last season where I put my car in a wall, came out of the pits a lap down to the leaders and 40 seconds behind last place, who had also pitted already.

I've decided my excuses will be that this track didn't favour the M6 to start with, we were forced to use hard tyres on a cold track, and that this is the second worst track ever to exist. If you're curious what the worst track ever to exist is, we did it last week ;)

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Really sorry (especially to @dr_green ) for not turning up yesterday! I hope you guys had a great race.
All my practice down the drain :(

Capitalist

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2018
My POV and some action from other drivers

Sorry for my tap there in the last lap, it might have been a little too optimistic. I dropped back from comfortable p4 after I spun dramatically, and had to stay 1 sec in front of Poisike.

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
Sorry for my tap there in the last lap, it might have been a little too optimistic. I dropped back from comfortable p4 after I spun dramatically, and had to stay 1 sec in front of Poisike.

Haha no probs,,,all down the straight i was thinking he gonna dive bomb me lol:p kind of, all most a good overtake :eek: haha my next thoughts was stewards lmao thn i saw u got a time penalty so i just kept ya fat a$s£ just infront and hope for best :cool:

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
@venquessa normally I'd have let you through, but sadly for you I'd decided that I wanted at least a few laps of fun amongst all the misery. I think this is the worst I've ever done in an AOR race, including Bugatti last season where I put my car in a wall, came out of the pits a lap down to the leaders and 40 seconds behind last place, who had also pitted already.
It's okay my race was ruined by myself before I found you. I did see the funny side of it and it was entertaining. Brilliant defending. I watched the replay and you only slammed the door on me hard once or twice. Like everyone else you were faster on the straights which meant I was faster everywhere I couldn't do anything with it. I could only get to you on the brakes but you would put your car where I needed to put my nose nearly every time.

A small part of me was a bit annoyed. You weren't racing me really and I was going to pass you eventually, as soon as you finally gave up I left you by 2 seconds a lap. I could have had a top ten. :( Still you were perfectly in your right to valiantly defend second last place. :p

Don't worry the next bunch up the road didn't make it easy for me either, some good fights, some I just spooked them into spinning :) Fight with @chabas was awesome even with the contact. I think the best plan is to get up front and stay up front.

So many mistakes. From not tuning the downforce to spinning in the one place there is a barrier to *** you up. I ate humble pie at this race.

Last edited:
Reactions: chabas