PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 14th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 36 laps (35 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 12 June 2018 - 10:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 12 June 2018 - 12:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@Pirate

Reserves allowed to race (this track has 32 pit boxes):
@Welchy10
@Corvo7

Last edited:

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to Sakitto, the Suzuka lookalike!

Suzuka is praised highly by many real life drivers for its technicality and flow. Although Sakitto has some major differences compared to the real life version, it is still an unique and demanding track. Be careful on pit entry as it can be dangerous to slow down after the sweeping left hander a.k.a. the fake 130R.

Medium Cloud for both qualifying and race.

Good luck!

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
I do like this track although the margin for error is very thin if it exists at all. I think it will be a tight battle as most guys practised the TT before the season. Did some setup tuning and TT today already, overheating the tyres will be a problem again but happy about my pace which in TT was low 1:40s.

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
So many turns to spin. I think this track is harder than the nordshleife, because of the nordshleife you have to find your pace instead of fighting with the others. Here you have to fight and push the cars to the limit

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I do like this track although the margin for error is very thin if it exists at all. I think it will be a tight battle as most guys practised the TT before the season. Did some setup tuning and TT today already, overheating the tyres will be a problem again but happy about my pace which in TT was low 1:40s.
So who was sandbagging?! I just checked and the TT you posted for signup was 1:42.719. And people accuse me of sandbagging... You should consider changing Your forum name. :p

I hated this track with the M6 and I was really slow with it. That's actually why I switched to Z4 and if I remember correctly then the TT I posted for sign up was also with Z4. A day before the first round I switched back to M6. So not hoping for a good finish here.

Captain Slow

Apr 4, 2018
Actually I updated my time to 1:41,6 or something but it never made the time sheet. But definitely the pedals were a big issue, my old ones had a slight sensor fault and the gas pedal was a bit erratic so hard to be consistent and fast. Also I have been training a lot more lately. Checking the best times shows that this would suit the Merc the best...

Reactions: poisike78

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
my old ones had a slight sensor fault and the gas pedal was a bit erratic so hard to be consistent and fast.
sounds like standard T3PA
2 sets of pedals, same potentiometer issue: in the old one it was on the throttle and felt like having TC always activated, in this one is on the throttle and feels like being on the ABS. Furtunately it seems that with a bit of copressed air the issue is (for the time being) gone

Captain Slow

Apr 4, 2018
sounds like standard T3PA
2 sets of pedals, same potentiometer issue: in the old one it was on the throttle and felt like having TC always activated, in this one is on the throttle and feels like being on the ABS. Furtunately it seems that with a bit of copressed air the issue is (for the time being) gone
Yup, standard T3PAs, now have the Pros. I actually did get a full refund after using the old ones for six months.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
40c track temp, rejoice!

ZeFau

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 2, 2018
Sounds good. Haven't started practising yet, but I remember turn 1 being quite the challenge and me doing the longest unanticipated drifts ever witnessed shrouding the entire mountain in impenetrable mists while nearly wetting myself... :)

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
In practice I joined tonight after a few beers, SLO was splitting Dalking and Leon!

I know I did this for the signup, maybe it's the beer, but I can't put a lap together yet. 142.9 but I have seen -0.7 on that in splits, so there is potential. Still a good sight off the pace set by the captain.

I think there is a chunk of time in 130R, but it's so hard to judge and the exit kerb is brutal.

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Did 20 laps with race fuel, best lap was 1:43,660. I don't know if it's the M6 or my setup, but I can't go faster.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I'm there too, I managed a 1:43.1 on race fuel but I'm usually above 1:43.5

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I got 1:42.8 qualy pace today, with 1:43.2 race pace. @venquessa managed a 1:41.8 though, send this man to Tier 1 already :p @poisike78 you can have my setup if you want, but its not a final setup by any means. I wait for Shooter to feed me those ones as he's much better at it than me. Also my friend made this little image for me, it's quite nice :)

poisike78

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I got 1:42.8 qualy pace today, with 1:43.2 race pace. @venquessa managed a 1:41.8 though, send this man to Tier 1 already :p @poisike78 you can have my setup if you want, but its not a final setup by any means. I wait for Shooter to feed me those ones as he's much better at it than me. Also my friend made this little image for me, it's quite nice :)
So either you are getting faster or I'm getting slower or the setup I use for all tracks doesn't work here.
I believe I have tried @Shooter80 's setups in the past and I couldn't drive with them. Maybe it would work on this track, I don't know.

On the positive side, it appears my performance issue had something to do with the track, night and overcast combo we had at Dubai. I tried Sakkito today with 25 ai cars and it was running perfectly smooth (89,9fps avarage).

What image are you talking about? I don't see any image in your post, except the smileys.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I think I'm just better at tracks with a lot of high speed corners if I'm honest, and since this track is literally just Suzuka with the slow speed turns removed, it makes sense that it agrees with me. Come to think of it, maybe that's why I was strong at Donington last season, it has about 2 slow corners. There's also the fact I seem to be able to be kind to tyres which is maybe worth a few tenths in race pace, I've seen other drivers reaching 115+ on their rear tyres, and yet I've never seen anything above 105 whilst still doing low 43's and high 42's.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I nicked Dalking's setup off TT and modified it a little. It's a beast and can get a bit unruly if you don't treat it right, but it's sane in all the right places.

Reactions: D.Brezancic

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
So running wide at the Degnor corners produces a slow down "ping". To clear it you basically have to stop, unwrap your lunch and enjoy an episode of friends before continuing or you get a 1 or 2 second penalty by spoon. It's completely broken because the running wide (or cutting the corner) will probably have already taken a few tenth of your lap time. Yet it wants (honestly) 2 or 3 seconds back off you!

Another PCars2 WTF!

I figure as long as you don't do it enough times to envoke the +30s warning penalty you are better off taking the 1 or 2 second penalty.

In addition if you run wide there in qualy it takes this lap and next which is uter BS. No need for it unless they are punishing you. I'm not a child I do not need to be punished for a mistake PCars2!

Last edited:

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
There's gonna be a lot of penalties by the end of this race, that's for sure. In that little practice yesterday I got given a 2 second penalty on lap 1 because my inside wheels were on the kerb at the exit of Degner 2. Its honestly worth taking that corner a little slower than you usually would just to make sure you don't get hit with a penalty if you run 5cm wide.