PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 6 - Sakitto GP

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Tried to do the practise race but the same setup I used in practise didn't work at all. Tyre pressure 1,90 and temps 115, no idea what caused this but impossible to drive. I guess I'm starting all over again...

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
1:43s in both race and qualifying.. Not even funny considering that I did a 1:41.7 TT in the AMG and that was like 30 races worth of seat time ago.

And I could do 130R in the AMG flat out, no way I'm doing it with the 650s unless running max wings which makes me even slower in every other section.

Next league I'm going German I guess.

Last edited:

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Yea, track feels different with loads of people on it. I noticed in a practice yesterday, when loads of random people joined towards the end of the 2 hr qually it started to feel like it does on AOR races.

Any, great craic with lots of out of place people, like battling with JK and Zal mid field, wha?

Turn 1 overtakes are absolutely hilarious. Just go all balls in and send it you can usually fix it later.

Not getting collected in the scrap yard which is the exit of 130R is an essential skill. One I thought I'd mastered until I ended up on my roof in the last lap.

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Okay just confirmed my suspicions.

Ran a 1:41.4 in quali trim with the AMG :unsure: I knew the Mclaren is slow but not THAT slow.

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
Showing up and racing is a prerequisite. :p

Just don't be in front of @CJBMX702 at the start of qualy! I'm 90% sure that was a deliberate assassination.
Dont be braking on the racing line coming out corners...if your trying to back up and find room, do it safely.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Dont be braking on the racing line coming out corners...if your trying to back up and find room, do it safely.
There was a car in front of me on the racing line backing me up. We were already loitering and I was only gently on the brakes to not hit him.

I suppose we both learnt if there will be people queuing for a lap it will be in spoon exit.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Ran a 1:41.4 in quali trim with the AMG :unsure: I knew the Mclaren is slow but not THAT slow.
I was putting in mid 141s with the Audi all Saturday, Sunday practices, but it's hard to put a lap together under 142. With only 10 minutes to get as many tries as possible it's not easy, it's very easy to lose a second here with traffic or a single mistake as it's so flowing and time loss particularly in the last sector carries with you on probably the longest flat out sequence besides the ring.

What with altercations at the start, then traffic on both subsequent hot laps I think I managed a low 143 in qual last night.

There are quite a few very fast guys in Tier 3 at this track, consistency seems to be an issue (probably as we all learnt it in TT), it will come down to which of us spins less. With damage on, a spin on the exit kerb of 130R and a visit to the wall (plus maybe being collected by a 150mph car into the bargain) will end your race and that of your collector. I think I managed to drive *under* Captain Slow as he went airborne at the entry to the last corner.

Lap 1 will be harsh as usual some are experiencing "greasy track syndrome" at the start and it's very hard to judge the grip.

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Lap 1 will be harsh as usual some are experiencing "greasy track syndrome" at the start and it's very hard to judge the grip.
Whats that? Only thing I experienced last night was unstoppable chat syndrome. I couldn't hear my own thoughts, much less my CrewChief. Just drove really slow on the side of the track to make sure I don't take someone out because I didn't know if someone was on my side or not. No idea how you guys can concentrate with that much chat, I felt like I was in a pub on Saturday night. Finally gave up in the end of lap 1 when I hit @spacemonkee78 from behind. No idea what he was doing going that slow in the last corner, maybe he was trying to enter the pit? I wasn't expecting that on the first lap. Either way, it was my fault and I apologize.

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
I was putting in mid 141s with the Audi all Saturday, Sunday practices, but it's hard to put a lap together under 142. With only 10 minutes to get as many tries as possible it's not easy, it's very easy to lose a second here with traffic or a single mistake as it's so flowing and time loss particularly in the last sector carries with you on probably the longest flat out sequence besides the ring.

What with altercations at the start, then traffic on both subsequent hot laps I think I managed a low 143 in qual last night.
Just to depress myself even further I ran the track with the Audi :p here's the result after having driven literally 7 laps in the car TOTAL.
audi.png
There's absolutely no possibility I'm cracking a 1:42.0 ever in the McLaren unless I find out how to make it run on air alone and with no heat.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
My discord seems to have died completely at the end of the practise race, can't connect go it anymore. Anybody else having trouble with it? The actual race was really good, small changes I made after yesterday's disaster seem to have helped with overheating.

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
I am starting to hate this game... today’s practice was disaster. After two laps temps were around 108. No grip at all comparing to online practice. Performance was also terrible. It looks like @poisike78 is right about performance and grip (at the beginning this was weird for me)

spacemonkee78

Formula Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Yes @poisike78 I'm sorry about that I was trying to enter the pits. I've not had a lot of practice with the pit entry which is why I was going slower than you expected. I'm sorry about the collision.

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Yes @poisike78 I'm sorry about that I was trying to enter the pits. I've not had a lot of practice with the pit entry which is why I was going slower than you expected. I'm sorry about the collision.
You have nothing to apologise for. It is the responsibility of the car behind to keep his distance, so it was my fault. I know about the pit entry, I just wasn't expecting anyone to enter it on first lap. I was also distracted by the chat on discord. After hitting you I decided I need to leave before I hit anyone else.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
So no trolling people who use the brake markers boards. They will still get swatted accidentally of course so it will serve zero purpose. Best not to base your braking on anything that can be moved.

No traditional first corner pile up on the cool down lap either.

"Ger off my lawn!"

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Both my plans for this race have been ruined. I would like to register an official complaint, I feel as though my basic human rights have been violated.