PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 21th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 35 laps (34 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 15 August 2018 - 10:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 15 August 2018 - 13:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@D.Brezancic

Last edited:

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to Oulton Park!

First use as a race track in the 1950s, this track has grown to be a pure British classic. Hosting many different British Series in its time, the rapidly changing nature of this track has proven it to be challenging at times.

And to add to this, get your umbrellas ready as this race is set to be the second rainy race of the season: with both Qualifying and the Race set to be in Rain conditions.

Good luck everyone!

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
This is interesting as I have no idea what kind of times I should be posting. Played around with my wet TT setup and managed to do 1:41,1 in an online lobby. Race pace around 1:43. No idea if it's comparable to anybody.

Blunboi

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 26, 2017
This is interesting as I have no idea what kind of times I should be posting. Played around with my wet TT setup and managed to do 1:41,1 in an online lobby. Race pace around 1:43. No idea if it's comparable to anybody.
I'll try and run some practice laps tonight, although chances are I'll still be down by a few tenths compared to whatever time you post :LOL:

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Took a quick test tonight off line for 10 laps, 1:41.7.

Puddles. :(

I know and love Oulton park, but the puddles make some beautiful corners into horror shows.

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
Yup, puddles are interesting. Although tried in a full lobby and they didn't form as badly, But notable ones are: First corner inside, have to take a wide line and Knickerbrook outside which is hard to avoid at racing speeds... now best lap 1:40,4. That Foulstons chicane is a a decider for me, can win or loose more than a second depending how well I can take it.

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
There are corners I still find it hard to accept how slow and low gear they are. I'm having to take the final corner in 1st ffs. Turn 1 in the dry is like 3rd or 4th, but while I figure 3rd might be an option if you can avoid the puddle and not slide, I'm usually giving up and getting into 2nd and running wide over the kerbs due to the puddle flicking me round.

Lots of time left to find. I will start practicing properly on Saturday morning as usual.

ZeFau

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 2, 2018
For all those wanting to dive deep into Oulton Park... Watch the masterful racing instructor Scott Mansell talk you through the circuit:

Reactions: Enton

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Wrong chicane though. The one in that video is the one I am used to, never seen the one in PCars2 currently.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Haven't driven any laps yet, but I can imagine the puddle on the inside of the banked hairpin will be of a similar size to the one at Oscherswampen T2, only about 10x deeper.

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I did some practice online with a friend yesterday with a 24h practice and today i did an 1 hour race offline with bots and apart from the first corner i didn't had massive puddle in both sessions, is something wrong or is it what the tacks is supposed to be ?

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
How badly the puddles form depends a lot on how many cars are running on the track. More cars, smaller puddles.

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
my train is stuck in nowhere for like 15 minutes if it wont start moving within the next 10 minutes i probably wont make the race in time gotta love Deutsche Bahn.

• Informative
Reactions: Ranno

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
looks like I just came in time for the start of the race :mad:
Anyways, have fun!

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Got disconnected during the final formation lap.

No fun for me I guess :c