PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 7 - Oulton Park International

LiboCZ

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Q: I think I did quite well in quali, was happy with P8, also interesting fact I did exactly the same time as @Captain Slow and @ZeFau was only 0.01 sec in front of us.

R: This was really tough race and during the race I had feeling that for today I am unoffical safety car. I was really so slow, but no wonder after two awful practice races where I was spinning like we were driving on ice. Although I somehow in one moment got on 3rd place, but went wide and from that moment I was only getting slower. Had really nice and clean battles, or I hope it was all fair and clean at least from my POV it was, with @ZeFau and @Anduaa (although you spun, hopefully we did noit had contact but no damage on my car). So at the end I am super happy with P6, realyl tough race.

PS: Congrat to podium guys @Captain Slow and @venquessa and our winner @poisike78

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Results are up.

Still surprised I didn't spin... I'm sure I will on next track, never raced there and not sure how much time I will have for practice.

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
Got disconnected during the final formation lap.

No fun for me I guess :c

My pit crew decided it be funny if they didnt change my tyres bunch of A holes ,,,,got 5 :eek: have now sacked them,,,,

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
It was a crazy but very entertaining race for me. Unlucky at the start but luicky with overtakes. From last to third so I will take it. Here is my POV of what went on:

Reactions: LiboCZ and Ranno

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Thank god is over, i really didn't enjoy this one

Was off pace in quali (invalidating the first fast lap on a clean track dind't help) where i got 14th, and off pace in the race, where i had a really weird spin in lap 8 on a puddle i've never seen before in practice. Got a bit of damage, soldiered on for 6 more laps before pitting, came out 18th and made up to 9th mostly due to other people crashing or spinning out.
Awful conditions for this track, and bad execution by me.
My POV... spoiler alert, not much interesting there except maybe the weird spin

edit: forgot the due congratulations to @poisike78 @venquessa and @Captain Slow

Last edited:

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
The worst race I've ever driven...

Q: made my personal record, but started 18th, with the game crashed right after the session, when we switched to race. /sry about that/

R: spun for the 1st time around lap 10, went to pit, everything was still okay, ... I got closer to cars in front, but unfortunately, I spun again and touch the tires in Britten's ... went to pit one more time, but my stupid pit crew just decided to give me hard slicks... :ROFLMAO:(n):unsure::mad::ROFLMAO:... well, I just adjusted the pit strategy manually while I was snailing back to the pits for the wet tires... :cry::censored:. On the last lap I lost the control of my car on the lakeside straight and spun for the 3rd time... and someone hit me there (@Xeonski or @Anduaa) ... sorry about that really. I was just a passenger... and even didn't get the blue flag nor my in-game "relative spacing & drivers" noticed you...

finished P18th somehow... :eek::ROFLMAO::LOL::unsure:

Reactions: Zachflange

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I had a fairly uneventful race. I didn't leave myself enough space in qualy, caught Krop (I think) half way round and needed to give him space and not distract him to be fair. Got 5th which was fine.

Lap one, Kalor appeared to be a bit out of place, don't often see him up the front. The two in front were side by side after turn 1 and I was catching up and about to get involved in their stuff 3 wide into turn 3, but some wise words popped into my head, "It's a long race.", so I checked Zeufu wasn't going to send it on me and backed out of it, opened the pop corn and enjoyed the show. Blunboi (I think) slide off going wide in turn 3, Capitalist fell foul of the aggressive racing in Turn 4, Zefeu went wide avoiding capitalist and Captain slow hit the spinning capitalist. At some point Kralor fell off too and I was in 2nd. So I put the popcorn down and tried to catch Poisike.

It initially looked like I might catch poisike, but then he did that "waking up" thing and began to extend his lead by a few tenths a lap. It was just a matter of not tangling with back markers, pitting at the right time and hoping Captain Slow didn't materialise on my relative timings too soon.

Turn 1 last lap I arrived to find ZachFlange spinning. I braked and waited to work out which side to go. I choose to pass his front side, bad idea. Just as I approached he set off and we collided. Front aero and suspension damage made the car difficult to drive. I had to watch my mirrors, avoid the 2 or 3 battling back makers trying to unlap themselves while trying to calculate how far back Captain Slow was. Appologies to those back markers, in rights I should have let you unlap yourselves as I was quite slow, but I really didn't want Captain slow to join in :D Thanks for not doing an Ocon and forcing the issue. :)

Luckily made it round in 2nd still.

Reactions: ZeFau and Ranno

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
My pit crew decided it be funny if they didnt change my tyres bunch of A holes ,,,,got 5 :eek: have now sacked them,,,,
Always check your strategy on the grid. Don't just select it, open it and check. The reason is that whether it saves changes done during a race to the selected strategy or not is a bit random, so you can inadvertently change your strategy in a race. Not confirmed, but I believe if you get a unscheduled pit stop warning in a practice session it can add fuel to your currently selected strategy and save it.

If you are really paranoid or having strategy issues you can check or set it up in the car management menu with adjust strategy. You can't change tyre pressures though. I would also avoid "Automatic by weather", it doesn't get it wrong often but it does get it wrong.

• Friendly
Reactions: mikeself

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018

So not quite everything happened as I remember it, but here is the start from my point of view.

Zachflange

Pro Karter
Apr 17, 2016
I'm sorry for the Last Laptop incident @venquessa
I should have stayed still, i thought i had enough time to go Out of the way and that Nobody would pas me on the inside anyway

But how could this 360 mashine be from England, its the worst car on a wet track of the GT3s i have driven
Maybe thats why it has a italian Name...

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I'm sorry for the Last Laptop incident @venquessa
I should have stayed still, i thought i had enough time to go Out of the way and that Nobody would pas me on the inside anyway
Not your fault. I initially thought you would end up going backwards from the spin, so went for the inside. When I seen you come to a complete stop, I should have switched to pass behind you as you would be much less likely to reverse than drive forward.

My lesson learnt :)

• Friendly

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
my pov and some action from other drivers....i did not turn spray of which makes it a bit easier to see lol :p:cool: