PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday November 28th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: No qualifying. Starting order is reversed championship standings.
- Race: 39 laps (38 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Race start time: 9 September 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows:
@spacemonkee78

Last edited:

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

Welcome to the legendary, Spa-Francorchamps!

Designed in 1920, this track has seen all forms of racing imaginable. A favourite for many, we are sure we'll see excellent battling out of Eau Rouge and down the Kemmel Straight especially. Plus, this race is of course the second 90 minute race of season - meaning the championship leaders will have to navigate the field.

No fear on the weather front as, with a 99.9% accuracy, we can predict a dry race; beginning heavy cloud before a transition to overcast.

Good luck everyone!

Captain Slow

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Apr 4, 2018
As I'm moving this weekend and on Monday / Tuesday I had to start training early to get at least some mileage under my belt. Race pace with full load around 2:20. Light load in 18s. No idea about the tyre wear or fuel load as of yet, hopefully will have the time to figure it out for the Lambo.

Reactions: Ranno

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
As I'm moving this weekend and on Monday / Tuesday I had to start training early to get at least some mileage under my belt. Race pace with full load around 2:20. Light load in 18s. No idea about the tyre wear or fuel load as of yet, hopefully will have the time to figure it out for the Lambo.

Noooo! :cry: I did a 2:22 in qualy trim. :(

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
soft or hard ? From the few laps that i have taken the straights might be enough to cool the soft but i don't know about the tyre wear

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
soft or hard ? From the few laps that i have taken the straights might be enough to cool the soft but i don't know about the tyre wear
No idea, I have only tied the hards. Considering rears go up to 98C, I don't think I could make the softs work.

spacemonkee78

Formula Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Hi @poisike78 , as I mentioned at the start of the season I'll not be able to make the race at spa as I'm working Wednesday night. I'll be able to race the last 2 rounds though.

• Informative

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Hi @poisike78 , as I mentioned at the start of the season I'll not be able to make the race at spa as I'm working Wednesday night. I'll be able to race the last 2 rounds though.
Yes, I have that written down. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to check my notes and update the first post.

Reactions: spacemonkee78

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

LiboCZ

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
I tried to changed quite a lot of things on the setup, but there is still the same outcome, with my race pace I cannot get under 2:22s... I am afraid this will be long and lonely race for me.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I tried to changed quite a lot of things on the setup, but there is still the same outcome, with my race pace I cannot get under 2:22s... I am afraid this will be long and lonely race for me.
well, it doesn't need to be a lonely race... for example, you could keep @venquessa , @Captain Slow and @poisike78 behind you for the whole race....

... just sayin' ....

:p

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Much like @LiboCZ I cannot seem to get my lap times under 2.21 on qualy pace!! Set up of the car feels ok. Best I can. Losing time I think in Eau Rouge and Radion, car is so unbalanced through there its unreal. Lose so much speed by the time I come out at the top. Final corner, bus stop not able to get power on quick enough but can probably get round that with just sheer practice. Car feels ok everywhere else. Just simply not good enough I don't think to get the times down.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
One other point I want to make is that a F*&%£%£ hate the track limit rules & penalties on this game. The final left kink in the back straight. If you run wide there it invalidates your current lap that you are on (which is fair enough as you can prob gain an advantage by running wide), but it invalidates the next lap. How can you have gained an advantage for the coming lap when you still have the bus stop chicane to go!? It is so dumb.

Not to mention during a race, when you have to slow up to avoid a time penalty. I cant remember which track it was, but I made a minor error and ran wide onto the gravel. It was horrendously bumpy and you have to get out of the throttle, wait for the car to settle before setting off again. So you have already lost out. Then the game made me lift from the throttle for about 3 - 5 seconds on top of that to avoid a time penalty at the end of the race. The penalty imposed is just stupid.

I don't know why they dont use a system similar to iRacing uses, where I think its cumulative. If you run wide, you get a penalty point, get enough of them then you start getting penalties. Penalty points will be awarded from small to high depending on the degree of corner cutting etc...

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
Okay so I hope this time around the game doesn't decide to randomly disconnect me :D

• Optimistic

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Haven't had time to practice, first few laps on and I'm in the 21s and apparently rather good at defending. Lets hope this sticks for the race :p (spoiler alert, it won't)

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Sry for my lags :/ Since multiple people complained it was probably for the best that I left the lobby.
Really dont know what was the problem, checked connection immediately after I left - everything perfectly fine. Also was I lagging from the start or just at lap 7/8?