PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 8 - Spa-Francorchamps

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Yes, just wanted to make sure that the total number was correct. So we had no uninformed no shows this time (y)

A few questions for everyone:
Did anyone have problems with the lobby stability or performance yesterday (mainly interested in things you usually don't have problem with when someone else is hosting)?
In general, would You say there is a noticeable difference based on who hosts the lobby?
Would You be OK with me hosting the remaining 2 rounds? If no, can You name anyone who would be a better choice?
yesterday i had occasional micro freezes and stutters, nothing game breaking but sometimes a bit butt-clenching.
Cannot recall though if they happened before or after your game crashed. Oddly enough, my little spin at bus stop happened a couple of seconds before you disconnected, but i really can't tell if these 2 events are linked in any way (probably the aren't).
Link to the spin moment:

Generally speaking, I never had issues when @Zachflange hosted, so if it's not too much of an hassle for him, I'd prefer him as an host.
Not saying that you are a bad host @poisike78 , just that he's a proven good host, at least for me.

Ranno

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
yesterday i had occasional micro freezes and stutters, nothing game breaking but sometimes a bit butt-clenching.
Cannot recall though if they happened before or after your game crashed. Oddly enough, my little spin at bus stop happened a couple of seconds before you disconnected, but i really can't tell if these 2 events are linked in any way (probably the aren't).
Link to the spin moment:

Generally speaking, I never had issues when @Zachflange hosted, so if it's not too much of an hassle for him, I'd prefer him as an host.
Not saying that you are a bad host @poisike78 , just that he's a proven good host, at least for me.
Yeah, I have occasional stutters too, I have always had them as long as I have used VR and never noticed that they are in any way related to host. To me this seems like a issue with my PC performance, it just isn't powerful enough to run PCars2 at 90fps at all times. I never had stutters running on 1080P monitor.
Your spin may be related to my game hanging if it was a result of a freeze, but I'm 99% sure this freeze would have happened regardless of who was hosting. I always have short freezes or frame drops when someone gets disconnected or just leaves the lobby.

Thanks for Your feedback! I have no way of forcing @Zachflange to host our races, but I will ask him if he is ready to continue for the remaining 2 rounds.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
I have no way of forcing @Zachflange to host our races, but I will ask him if he is ready to continue for the remaining 2 rounds.
that was my thinking too.
If he can host with no problems, good.
If he can't, your host will be fine.
Btw, some of you might have done some practice races with me hosting... did you notice anything wrong? My connection is not really "broad" but the hardware should be pretty solid, so i could be used as a backup-backup-host.

Deerladog

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
@poisike78 I can't give you a specific timestamp right now as I'm on my phone at work, but a couple of seconds after you disconnected my game hung for a couple of seconds, totally froze up. I basically had to guess where my car was in the middle of the bus stop until my game decided to work again. You can see it somewhere on my vod on my Twitch channel (paladin_rl) just skip around until you find it. I'll find a timestamp later on if I remember. I also caught a glimpse of Voodoo's spin too. I had no issues all race, I never have issues with you, Zach, Shooter, Tickle, or anyone else who has hosted a large race I have driven in. It was just this one moment which I believe was linked to your game crashing. Its nothing to worry about in my opinion. Like you said, everyone has issues with this game at some stage, its just something we've come to accept with PC2.

Reactions: Ranno

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
So my best race of the season so far. Managed to find a setup online which really helped my car feel so much more stable. Gave me a lot more confidence. Sorry to who I clipped at the long right hander on lap 2. Out-braked myself a bit and locked up. Clip from my stream on

Then yet again my game didnt change tyres (although thanks to you guys I now know why), but it meant that I was rather struggling on tyres until the end. My front right was shot but the car was still quite stable and I was able to still be reasonably fast until the end and even caught @D.Brezancic towards the end. Getting close at the bus stop chicane but both out-braked ourselves, I think mine was more because I was closer so my braking was affected and ended up almost rear-ending him. Then caught him again on the last lap but some very deliberate "you shall not pass" maneuvers meant I had to settle for 8th in the end. Great fun.

Had a lot of fun, only 2 spins for a change, shame one meant some front end damage which need repairing. But much more positive from my side.

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
yes @Welchy10 it was great fun at the end of the race and it was quite clear and fair battle I think!!! You were short one lap, I think you would catch me on next one :)
Apart from my constantly online race problems with very different car behavior, i did not change tires and it was even very very hard to drive at the end of race.

Reactions: Welchy10

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
that was my thinking too.
If he can host with no problems, good.
If he can't, your host will be fine.
Btw, some of you might have done some practice races with me hosting... did you notice anything wrong? My connection is not really "broad" but the hardware should be pretty solid, so i could be used as a backup-backup-host.
@Zachflange replied that he is ok with hosting the remaining 2 rounds, so I guess we will go with that unless someone has a problem with @Zachflange hosting?

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
For me it doesn't matter who is hosting, very rarely i have a race where i have a lot of lag and stutter (this season it was dubai) but in a general way i can't tell the difference between a host or another

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
For me it doesn't matter who is hosting, very rarely i have a race where i have a lot of lag and stutter (this season it was dubai) but in a general way i can't tell the difference between a host or another
If I remember correctly then Dubai was night? I think that was where even my new RTX2080 was struggling. Can't really remember everything, so many issues with so many variables.

EDIT: I have been watching incident videos tonight and basically in every second clip someone says "Does anyone else have stuttering" and someone replying "Yes, I do". So it's not like we are the only tier affected by this.

Last edited:

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
You have rtx 2080 and still issues with performance?! I’m waiting for my new pc but with 2070 and now I’m worried that it wasn’t good decision.

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
You have rtx 2080 and still issues with performance?! I’m waiting for my new pc but with 2070 and now I’m worried that it wasn’t good decision.
Yeah, I had it for about a month and it turned out to be faulty. Should receive a replacement today actually.

If You are using a monitor then 2070 should be more then enough, even 1070 is enough for that. But VR is really demanding on hardware and not just for GPU. It seems for VR you need at least a i7 8700K and 1080TI/2080 to run this game without stutters.

I bought a 9700K on sale yesterday (not exactly cheap, but closer to the MSRP), but I can't use it before I find the motherboard I want, its not currently in stock in my country. Then I will put together a completely new PC and see if I can finally run this game without issues...

Capitalist

Formula Karter
Jul 15, 2018
Performance during the race was good for me I think, had some moments when my framerate went down a little, but that was probably due to streaming in 1080p accidentaly...

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
If I remember correctly then Dubai was night? I think that was where even my new RTX2080 was struggling. Can't really remember everything, so many issues with so many variables.

EDIT: I have been watching incident videos tonight and basically in every second clip someone says "Does anyone else have stuttering" and someone replying "Yes, I do". So it's not like we are the only tier affected by this.

Overcast conditions are the most demanding among the "dry" weather in PC2:
overcast.GIF

Silverstone, Dubai and the second half of Spa race were overcast, and i still cannot understand why AOR went so often with the most frame rate killing, gloomiest and least interesting of the weather conditions. It nicked us of a romantic race under the stars in Dubai.
I reckon that being most of the AOR people british, they just don't acknowledge the existence of weather conditions different from rain and overcast :|

Reactions: ZeFau

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Overcast conditions are the most demanding among the "dry" weather in PC2:
View attachment 66422

Silverstone, Dubai and the second half of Spa race were overcast, and i still cannot understand why AOR went so often with the most frame rate killing, gloomiest and least interesting of the weather conditions. It nicked us of a romantic race under the stars in Dubai.
I reckon that being most of the AOR people british, they just don't acknowledge the existence of weather conditions different from rain and overcast :|
Actually it's because of what people wanted. In S10 feedback, one of the most requested things was that weather would clearly favor one type of tire and that's what everyone got. Overcast is one of the ways to keep track temperature low.

VoodooChild

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Actually it's because of what people wanted. In S10 feedback, one of the most requested things was that weather would clearly favor one type of tire and that's what everyone got. Overcast is one of the ways to keep track temperature low.
I disagree that keeping the track temperature low fulfills the request.
With low temperature you can choose between softs and hards, so that defeats the logic of "clearly favoring one type of tyres".

But it's ok, because that was a stupid request to begin with, made by clueless people who prefer having it simple but boring rather than tough but interesting.... so kudos to the cods for adopting the wrong solution to a bad request (just don't pick overcast so often, though)

Ranno

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I disagree that keeping the track temperature low fulfills the request.
With low temperature you can choose between softs and hards, so that defeats the logic of "clearly favoring one type of tyres".

But it's ok, because that was a stupid request to begin with, made by clueless people who prefer having it simple but boring rather than tough but interesting.... so kudos to the cods for adopting the wrong solution to a bad request (just don't pick overcast so often, though)
But it has prevented a lot of people complaining about tire temps this season. I don't think there is a way to make everyone happy. Weather is not the only thing that affects performance, I believe that there are tracks that affect the performance more than the weather does. I agree that the Dubai + night + overcast was a worst case scenario and such worst of everything combos should be avoided.

You can always leave feedback. S11 season feedback thread will be posted soon.
If You think You could do it better, You can talk to @Marvin or @Stephan about becoming a coordinator yourself. I can give You my place if they are OK with You becoming a coordinator.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
we're always happy for feedback! We just try to cater to everyones needs a little bit while making the seasons exciting, and provide a level of variation as well.
There'll be some feedback threads, so share all your thoughts and requests, to allow us to make the next season even better :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Zachflange