PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 9 - Texas Road | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tier 3 - ROUND 9 - Texas Road

spacemonkee78

Formula Karter
Jun 5, 2018
@kralor sorry for crashing into you. I made a mess of the chicane then didn't expect you to slow so much. Don't really know what I was doing to be honest, will need to check the replay. Anyway, apologies!

Captain Slow

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2018
It was a great race! I did a 14,3 in practise qualy just before the race and in the real thing 15,6 as there was traffic on every single lap, people spinning and exiting pits. But that happens on a short track. I started 6th and lost one more place because I had to be extra careful not to ruin my last race. After a while the cars spaced out a bit and I started passing but destroyed my tyres in the process. My game stalled the engine again at the pits (made sure I had autoclutch on) and after pit stops I was 3rd and about 12 seconds behind @VoodooChild. I pushed as hard as I could and got within 4 seconds of the leaders but again used way too much of my tyres. There was a small accident ahead and also lapped cars and I went through all of them and found myself in the lead . The very same lap my grip was all but gone and I had a semi-spin and many many close calls sideways but managed to get to second. Gongrats to @Blunboi and thanks everybody for a great season. Enjoy the last race, I'm off to holidays next week, maybe I'll still be a pain in the practise races before that.

dr_green

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 21, 2016
holy fucking **** im so fucking mad at myself right now
i raced for the whole day, now in the middle of the race myfucking wheel decided to go off my table so i thought sure i will readjust the screw of my wheel while on the straight amd boom my car goes **** you
@dr_green im very sorry your dnf was the result of my stupidity
this was one of the best races i ever had and i even had a very good chance of a top5 finish which I was far away from for the whole season and that tilts me even more
i guess **** like this only happens once
fml

must be mistaking me with some 1 else,,,atleast you not asking for moneis i owe:p

Welchy10

Pro Karter
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for my racing tonight guys and ultimately the d/c. The game was incredibly choppy for me and stuttery. In practice it was super smooth but online it was a different story. Made it really hard to drive because of that and made constant errors where I missed braking zones, or the game registered my acceleration wrong etc...
Didn't like the track much either, even with t/c on very high (usually dont have it on at all) the car was so uneasy coming out of corners.

Anyways. Rant over. Hope it was a great race, congrats to @Captain Slow on the championship win, hopefully i can end on a much better race next week!

VoodooChild

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2018
Great race, but luck didn't assist me.
Got another podium finish, but they are starting to lose flavor.
At least was an intense battle.
Congrats to @Blunboi on the win and to @Captain Slow on a deserved championship

my POV (when youtube's hamsters will be done elaborating it)

Last edited:

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Thanks for a great battle @poisike78 and others, it was great all the way!
Yes, the racing was great this time. It didn't feel like everyone is there to kill you, as it usually does in practice races.

Not much to say about my own race. I was keeping up with front pack better than I expected, but totally screwed up myself with the pit stop. I was almost sure I selected the right pit strategy before the race, but it turned out I didn't. Got a 10 seconds penalty on top of that for speeding in pit lane. So I tried selecting the correct one exiting the pits, went in the next lap again and got wets. So had to pit a third time too. Other than that, it was a good race (y)

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
@Blunboi Did you use the same setup you did in TT for the race?

Part of me won't let this race go. I was trying, but I was loosing 0.5 seconds on the straight every lap and not making it up in the in field either. I can accept being 0.5 seconds slower than the leaders, that means I'm just slow, but when I'm pushing and on average 1 second a lap slower and 1.4 seconds off the pole pace I am doing something very wrong.

Another part of me says, "Let it go, move on.".

I felt very frustrated like there was something people weren't telling me. Like there was some secret (or common knowledge) about this track that I didn't have. I mean my best lap was a 1:16.1 with a tow. When I pushed the car as hard as I could without a tow I think I got a 1:16.8.

Watching Jardier's stream only made it worse. With literally nothing left on his tyres after 30 laps on them he was complaining about doing 1:15.7s! Apart from him obviously braking later and harder and being more on the limit in the corners than I can ever do he was taking the same lines as I was.

Something is quite wrong with how I drive this circuit and I want to know what it is.

Blunboi won in the Audi so I can't even blame it on the R8

VoodooChild

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2018
I felt the same in Silverstone and Oulton

Last edited:

LiboCZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jul 25, 2016
Well, that was definitely one of the worst races I had here on AOR within my 4 seasons. Not sure why but nothing worked from setup point of view and my car felt awful, so no wonder I finished 14th... Anyway I would like to congratz podium guys @VoodooChild and my team mate for his first win of the season, well done @Blunboi and the well deserved champion of our tier, and as some guys already wrote, no longer slow :p @Captain Slow

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Well, that was definitely one of the worst races I had here on AOR within my 4 seasons. Not sure why but nothing worked from setup point of view and my car felt awful, so no wonder I finished 14th... Anyway I would like to congratz podium guys @VoodooChild and my team mate for his first win of the season, well done @Blunboi and the well deserved champion of our tier, and as some guys already wrote, no longer slow :p @Captain Slow
As @VoodooChild mentioned, Your teammate won the first round too, but he managed to gather so many penalty seconds that it doesn't show as a win in results.

VoodooChild

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 27, 2018
and Nurburgring didn't he?

anyway @venquessa , can't tell it for sure because i didn't see his setup, but i bet @Blunboi decided to play the strenghts of his R8 instead trying to chase the lambos in the oval part: in the mixed bit he gained 50-100m on me entering last hairpin, and by the time we were back in first hairpin we were again bumper-to-bumper.
my lambo's higher top speed paid off only once when he had a less than perfect exit from last corner into the oval, and still it wasn't easy to overtake him

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
and Nurburgring didn't he?

anyway @venquessa , can't tell it for sure because i didn't see his setup, but i bet @Blunboi decided to play the strenghts of his R8 instead trying to chase the lambos in the oval part: in the mixed bit he gained 50-100m on me entering last hairpin, and by the time we were back in first hairpin we were again bumper-to-bumper.
my lambo's higher top speed paid off only once when he had a less than perfect exit from last corner into the oval, and still it wasn't easy to overtake him
Even with a perfect exit out of the final hairpin and being less than 1 meter off the bumper of the car in front, they pull away from me. I could catch people on the brakes into T1 for the first few laps until the tyres let me down.

You would think this is because I was running high downforce, but I had 0-4. On the in-field I had no grip either. I was able to push there for the first few laps, but then my front tyres over pressured, which never happened in practice, I had 1.85 on the front left and 1.88 on the front right. By the time they calmed down again the wear on them meant I still couldn't push any.

I pitted on lap 25, noting that a lot of people pitted early and I at least knew I would get them towards the end as tyre wear was extremely high. Out of the pits my tyres did not over pressure, but pushing as hard as I could I managed low 1:17s. I just had no grip, car sliding all 4 wheels in many of the slow corners. I tried backing it down a bit and just got reeled in by the cars behind.

On the oval I was entering T1 at 265 and exiting it at 249. I watched Jardier's stream and he was exiting turn one at 260-265!

Something was wrong with my car AND my driving. The setup came from CJ's TT, with the various ducts and radiators opened up. Not too much as the brakes were not overheating and I still got about 4 points engine damage. I actually think the tyres over pressuring suggests the brake ducts were too closed.

eXcole

Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2018
On the oval I was entering T1 at 265 and exiting it at 249. I watched Jardier's stream and he was exiting turn one at 260-265!
That shouldn't surprise you, the Audi doesn't have that kind of speed. I was doing exactly the same, sometimes 252-253 IF i managed to cut in low at entry and kept it smooth on the steering. I was running 0-3 and could only hang on while on the banking, in a straight line (like Start/Finish) you gotta accept that they're pulling away or at least aren't gonna get closer. Also i wasn't much faster on the infield than the Lambos, if at all.

My TT setup didn't work for the race (which was modified by me, but originally came from Blunboi over you and dakuza if i understand the chain of events right :D). I didn't test CJs setup, but i would think that it was also not right for the conditions or at least for us mortals. If you're interested i'm happy to share my race setup with you, i did a 15.7 a few laps after the pit in clean air. I'm no setup guru, but maybe you're then able to judge if it's mostly down to that or your driving.

Either way, as it was so slippery i wouldn't work myself up to much over it. Taking it careful and very precise driving can earn you the time here, but its easily lost with the smallest mistake.

Blunboi

Formula Karter
Oct 26, 2017
@Blunboi Did you use the same setup you did in TT for the race?

Part of me won't let this race go. I was trying, but I was loosing 0.5 seconds on the straight every lap and not making it up in the in field either. I can accept being 0.5 seconds slower than the leaders, that means I'm just slow, but when I'm pushing and on average 1 second a lap slower and 1.4 seconds off the pole pace I am doing something very wrong.

Another part of me says, "Let it go, move on.".

I felt very frustrated like there was something people weren't telling me. Like there was some secret (or common knowledge) about this track that I didn't have. I mean my best lap was a 1:16.1 with a tow. When I pushed the car as hard as I could without a tow I think I got a 1:16.8.

Watching Jardier's stream only made it worse. With literally nothing left on his tyres after 30 laps on them he was complaining about doing 1:15.7s! Apart from him obviously braking later and harder and being more on the limit in the corners than I can ever do he was taking the same lines as I was.

Something is quite wrong with how I drive this circuit and I want to know what it is.

Blunboi won in the Audi so I can't even blame it on the R8
Yeah I used the exact same setup for my TT, Quali, & Race I'm afraid mate. I wouldn't put too much blame on yourself to be honest, for some reason I just really got on with this track quite well, plus I put in at least around 200+ laps of practice this week because I'd finished my university assignments. Overall it was a cracking race, probably my favourite this season alongside Dubai because I managed to keep pace with the Lambo's on both occasions ( @Captain Slow, and @VoodooChild). But Voodoo is right, I gained a lot of my time through the road part because I was just confident in the car, I knew the Lambo had the pace over me in the oval but I also knew I could keep with him in the slipstream so he'd never get too far away. If you like @venquessa I could give you my setup for Laguna once I've figured one out, maybe you could try it and see if it fits your driving style? Just let me know and I'll shoot it over to you :)