Jul 9, 2016

ROUND 10 - Laguna Seca

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday December 12th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race: 44 laps (43 race laps + 1 AOR formation lap)

● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit Weather Center.

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 4 November 2018 - 11:00 (AM)
- Race start time: 4 November 2018 - 14:00 (PM)

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Informed No Shows: @DaneRix @CarbonUK

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Welcome to Laguna Seca!

The track features a downhill chicane dropping you a total of 18 metres, this part of the track is widely known as the corkscrew. The sun is almost always shining in this part of California, resulting in hot track temperatures throughout the year.

Both the race and qualifying are in hazy conditions.

CarbonUK

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 23, 2017
Did a few laps last night since I couldn't sleep. Got 1.26.7 in the Bentley. Tried a couple of different cars and got 1.25.5

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Prepare yourself's..... the MERC's are going to be strong here!!

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
If @fribeiro89 pulls off another 23.077 he might get pole!

Jun 26, 2016
Hey guys, just looking for any brains to pick here, as google searching hasnt turned up anything for me.

Does anyone run a g29 wheel? Mine has been fine all season (apart from r1, but that was a usb controller issue with vr) but i cannot get Project cars to detect it. its doing my head in. nothing new, nothings changed that i know of. Windows detects the wheel and sees button inputs, discord does, crew chief does, other games do, its just PC2. Tried a diffreent usb port updating logitecyh profiler, resinstalling it, running as admin, for it and steam, resetting default controls, deleting the PC2 default controls .ini file, nothing i can think of will make the game detect the wheel now....for apparently no reason. If anyone else has run into this or a similar bug or even has a suggestion, feel free to throw ideas my way.....

Last edited:

GIXXERosg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
@marcoboyle delete the default.controller file in save game > 40000 something > Project cars 2 > profiles

Jun 26, 2016
@marcoboyle delete the default.controller file in save game > 40000 something > Project cars 2 > profiles

Cheers for that suggestion, it's def a good shout, but that's one of the ones I ended up trying and still no dice. Apparently that seemed to be a bug from pc1 that's carried over to pc2. If only that fixed it! It's so infuriating!!!! :mad:

Will keep messing with stuff. Watch this, it'll just magically work one of these times for no rhyme or reason....

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I use a G29. I've got to put it in PS3 mode when plugging it in, and every once in a while I have to change the PCars2 calibration to another logitech wheel, I think its called the 929? And then it'll pick it up after I calibrate the wheel and pedals.

Sep 18, 2018
Hey guys, just looking for any brains to pick here, as google searching hasnt turned up anything for me.

Does anyone run a g29 wheel? Mine has been fine all season (apart from r1, but that was a usb controller issue with vr) but i cannot get Project cars to detect it. its doing my head in. nothing new, nothings changed that i know of. Windows detects the wheel and sees button inputs, discord does, crew chief does, other games do, its just PC2. Tried a diffreent usb port updating logitecyh profiler, resinstalling it, running as admin, for it and steam, resetting default controls, deleting the PC2 default controls .ini file, nothing i can think of will make the game detect the wheel now....for apparently no reason. If anyone else has run into this or a similar bug or even has a suggestion, feel free to throw ideas my way.....
try this.....

CarbonUK

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 23, 2017
Sorry won't be able to race today feeling ill. Which sucks as this is my last league race on project cars since i have decided to race on iracing GTE league.

wolfgang

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 5, 2016
This is not the right thread, I know, but I don' t know where to ask.
Anyway, Under my name I' ve got a new title: Formula 4 test driver. Wonder what this means, I never raced formula 4, never was test driver.
It seems to be a joke in my "career". Would be nice to hear and understand the joke.

VoodooChild

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 27, 2018
i think it's a "title" awarded but the forum relatd to how many messages you post, and possibly related to other users' reactions to the post (but i'm not sure about the latter)

Xenome

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 10, 2017
I am still at work. -.- So I guess it will get close with tonight. I hope I can make it but do not count on me. :(

Izzizo

Formula Karter
May 17, 2018
I by accident got a bit drunk celebrating my examns. So I Think im out fir this one guys

wolfgang

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 5, 2016
What a holy shxx!
Best race of the the season. Had a fantastic drive, not far away from the leaders pace. No slides only one mistake with 10 sec loss.
Quali 13th. In lap 2 a short touch from behind, cost me another 10 sec. But no damage, could hold the pace anyway.
Round to round I came forward until place 5 in lap 25. Then I entered the pit, pushed the limiter button. Confidently I looked forward to the crew.
But like a lightning out of the blue: DIQUALIFIED.
The limiter button was no longer in use.
The final of the season could have been so great.
Enough stimulus for season12.
And again a good reason to visit the Irish Pub in the neighbour with these incredible pints of Guinness,