PC - AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tips, Setups and Media Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR GT3 S11 - PC Tips, Setups and Media Thread

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
I do apologize for the delay but I had some issues running the replay of this wednesday race but finally got it sorted and I present to you the first album of a GT3 race, which is a work in progress. Color correcting would be a pain I think, but I will compensate will more photos from events. Sorry if there are more shots of someone more than others. Click that link below and enjoy!

Oulton Park Album Link

@Adalexis @AndrexUK @Beniszili @dakuza @dalking38 @DiHeidi @Gamisuke @Jardier @JKay14 @John_Beauregard @LeoNTheSickOne @Lusti @Mr. Van Ommen @Murphy @rillo7105 @RWB Rodders @ScottV @Shooter80 @Suomy @Tejpek @TM aidtheace @Tmac @Tragic Bronson @Tudesertpac @Villalobos @ZAL @Beau @Cleeuwn @marley 57 @Speeddmon91

Last edited:

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
I do apologize for the delay but I had some issues running the replay of this wednesday race but finally got it sorted and I present to you the first album of a GT3 race, which is a work in progress. Color correcting would be a pain I think, but I will compensate will more photos from events. Sorry if there are more shots of someone more than others. Click that link below and enjoy!

Oulton Park Album Link
Good job

aidtheace

2-time AOR XB1 GT3 Tier 1 Champion
Nov 9, 2016

Oulton Park Album Link

@Adalexis @AndrexUK @Beniszili @dakuza @dalking38 @DiHeidi @Gamisuke @Jardier @JKay14 @John_Beauregard @LeoNTheSickOne @Lusti @Mr. Van Ommen @Murphy @rillo7105 @RWB Rodders @ScottV @Shooter80 @Suomy @Tejpek @TM aidtheace @Tmac @Tragic Bronson @Tudesertpac @Villalobos @ZAL @Beau @Cleeuwn @marley 57 @Speeddmon91

Great stuff mate. Looks really good!!!

Reactions: David Novitzky

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Need setup advice. Generally my Spa set up works great. Except that a handful of laps into the race I get crazy oversteer. This has basically persisted through 3 different setups. I started using someone's setup off TT and it has the issue, then I made a medium stiff setup myself and it had the issue, now I have completely redone the setup to be soft and it's 1 second a lap faster, but... has this oversteer issue.

The issue is at turn in or apex when the rear end just comes randomly loose and starts doing that supermarket trolley slide thing. The first right hander into the Kemel chicane (les Combes) (end of the big straight) is a perfect example. The car is stable on the brakes, stable at turn in, but as I ease off the brakes the rear end comes loose. I have to quickly apply power to move the weight back but that can then switch over to power on oversteer and I have to mash both pedals down to save it.

Other places it happens are into Pouhon 1, if I brake slightly too long the car suddenly gets sideways as I come OFF the brakes, before I apply throttle. Again sometimes applying throttle helps, sometimes it makes it worse.

Straight after that the "Campus" right/left does it occasionally but only as I ease off the brakes the car starts to rotate.

This doesn't happen at the start of the race, but only 4 or 5 laps in and persists for about 10 laps before it seems to ease off, but it's very difficult to drive like this.

My current suspicions are rear tyre pressures. Temps are fine, rears in the 90s, but I notciced last night the pressures up at 1.86 bar and then I slowed my pace to stop spinning off they dropped back to 1.78 bar and the car handled better again. However I think my rear pressures are at minimum 1.30 bar.

Last edited:

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Are you running hard tires? I've done 40 laps on softs with temps and pressures optimal all the way through the race for that Spa September race conditions, and the car is glued to the tarmac.

Murph

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 8, 2018
If your rear pressures are too high at the back , try opening your rear brake ducts some more, that'll help keep the pressures down a bit more

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
Yea, opening the rear ducts is on the list, I'll also check I'm running minimum pressures at the rear.
For race stability I might even throw another click of DF on the back to see if it helps, even though it might give me more understeer than I'd like at other times in the race.

One plausible explanation from a bit of googling is that with a heavy forward bias on the brakes the fronts might be exceeding their grip on the brakes and as you then ease off the brakes they are able to turn harder into the corner and suddenly you run out of rear grip. It's the only plausible explanation for getting OS coming off the brakes. The solution there is to go one/two clicks back and be extremely careful with your steering angles as you come off the brakes.

Reactions: David Novitzky

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018

Oulton Park Album Link
Wow! Great work catching plenty of action in the race! I seriously need to put this thread on my watch list.

David Novitzky

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jun 9, 2018
Thanks @dakuza. I didnt think I would make a lot of them but I enjoyed the race from that point of view and couldnt resist of catching most of the action and I'm sure I still missed some of the fights cause following every car every lap is hard. Waiting for tomorrows race and will provide another gallery too. Good luck! Wish I could race there too.

eaZed neptune

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jun 22, 2016
my spa highlights in the mclaren, finished p5 after some mistakes and awesome battles:)
used the ingame replay trackside cams and some other driver povs of the guys around me

Reactions: dr_green

venquessa

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 16, 2018
I forgot about that start! I was watching the leader, as soon as he went I went. Had to jink around you @dr_green but I heard a click of contact and looked down to see if I had damage and ... drove off the track in the process! Doh!

Edit and it seems it was two of us that rear ended @Capitalist! LOL

Reactions: dr_green

dr_green

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 21, 2016
yes i saw, it was very close ,,,,got stuck behind zac had no were to go ....
fought i had done an ok job on the recording aswell until neptune say it runnin in slow mo,,,watch at 1.25 speed setting ,,,,am such a noob:giggle: