PS4 - AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Evaluation Race 3 - Thursday 27/09/2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT3 S11 - PS4 Evaluation Race 3 - Thursday 27/09/2018

Meester_Bond_WHG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jul 20, 2018
Hey all in lobby 2 and @Michel--NL, apologies for the crash near the start. Car felt weird like it was slipping on ice. No grip for the first few laps then was ok but was too late by that point.

Apologies also to whoever was in the blue car I overtook (me in green Lambo - PSN Meester_Bond_WHG). Thought I was past you so moved to the braking zone on the right but then saw you sliding off. My error entirely I think.

Nightmare first few laps then pulled it back to fifth before screwing up my pit stop with too much fuel and no new tyres. Finished sixth.

More practice needed methinks. Apologies again to those affected.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hey all in lobby 2 and @Michel--NL, apologies for the crash near the start. Car felt weird like it was slipping on ice. No grip for the first few laps then was ok but was too late by that point.

Apologies also to whoever was in the blue car I overtook (me in green Lambo - PSN Meester_Bond_WHG). Thought I was past you so moved to the braking zone on the right but then saw you sliding off. My error entirely I think.

Nightmare first few laps then pulled it back to fifth before screwing up my pit stop with too much fuel and no new tyres. Finished sixth.

I did see that you where going quicker towards the end off the race.

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
Same for you, I was coming down the straight and you literally parked your car next to mine and I couldn't move my car
I literally had no where to go. Im not going to argue mate You can watch your own stream. Ill upload mine tomorrow

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017

Appreciate the apology for the pit straight incident mate. I somehow managed to not lose too much time all things considered.

I think Ghost span me round on the opening lap, but wouldn't have made much difference, most were far quicker than me and found myself chasing AORGizmos 10 second penalty but couldn't quite do it.

Rookie mistakes on my part - I started on hard tyres, felt like a new man once I got the softs on :eek: and needlessly refuelled for what felt like forever.

Reactions: Michel--NL

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
I started on hard tyres, felt like a new man once I got the softs on :eek:
How many laps were you able to do on the softs? how were the tyre temps on softs?

on my own practice sessions, i found the softs tended to overheat.

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Bro, you guys ran on softs? I thought maybe to switch but wasn't sure. I suspected some guys were on them. Should've gone them more of a chance in practice.

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
Is it common for guys to setup practice rooms before races? It'd be nice to see what times other guys are running
yes, some people do practice sessions an hour or so before race start... additionally, there is usually a community event with similar lobby settings to what would be run on race day, open on the tuesday before wednesday race... its open to everyone.

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Interesting, i shall reassess the workability of softs in those settings. hards had me loosing time
Yeah I knew they worked for a few laps but I was probably just pushing them too hard. This whole deal has me so excited. My first proper league. Love the structure, too. I think I'm gonna delete my job and my girlfriend to race full time.

Reactions: Fred Ogega

MISFITmusicINC

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 27, 2018
Question, will we get something like a weather forecast a week or so before the race? Even something vague like you would have in those regions for that time of year, or if a hurricane is headed for Florida? Lol I'm getting way too into this.... If that makes sense